TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

*looks at AP* Now is when we really need all those "clear the AP" projects to come in full-force... But most people in those projects are probably trying for the new eggs too. Ugh.

(I'm thinking of grabbing an AP egg if I can't grab my velvet... All those poor unwanted eggs!)

i dont think that people mass-breeding is the problem at the moment... i think that the giant rush of people abandoning their eggs to fill up on the new ones has finally caught up with the cave, and we are all stuck waiting...

ive seen several abandoned eggs that i dont normally see in the abandoned page while i patiently browse it... and no one knows how rare the new ones will be at the moment besides TJ, so people are a bit more willing to abandon their rares...

ive also seen TONS more variety in the number of eggs in the abandoned page. just by looking at it i said to myself "holy crap...there must be HUNDREDS of abandoned eggs here! WAAAY over the site's limit!" it might take a looong while to open up the actual cave again, and it just might be a bit too late to catch the last of the new ones too! not to mention the constant streams of newly abandioned eggs coming from people that are just starting to hear about this, as well as people who are mass-breeding to get the new striped ones...

ugh...

Wow! I was inactive for a while, but I wanted to do something so I wouldn't lose my dragon names, then I looked at the news and this happened! My very first non-holiday dragon release! And they look so cool! biggrin.gif

On another subject, TJs new signature brought back good memories...and will give me nightmares at the same time. Ah, Giygas. Such a memorable boss.

another thing.......this is causing floods of people to visit the hatcheries to try and get the new ones that are already in there to grow faster! the hatchies and eggs i have in silvi's lair are getting twice as much veiws, and almost 3 times as much clicks!! watch your hatchlings and eggs......this could possibly get dangerous...

(and another thing for anyone interested: for who-knows-what-reason i found a couple of fuzzy eggs in the abandoned page)

EDIT: i just recently checked the stats on silvi's lair; THERES OVER 3,000 NEW ENTRIES!!!!! AND ALL OF THEM ARE NEW EGGS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Leonis

Such a bad migraine . . . but must stay up to see the adults! xd.png Not too much longer . . .

Are the new eggs common?

I am still unable to catch the velvety ones and grow desperate from hour to hour, because I tried everything.

That's very true, my last batch of eggs pretty much all came down with softshell. They recovered from it just fine, but all those unique views caused them to mature a full 10 hours earlier than I expected. I bet there are some people who put their eggs in those hatcheries straight away too...poor little eggs.

Edit; Not sure about the rarity, but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to snag one at some point down the line. Especially during this hour where things slow down a good bit. smile.gif

Edited by Tehya Faye

as i said earlier, i dont think anyone besides TJ knows how common the new eggs are, because they have been the only thing dropped for the past few days.

also...if you can spare the space, try to help clean out the abandoned page for us all. you might stumble upon a rare that someone abandoned in hopes of getting a new one!

as i said earlier, i dont think anyone besides TJ knows how common the new eggs are, because they have been the only thing dropped for the past few days.

Not true... Only for the first 24 hours have they were the only species dropped.. After that they started mixing in with other eggs causing them to seem "rarer" then they would be..

According to TJ they are still 25% of all the eggs dropped in the cave right now..

Edited by Brentakers

Not true... Only for the first 24 hours have they were the only species dropped.. After that they started mixing in with other eggs causing them to seem "rarer" then they would be..

According to TJ they are still 25% of all the eggs dropped in the cave right now..

really? hmm. neato, TJ.

Each of the two breeds still makes up over 25% of eggs being dropped.

I'm sure it seems like there's not that many of them, though, because no one wants to take anything else.

Here it is.. tongue.gif

I noticed that right after the black stripe was put on the news page that a bajillion blacks showed up in the AP from people trying to breed the black stripe...I would grab some in hopes of a 2nd gen but I have 5 eggs...maybe my two velvets and one of my two tails will hatch soon...

The fuzzballs and male two tail just hit the 4 day mark. Just an hour left. ^^

I'm so anxious to see what these little cuties are going to look like! wub.gif

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

come ooonn little hatchlings....i know all of them are sick (suprise, suprise...look at their views and clicks) but could they just pleeeease grow up a little faster? if mom or dad cathes me on the computer right now im dead.... sad.gif

Please, please!! start growing!!

My mum is going to back in some minutes and it's 3 am!!!

Only some minutes more.. 30 minutes... I will saw you with my ipod.. tongue.gif

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! the cave opened back up, and i have one egg slot left (i think) but my internet just isnt fast enough to catch them!!! AAAHHH!!! mad.gif

EDIT: NOO!!! i went back to the cave and it was blocked again! sad.gif

Edited by Leonis

groow up!

Dying to see the adult sprites!

Edited by DarkEternity

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! the cave opened back up, and i have one egg slot left (i think) but my internet just isnt fast enough to catch them!!! AAAHHH!!! mad.gif

You've got 3 egg slots open. smile.gif Shame about your internet though. D=

Edited by Tehya Faye

Just a little longer!

Bleh, still locked. Dun wanna get rid of any of my hatchies, though... I suppose 3 eggs from a new release on the day of the release is better than most of my past record, anyhow.

Looks like Arcanine! The Pillow looks like Arcanine!

Edited by DarkEternity