TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

Awww, them Pillows. *shall hoard*

Why are the wings of the others so...flat looking? Gorgeous sprite otherwise, but the wings kind off bother me. ;_;

I've seen the spriter quoted somewhere as saying the flat-color for the wings was to reduce to file size, since they're transparent. To have extravagant shading and still be transparent, the file size would have been massive.

My pillows need to grow up like... NOW! I want the adults so badly, so very badly!

lol, yes, i definitely based the Pillows off of cats. XD

my first submission for the request on them was actually rejected because they were too close to 'cat' and also.. i had no artwork for them at the time.

I'm happy TJ's have grown up. ;3 Loving those Swallowtails, btw. cant wait to see the fem. <3

Edited by ParticleSoup

-steals Sir Dragonloaf and runs off- ... yes, that is another good name for Pillow Dragons xd.png

Same here, I thought they looked just like playful puppies!

Yeah, they look a little like Chow Chows maybe, or Huskys biggrin.gif

I love Pillows!!

I want to have dozens of them!

these 2 new dragons are great! laugh.gif

THEY LOOK AWESOME!!!!

i woke of in the middle of the night to see this and i'm glad i did biggrin.gif

the pillows look so cute,and the thin shell looks like a two-tailed dinosaur with thin transparent wings made for gliding

Edited by Thrash

I bred a black dragon and a green stripe and got a black stripe so it isn't just the white stripes you can get them from biggrin.gif

Am i the only one to think that Pillows look original and well done, while Swallowtails look... well, old and a bit outdated? The concept is great, but the sprite itself looks very simple and schematic to me, like it was done in Paint, when all just began and nobody had great skills in spriting. Perhaps, it's one of the oldest dragons from the waiting list.

And here lies the problem: if it was done 3 years ago, it was great for that time, but now we have much more difficult and complicated sprites, since the graphics itself changed with time. So, it's like to compare good old Tom & Jerry with Shrek 3D.

Am i the only one to think that Pillows look original and well done, while Swallowtails look... well, old and a bit outdated? The concept is great, but the sprite itself looks very simple and schematic to me, like it was done in Paint, when all just began and nobody had great skills in spriting. Perhaps, it's one of the oldest dragons from the waiting list.

And here lies the problem: if it was done 3 years ago, it was great for that time, but now we have much more difficult and complicated sprites, since the graphics itself changed with time. So, it's like to compare good old Tom & Jerry with Shrek 3D.

I must say I agree. They look absolutely beautiful, yes, and they're sprited well, but they just look a little...old?

But I'll be getting them regardless :3

OMG I love the fluffy ones. IT"S SO FLUFFY!! ;D I am soo going to collected a 100 of those~~

lol i know right

ITS SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!

so the thin shell is called swallow tailed hmmm...

Squeeee! Pillow dragons! The adults are absolutely adorable!

.....runs off to try and figure out a way to knit something pillow-related......

.......banging, crashing, splatting, and clattering heard in background.......

.........runs back in with a platter of chocolate chip, peanut butter, quadruple chocolate, and snickerdoodle cookies...........

Again, thanks to all who helped make this happen! Here's to more dragons! *raises cookie*

I must say that I have also seen loads of rares, uncommons, and "shouldn't even be here"s in the AP, and even caught a couple! I got a relatively low-gen gold, a gorgeous sunsong, and a cheese (with only 1 day and nine total views! blink.gif ). That was ok, because the cheese would have locked me, and an hour and three fansites later, I was unlocked to catch that sunsong. I dont know about the rest of you guys, but as soon as I get some space free, I'm goi g hunting in fhe AP some more, work on that black army, collect more rares! Thanks, folks! biggrin.giftongue.gif

Squeeeeeeee...... *splort!*

ETA: May I ask WHY make the swallow-tails' wings transparent? Not complaining, oh, no! Inquiring mind wants to know, that's all.

Edited by Lil-Stinkpot

aw pillows is <3 esp male=))))) and yes i saw em as an idea so long time ago in one topic i don't remember where, but i remember i loved them =))))

Vicats, great job!! purple is my fav color and anyway new striped one looks pretty!

I must say I agree. They look absolutely beautiful, yes, and they're sprited well, but they just look a little...old?

But I'll be getting them regardless :3

I appreciate your opinion on the Swallows.

But in case it helps to explain why the colouring is a bit "simple," here's a post by Sif about page 89 of the thread:

QUOTE (kadoatie @ Mar 19 2011, 01:25 AM)

The swallowtails have simpler shading than most of the recent releases.. I like it being a bit different n__n

And always loved pillows, ever since the first concept sketches for the adults were made. <3

The simpler shading is due to the wings being partially transparent. Couldn't add much shading there without sending the file size skyrocketing. I'm glad you like it. ^^

They had to be left simpler because of the wing transparency.

Edited by Dragonsphinx

My CB white stripe was able to breed at last, and I managed to get a 2nd gen black stripe using one of my marrow dragons. Now I have all the new dragons! smile.gif I intend to have a huge army of Pillow dragons, and quite a few of the Swallowtails as well, but the Pillow's are my favorite dragons, bar none! <3 I've been hoping for a fluffy dragon for a long time, and the Pillow's deliver in spades!

I think they're all LOVELY ! Variety is the spice etc. And I am a LOT older than they are; I think I might be HURT... sad.gif

Or very very angry mad.gif

Or just plain dangerous... ninja.gif

And Tom and Jerry is FAR better than Shrek anyway - has a degree of subtlety that Shrek and the like totally miss.

On another matter - I always wonder how come TJ's "samples"always have one of each with no time indications on - doesn't' say how many days/hours to progress.... and WHY ?

I really like the fluffy ones!!! biggrin.gif

And when I'm not scroll locked anymore I will try to breed a black stripe with one of my CB stripes.

I always thought that the dragon's TJ has that don't show their grow up time were frozen...

fuzzbucket, TJ always freezes a hatchling, that's why it shows with no time-countdown.

On another matter - I always wonder how come TJ's "samples"always have one of each with no time indications on - doesn't' say how many days/hours to progress.... and WHY ?

Because those are frozen hatchlings.

As for the "oh the swallowtails look so old"--so? They're very well done in terms of color choice and structure. The wing transparency is a very nice touch.