TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

I can't wait for the explosion of cuteness once the velvety hatchlings mature biggrin.gif

I remember checking the main cave one morning had noticed over two hundred online with no caveborn eggs to be found. Which could only mean one thing. New eggs! And I was right. Only later when I arrived home after work caught two of each one that I may influence their gender. Surprise I saw what look like a black version of the stripes. Sneaky! Very Sneaky! Heheh...Nice addition though.

I can't wait till they mature to see what they all look like (yea, I know the black is going to be like the other stripes, but still its beautiful)

Haha, I've seen the fluffies on the completed list, they're not siamese in any way, don't fret. smile.gif

And I wonder what he means by theres more to the release than meets the eye? Maybe it was the addition of the blacks.

Actually I think I'd heard that somewhere myself O.o

Hmm...

Could it have been that there was a rule before that dragons couldn't be based on real life things? Or maybe just an opinion that started floating around?

Could be anything. happy.gif

We used to try and limit basing them on real life animals, that's true. So often people would come up with something like 'dog dragon', and we'd end up with a winged dog with horns- not a dragon with dog-like characteristics.

Now we're given more freedom, and we've got all sorts of animal based dragons. I know we have at least two Peacock-based dragons in the work.

In about 30 minutes, I'll have fuzzball babies! smile.gif I can't wait! I had to fog my thin shell in the hopes of snagging more of these beauties! I'm so happy with this release! Been waiting for these fuzzies forever! <3

If you've been seeing the AP the last two weeks, then you know that black is back. tongue.gif

I'd like to see stripes drop more, though, now that we can make black-stripe babies.

What I meant was that the black stripes are going to (probably) surpass them in popularity.

Huh.  Wonder where I got the idea about not having dragons based on real-life things.  And more likely than not, my view of the dragonlets is skewed by the fact that the thing keeping me awake is a Siamese cat (yes, Five, you're very cute, now let me sleep you whiny brat).  Just can't wait to see what these things look like when they grow up!

As CD said, most animal-based dragons ended up being 'x with wings', or 'x with claws'... I think the only dragons visibly based/named after real animals are the Horse and Flamingos.

But a lot of the more recent ones are done very well, so hopefully we'll see more like them in the future.

Edited by Dr. Paine

It's great to see a release of a dragon i followed it's progress in dragonrequest.

When i see those fluffy things i just want to cuddle them. I can imagine again what they look like.

but i am waiting to see the adult of the twotailed hatchies.

Now that you mention it...they do look a little "Siamese-y." ^__^

All my four new eggs hatched - and somehow, with seeing the fluffy maturing version in the anouncement, I wasn't thinking of cats, but of sheep. xd.png Shropshire sheep or Heidschnucke sheep, to be exact... If it's something feline, not "ovine", one of mine'll need a new name.

With timing the hatching right, I even was able to snatch some short-lineaged Blacks. I love how people throw them away at the moment, as some kind of failure by-product of Black Stripe Creation. wub.gif

Edited by Tiuvelin

ha ha I named one of my fuzzies 'Wolf in Sheeps Clothing'. lol Waiting for the top of the hour to try and snag another egg, then it's time to unfog my thin! I'm so happy to see my fuzz babies! smile.gif

The gendered hatchies seems to me playful and cuddly kittens too! wub.gif

Mogs? What're mogs?

*is curious*

Went to look it up, and it said it was another way of saying "puddytat" (the forum won't let me spell it properly, so I'll try Tweety-spelling).

Evil Google tricked me yet again.

Edited by Tiuvelin

Haha, I've seen the fluffies on the completed list, they're not siamese in any way, don't fret. smile.gif

Aw, that makes me sad. Still, I'll probably end up naming them after my show-babies. Fearless Mambo Number Five and Ice Cream Teenage Dream sound like entertaining names.

Mogs are a character in Final Fantasy series wink.gif

Bad Google, bad! Couldn't even figure out the word "mog" right.

Now knowing what a mog is, there is a point to the comparison - although I'll stick with sheep until the adults disprove me wink.gif

Yay! I can't wait to see the mature dragons!

And I managed to breed a black striped! smile.gif

Bad Google, bad! Couldn't even figure out the word "mog" right.

*puts on UK hat* Actually, "moggy" or "mog" are both British slang for "kitty". So Google didn't exactly fail you... it just wasn't thinking about video games.

If you type moogle into Google you'd get them. I've never actually heard them called mogs before.

If you type moogle into Google you'd get them. I've never actually heard them called mogs before.

There are very different names to call them, dued to different translations. In my country they are called "Moguri" wink.gif

*puts on UK hat*  Actually, "moggy" or "mog" are both British slang for "kitty".  So Google didn't exactly fail you... it just wasn't thinking about video games.

Fantastic - so "my" Google actually tries to stay European, maybe. laugh.gif

P.S.: Love the hat wink.gif

... and can wait even less patiently to see if it's mogs, moogles or sheep now.

Edited by Tiuvelin

Talking about the release itself, it's being a stress for me. I was scroll-locked all the release day and just got only one for each: also, I'll be unlocked in 13 hours (and I'll be at bed at that time sad.gif ) and when I'll wake up I must take a CB Winter, I need only a male now and unfortunately the last I got had the wretched idea to gender female despite influencing mad.gif

This means no other new release eggs for some days, and when I'll close with Winter (I really hope so) the ratio will be so low because all the eggs was taken in these three days.

So, the big drops stopped? sad.gif I need to get my Velvet TODAY. I had to take a white with all Sweetlings and all Snow Angels in its lineage, or else someone else would have gotten it, and I need it for a lineage. 'll just have to be lucky... *Sighs*