Sandface

What kind of computer do you have?

I searched and nothing like this or related to this came up.

So, as the title says, what kind of computer do you have, or use? I have a Toshiba Satellite® L645D. There are many colors, but mine is purple, and looks like this.

There are many popular brands of computers, such as, Dell, Acer, Toshiba, Sony, Windows, Intel, HP, Gateway, , ect. Mine of choice would be Toshiba, Acer, or Sony, because I think they're the fasetest. But I have comcast, so that might be the center of my fast internet source. I've had multiple computers in the past, including Dell, Acer, Sony, and Windows, and the Dell eventually crashed, not because of me, and it was only 2 years old.

Share your experiences with your past/present/future computers, and tell us what your opinions of your favorite/least favorite computer brands are.

Edited by Sandface

I have a Hewlett-Packard Pavilion Entertainment laptop.

BTW, Vista is an OS (operating system), not a brand of computer.

I currently have a Dell before it I had a Gateway that lasted for 10 years (and still works but I don't use it for the internet).

mine is an Acer laptop, we've been having it for a year and a half. It satisfies me all right smile.gif

I use Dell. Only Dell.

My laptop lasted for a bit longer than a year, and I just got this piece of crap.

I have a Asus EeePC running with Windows 7 Ultimate.

I love it so much! It's my first computer that's all my own. smile.gif

I own a Hewlett Packard Home Vista laptop. I also share a MacBook air (the smaller version) between my mother. It is very convienent, and it opens up in ten seconds 0: useful when I don't have the time for my larger laptop.

My computer is a Hewlett Packard Pavilion Elite m9080a Desktop PC. I've had it for close to five years now, during that time its been reformatted a few times and had to have the ram and graphics card replaced. I don't think its gone a day without being left off (apart from the obvious storms and stuff), I'm surprised it hasn't had any serious problems such as motherboard failure. Other than that, it is best computer I've ever used. I've got Vista Ultimate as its operating system, does its job and I don't really have any complaints about it. Other than the vista aero feature messing up a lot, that is.

I'm a Dell person. Been using Dells for many years. Right now my current computer is a Dell Inspiron M5010 Laptop.

I don't know why I am so addicted to Dells, since they don't last very long at all. But at least their customer service is great. My laptop's hard drive died after only about 3 months of owning it, through no fault of my own. But I contacted them and it was fixed in about a week and haven't had any problems since *crosses fingers*.

Had an HP laptop for a bit, but it died right after the warranty expired. dry.gif

I guess I just like Dells because I am so used to them and because they are so fast. My sister has an Acer and it just runs like crap. I can't stand it.

I've heard so many great things about Macs and have always wanted to get one but I just don't think I can make the switch. tongue.gif

I've a HP. I like it quite much and it's not too bad either. And I don't even remember what computer I had before it, the only things I remember is that my old computer was about six or seven years old when my mom gave it to me and that it didn't work all too well.

And in school I use iMacs, I like them really much and I really need to buy a MacBook Pro or maybe a iMac (I don't know if I want the newest versions of iMac, the screens are too large in my eyes, if I choose a iMac then it must be the same version as the ones we have in my school) when I've finnished school. And to be honest, I've never liked a computer as much as I like Macs, somehow I think they're easier to understand.

I have a Dell XPS L501x; I bought it just last November. Had an old IBM Thinkpad before that but I got tired of not being able to play any games on it. rolleyes.gif

Wow, you guys have some cool computers!

I just got mine before Christmas '10, because my old one broke..the screen cracked..and so my parents bought me this new one.

The screen broke cause my dad shut it to hard..and it was fragile. My last computer was an Acer.

I've heard so many great things about Macs and have always wanted to get one but I just don't think I can make the switch. tongue.gif

They're built specifically for graphic designers and those who don't know how to use all the functions of a typical Windows system. Windows are a lot easier to mess up if you don't know what you're doing, but they have a lot more potential as well.

Desktop: I build it myself, so it's a brandless computer. I'm in the process of upgrading it right now.

Laptop: Compaq

Netbook: Asus

I don't have a favorite brand, I go by specs.

Edited by Syaoransbear

I wish my parents would let me build my own. I have $1300 saved up. I want to build a computer from scratch. (well not scratch, but at least from other various parts of superior computers to make one really good one.)

I had the opportunity through a local community class a few years ago, but at that point I really was too young for it and my parents wouldn't let me go anyway.

Mine is just an Acer and I have a Laptop not very spectacular ones but they work that's all I need biggrin.gif

I build my own wink.gif

Current machine is in a LanCool DragonLord series case, with a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard, an Intel core i7-920 processor, 6gb of RAM and an XFX GeForce GTX 260 graphics card. I also have two harddrives, both Western Digital, a 150gb boot drive and a 500gb storage & games drive.

Plus Dell? *shudders* Nightmares to try and fix. Takes hours longer than it should do because Dell make their own componants and add all sorts of pointless bits onto them.

Edited to add: OS is Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.

Edited by TikindiDragon

Isn't the 460 a lot more powerful than the 260? What are you playing that you needed that kind of balance between your graphics and processing? I've got an Athlon II x3 445 and a GTX 460 768mb, which lets me run pretty much everything maxed, except where DX10/11 are required, since I'm on XP.

But like Tiki, I built my own. Very proud of it too. 1 TB drive, 4 gigs of ram, and an ASRock mobo. Don't remember the exact number though.

Right now my current computer is a Dell Inspiron M5010 Laptop.

biggrin.gif I have the same one! AMD FTW! No need for L3 cache and virtual cores. ; )

Current machine is in a LanCool DragonLord series case, with a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard, an Intel core i7-920 processor, 6gb of RAM and an XFX GeForce GTX 260 graphics card. I also have two harddrives, both Western Digital, a 150gb boot drive and a 500gb storage & games drive.

What a shame. All that but no solid state disk?

Isn't the 460 a lot more powerful than the 260? What are you playing that you needed that kind of balance between your graphics and processing? I've got an Athlon II x3 445 and a GTX 460 768mb, which lets me run pretty much everything maxed, except where DX10/11 are required, since I'm on XP.

Not really. It's about 700 GFLOPs vs. 900 GFLOPs. There's also a little difference in TDP. About 180 W vs. 150 W. I don't know how much shader cores/size they have, so I don't know how they'd be for overclocking.

Scratch that.

Apparently it wasn't a good comparison to compare GFLOPS. It's got quite a lead on the 260.

Nevermind, it was with AA. lol

Btw, War, why didn't you get the 1GB version? That's the sweet spot.

Edited by Alpha1

Current:

i7 quad Windows 7 HP pavillion with 8GB DDR3 RAM :3

It is, yes. Thing is mine isn't the only PC in the house. My other half's PC has an identical graphics card in it, but requires upgrading pretty soon. So in the next couple of months there's going to end up being two of those 260 graphics cards in my PC biggrin.gif

We build PCs to last in this house. My previous one ran four years worth of top of the line games with only minimal upgrades. I've had this one for about a year, I'm expecting it to be at least another two before I really need to invest in it again.

What a shame. All that but no solid state disk?

Actualy there's also one of those in said other half's PC. We've not found it to be much better than the Western Digital Raptors we've usualy been using, and they're a lot more expensive (or, at least, were at lot more expensive last time I rebuilt). So it seemed a little pointless to me. Better things to spend my money on. Besides, I benchmark quite well for disk transfer speed, so I'm not that worried about it smile.gif

i7 quad Windows 7 HP pavillion with 8GB DDR3 RAM

Incidently, and rather amusingly, unless you've got a 64bit operating system running windows will only be using 4gb of that. That's the limit on the 32bit operating systems - doesn't matter how much you have installed in the PC, 4gb is all it will use.