TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

why are there so many black eggs in the AP? o.0 ive noticed this for awhile... did a group decide to mass-breed their blacks or what?

Lol it's because so many people are trying to breed black stripes but failing.

Edit: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Stunningfire

they might have been caught +10 hours earlier that same day and then incubated by a red dragon, removing another day smile.gif

^ Exactly this.

I'm on GMT+1 and so caught them about 3a.m. cave time (which is a rather comfortable 9a.m. for me) on the 16th, incubated them - and there they are, one day "earlier" than they would be without the BSA.

And I guess that this is the miracle with all the new hatchlings you see around today, and they're not really any quicker to hatch.

Lol it's because so many people are trying to breed black stripes but failing.

Edit: ninja.gif 'd

And some folks must have gotten the wrong memo. I've seen quite a few Black x Black Marrows ... ohmy.gif

And some folks must have gotten the wrong memo. I've seen quite a few Black x Black Marrows ... ohmy.gif

Seriously? Lol. xd.png Black marrows x stripes produce the best result, from what I've heard~

It could be people mass breeding blacks to have more available to breed with stripes.

Dunno. :3

^ Exactly this.

I'm on GMT+1 and so caught them about 3a.m. cave time (which is  a rather comfortable 9a.m. for me) on the 16th, incubated them - and there they are, one day "earlier" than they would be without the BSA.

And I guess that this is the miracle with all the new hatchlings you see around today, and they're not really any quicker to hatch.

I was really hoping that shorter hatching times was the "more than meets the eye" of which TJ spoke. After all, the new black stripes are visible and therefore "meet the eye." I know, too many convolutions of the little grey cells! Maybe the new dragons will have BSAs.

A BSA for the one that seems cat-like could be SNUB. "You try to attract the dragon's attention but it sits motionless, staring at you with large sapphire eyes, then wraps its tail tightly around its body, lifts its muzzle and looks away."

Edited by Meyer

Seriously? Lol. xd.png Black marrows x stripes produce the best result, from what I've heard~

Yeah, from my experience, stripe+marrow is better. I got three black stripes out of that, and none from my black+stripe pairings.

Yeah, from my experience, stripe+marrow is better. I got three black stripes out of that, and none from my black+stripe pairings.

its because marrows can't produce marrow eggs this time of year so theres a greater chance for a black striped

whereas with blacks theres an equal chance of failure

I got two with stripe x marrow and didn't even try with my blacks. I did try with embers and nebulas and got a black stripe with a nebula x green stripe. I think I'll mainly use marrows and nebulas to try to get black stripes.

I got two with stripe x marrow and didn't even try with my blacks. I did try with embers and nebulas and got a black stripe with a nebula x green stripe. I think I'll mainly use marrows and nebulas to try to get black stripes.

i tried the nebula and green striped but they couldn't go near each other

Huh. So the black stripe wasn't a joke. *just checked first post*

That would explain all the black eggs in the abandoned page. xd.png

Plus that fun fact an alt might hatch among all those black eggs. wink.gif

Anywho, I was able to get one of each of the two new eggs and a pair of black stripe eggs. I guess any stripe will work as long it gets bred with a black or close to black mate.

I also got a CB red out of the haul. I felt somewhat disappointed at first but instantly got happy about it as this little guy will be able to help with making part of my lineage project go further.

Edited by Kamoodle

I was happy to get one of each plus a black stripe from a white stripe x marrow pairing. Hoping to get one more from them for my black stripe pair!

the first time i saw a black striped was in AP and i killed myself for not getting it but it was prolly being traded

I was really hoping that shorter hatching times was the "more than meets the eye" of which TJ spoke. After all, the new black stripes are visible and therefore "meet the eye." I know, too many convolutions of the little grey cells! Maybe the new dragons will have BSAs.

A BSA for the one that seems cat-like could be SNUB. "You try to attract the dragon's attention but it sits motionless, staring at you with large sapphire eyes, then wraps its tail tightly around its body, lifts its muzzle and looks away."

TJ didn't have the Black Stripeds on the first post for nearly 24 hours after the release. He waited until people started breeding them/posting about them. So, at the initial time of the post, there was more to the release than met the eye.

TJ didn't have the Black Stripeds on the first post for nearly 24 hours after the release. He waited until people started breeding them/posting about them. So, at the initial time of the post, there was more to the release than met the eye.

ViCats - several people have been asking if you can link the post with all the colour variants you did... Can you ? Pretty VERY pretty please ? The stripes are lovely. biggrin.gif

I managed to get all new eggys! Yay!

Vicats, I'd love to see all the stripe variants!

I don't even know that I still have the original colour chart anymore... I can dig through my photobucket, if you like, though? The black striped is probably the last varient coming, though. (If nothing else, I should be able to find a copy of the recolours I attempted for the shiny thread.)

I don't even know that I still have the original colour chart anymore... I can dig through my photobucket, if you like, though? The black striped is probably the last varient coming, though. (If nothing else, I should be able to find a copy of the recolours I attempted for the shiny thread.)

"... The black striped is probably the last varient coming, though. ..."

Oh, say it ain't so!

All the lovely others you'd designed!

Wasted?

I so hope that we'll get more Stripe colours one day, especially the PurpleStripe so many others have mentioned on this very thread...

Well durn! Had to wait til after the 2:00 to AP that stupid Seasonal, and at the 3:00 there weren't a lot of the new eggs in the drop so I missed on getting my second Twin-tail. Argh. Four o'clock, got my eye on you!!

ETA: I also want the purple Stripe!! That'd be awesome!

Edited by oddsoxdi