shrimpee13

Defying The Ordinance

"Hmm..." Lucifer thought for a secound, nibbling her bottom lip again. She didn't enjoy meeting other shifters very much. Her mind automatically shifted to Felix and turned her head slightly. He was still standing there, leaning against that wall. Her lip curled into a slight pout and she narrowed her eyes in distaste. No, she definitely didn't like meeting other shifters. Still... She was a bit confused now by how fast her mind jumped to him. Shaking her head in disgust, she pushed that thought aside. Those kinds of musings were best saved for when she was alone.

"Hunting sounds fun." Her lips curled back up into a devilish grin. "Where at? I think this area is mostly cleaned out. Especially with all the shifters here." Lucifer slid her finger along the edge of her scimitar absentmindly, considering the options yet again. Then she gestured sharply towards Kate with the knife. "She coming too?"

"Hunting sounds good to me," Felix replied before shifting into his lion form. "I could lure some here, if you like. A lion's roar is pretty loud, after all." Felix shook his head, his auburn mane swishing. Turning his blue eyes to Lucifer, he thought for a split second why he had. It was probably just a precaution because she had threatened to hurt him before. His eyes flickered to the other girl. A hunt would be nice. Flexing his claws, he thought about tearing into an Ordinance member. Most humans couldn't deal with a lion, so Felix felt most safe in this form. What were these other shifters' forms?

Lucifer shook her head, letting the silky strands billow in the wind. "Nah. Try something more... Subtle." She tried not to laugh as she spoke; she was definitely not a subtle person. But still, even she realized how silly that was. She didn't like attracting attention, although she was like a magnet when it came to that. Anybody who saw her wouldn't forget her. Strangely as she considered this, her thoughts drifted towards the lion shifter. Would he forget? Even more puzzled now, she turned back to thinking of ideas. Nothing.

"Why dun't we just stake-out an area and select some people?" Lucifer huffed slightly, and sliding her weapons away, crossed her arms. After a moment of consideration, she shifted into a longhaired panther. The weapons were still strapped on, thigh barely noticable as they were hidden underneath the thick, shaggy fur. Shaking her head, she sat down on the hardpacked ground and flicked her tongue over her fangs, feeling the sharp edges. Though she loved her weapons, as they were almost like a part of her, she also enjoyed the raw power available in this form.

Felix repressed the urge to lightly purr as he saw Lucifer's other form. He shook his head. It must be his animal instinct. That makes perfect sense, after all his animal from often made him do odd things... Looking over at her with his blue eyes, eyes that definitely wouldn't belong to a lion, he flicked his tail.

"Panther, eh? Nice. Do you mean select... innocents? I don't prey on those, sorry."

"Thnx." Lucifer resisted the sudden urge to smile. Weird. Very weird actually. She clicked her teeth together to hide the fact that her whiskers were twitching. "Eh I dun't care. 'Innocents' or Ordinance, wutever. But if your gonna be that fussy I guess we're not then." She grumbled, shaking her head. The shifter look up at him, her eyes gleaming slightly from underneath the thick tuft of fur hanging over them. They were exactly like her human eyes, which always had a strange feral light to them. Which, though normal in this form, quite unnerved some people in the other. She got to her paws smoothly, almost unnaturally so. She spent most of her time as a panther actually, and over time this had begun to feel even more natural than being a human. She still wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.

"So where should we go then? Cause this area's got mostly shifters." Suddenly, her eyes were drawn to a movement by the bushes. Lucifer dropped into an instinctive crouch and pressed into the shadows, almost gliding silently over the ground. Letting her animal nature take over, she sprang up quickly and launched herself at a small form in the grass. A sudden squeal emitted before being cut off. She slunk back over, grinning triumphantly. A hare dangled from her bloody jaws, still twitching slightly. Dropping it, she peeled off the skin and started to chew on a hind leg.

Felix knew a rabbit, however large, wouldn't feed a lion He needed something more like deer, or human if need be. He supposed he'd go hunting later. That gave him an idea. "Hey, we could hunt game. I need to eat, anywho and a rabbit ain't gonna feed me. How about something like a deer?" he suggested, his ears flicking forward. His stomach growled. He hadn't eaten in awhile. Yawning, revealing gaping jaws that held strong teeth, he flicked his tail towards the dense woods.

Lucifer shrugged, and finished her mouthful of rabbit flesh before replying, "I guess. I like the taste of hares better but they're kinda small." She quickly polished off the remaining scraps of meat and swiped her tongue over her jaws. "Humans sound good. They're more fun to hunt but dun't taste very good. Too tough and stringy. And the clothes are just plain annoying." As she thought about that, she was suddenly very happy that cats don't blush.

"But I guess if your hungry, I could go for a nice tender fawn. That's almost as good at rabbit." Lucifer shook out her fur, sending droplets of blood everywhere. There was still some on her chin and paws but she ignored that, knowing how useless it was to clean up when she would be hunting again

((Nothing has really happened. Kate is standiing there in wolf form, Lucifer, Sofia and Felix are talking about a hunting trip. Felix and Lucifer have a crush on each other and they are hungrey and Sofia is getting annoyeed because they're taking too long to eat.))

((I'll get one put up as soon as you guys come back and post more in here tongue.gif))

Sofia pouted even more as no one moved. She flashed out a foot and kicked a tree, making a bunch of nuts fall off. Transforming, she quickly caught scent of a mouse's nest. Following it, she found the baby mice curled up under a tree root. Sofia waited for the mother and then pounced on all of them. Carrying them back, she dropped them and ate them quickly as if to show them how. "Quick Quick!!!!!" She whined. "I'm going to be bored while you lovebirds eat." Then she shut up quick after realizing what she said. "You know I can't really catch a deer because both of you are so much bigger than me and foxes don't usually go after deer you know and so if you want a deer then can we please just finished you snack and go hunt?" She glossed over.

"Lovebirds? Psh. Nah, no way," Felix replied, rolling his eyes. "A fawn would be nice. I could go for one of those. C'mon, let's hunt. And just because you're small doesn't mean you can't bring down a deer. If you can bring down a human you can bring down a deer. use your size to an advantage," he murmured, flicking his tail. He started off into the woods, his nostril flared to take in any scent of prey. Tossing his mane out of his eyes, he thought he could smell something, a buck by the scent of musk to it.

She snorted with laughter and tossed her head disdainfully. She couldn't imagine anything crazier. Flicking her tongue lightly over her fangs, Lucifer padded slowly into the woods, her eyes watching the skys warily. Something felt wrong... Definitely wrong. A sudden gust of wind blew her shaggy fur everywhere, unnaturally strong for this area. Leaping up into a tree, she flattened herself into the shadows. Just then, beams of light spotted the clearing, followed by loud clacking noises.

Hissing softly, she watched with narrowed eyes as a bunch of people jumped down from the trees, holding weapons and lights.

Kate followed the panther into the woods, conscious of how loud her pawsteps were compared to the silent cat's. A sudden gust of wind split through the air, blowing Kat's fur in all directions. Her muscles tensed as she saw the approaching humans. She got ready to run, but waited to see what the others would do. Running might attract attention, but it looked like the humans had already seen them. She wished she could climb trees as easily as the cat, but it was hard for her to climb when she was in wolf form. If she could just find a tree with branches low enough for her to leap onto, she would be fine. Her eyes scanned the area, searching for a good tree. She spotted one that was perfect for climbing. Hopefully the humans wouldn't see her... "We better go," she whispered under her breath, barely loud enough to hear before leaping onto the tree. She disappeared into the dark branches.

((bump user posted image; I'll get a post in here maybe later this week))

((I'm back sleep.gif School is why I haven't been on.))

Sofia jumped as a flash of light pierced through the trees. She turned into a human again and "James Bond rolled" into a bush. "Quick hide" She yelled in telepathy to all the others. She studied the attackers. She figured there were about maybe fifteen? Twenty? More could be on the way. Hissing under her breath, she tried to move without jarring the bush too much.

((so sorry that i haven't posted in here for a while but I'm getting a post up now and i hope that shrimp comes back soon))

Annie continued to walk in the woods, having a few more encounters with members from the Ordinance but not face-to-face. Well not exactly. It was only after she jumped down from the tree that she was in that she would be face-to-face with them but after that, they would be dead so it didn't matter. They just wouldn't be able to tell their other buddies that they had seen her. After they were dead, she calmly cleaned off her daggers before putting them back in their sheathes and before she continued to walk along.

((*tries to perform CPR on dead RP*))

Lucifer bristled, eyes widening as she took in the scene. Ordinance members flooded into the clearing, as she watched. They were looking for something. Them... She realized, backing further into the shadows. Her tail accidentally brushed against a dried leaf, the usually unnoticeable rustle sounding like a gunshot in the dead silence. The panther cringed, and hoped that they would think it was just a mouse or something. But no luck.

They quickly headed in her direction, checking every nook and cranny. Almost as if they knew exactly what they were looking for... But how could they? Unless... They must have an insider... Lucifer could barely hold back her rage. TRAITORS She screamed in her mind, furious. How could they betray their own kind? HOW? Suddenly, one of the Ordinance spotted her. The rest, as if by some invisible signal, all started rushing at the same time. She hissed, and sprang out, lethal claws extended. Barreling into one of them, she tackled him to the ground, gouging at his face with violent jaws.