shrimpee13

Defying The Ordinance

Defying The Ordinance

Story

The alley is dark, secluded, and uninhabited. The sound of quick footsteps echo as if someone is frantically running from some unspeakable horror. The sound of heavier footsteps follow the quick and staggered ones. There is definitely a chase of some sort occurring. A fairly large man in a hood and trench-coat is after a smaller women who is running despite her stifled screams and heavy breath. They reached a corner and the man stopped staring at the young woman. "We don't like your kind around here," he said as he raised a ranged weapon and aimed it at her.

"You..." she started, "you can't kill all of us."

The young women started to whimper as she awaited her fate. The man grinned, "You will die in the name of The Ordinance," he said, "We will exterminate all shifters."

Plot

In a land known to all as Clow, shape-shifters are living among the humans. They know this and do not mind them being there but a group known as The Ordinance do not like their existence at all and despise them. They want to rid Clow of them but the government won't let them. Now there will be a war against the shifters and the people on their side against The Ordinance. Will they survive the war or will they all be killed in it and be extinct?

The weaponry that they have is the primitive type of bows and arrows and swords. They don't have any sort of vehicle like tanks or hummers; the people there, both humans and shifters alike, just get from one destination to the next by walking or running.

You are either a shifter, a regular human on the shifter's side, or a human on The Ordinance's side. There will be a war soon against the shifters and the group known as The Ordinance. The Ordinance are made up of purely humans that dislike the shifters. In the end, will the shifters be victorious or will The Ordinance?

Shape-shifters -

The shifters only have one form and it is an animal of their choice. They get this ability to shift from either being born from shifter parents, which would mean that they're pure blooded shifters, or they got bitten by an animal; that animal is usually another shifter, whether it be a rogue or a rabid one. They have a venom in their teeth that changes other people when they bite them, it can also kill the person that's meant to be changed. Shifters have a mark on their arms or any other part of their body that they were born with and each of them look different. If they were born to be a shifter, their parents teach them how to control their animal counter-part but if they were bitten, they either get taught by the person that bit them or they learn how to control it themselves. When shifters are in animal form, they can communicate telepathically to the other shifters in their group, they can speak as well but it's easier to talk mind to mind.

The Ordinance -

The Ordinance, founded by Balthazar Blake, was created in order to get rid of the shifters. It was started about a century ago when the shifters first started to populate Clow but their hate for them didn't start until there was a whole lot more of them, it was because of this "invasion" that The Ordinance began to despise the shifters. At first, they just wanted to diminish their numbers but then they saw that they were getting to be quite a handful for the other members...a few shifters have been encountered by a member of The Ordinance and have either been killed or have disappeared to presumably be dead. The government doesn't want the group to do that because they don't want a civil war on their hands and they would like to maintain the peace if necessary.

Clow -

This land has plenty of water and forests so that the people, both humans and shifters, that live there can survive. There are also a lot of cities and towns, most of them occupied by the group known as The Ordinance. Some of these group members live in the other towns that are occupied mainly by non-group members and shifters, trying to get the former to join them in order to wipe out the shifter population. On the water, there are docks where a few boats are located so that the fishermen and sailors can go out to fish or just enjoy the sea-breeze of the Sea of Leigh which holds an abundance of fish. The city of Costian is both the trade and entertainment hub of the land of Clow. The Grimhold Mountain Range is a place of much death and is almost impossible to get through except for the Safto Pass that cuts through the smallest part of the mountain range to the south. There are also a few craters caused by meteors, they are unnamed for most Clowians find the craters to be a sign of evil.

Rules

1) No God-modding, power-playing, etc.

2) What me and DP say goes; don't argue with us.

3) you're welcome to pm me and DP the forms for this rp but you can also post them here until we get an OOC thread up.

4) You can have as many chars as you want but you need to keep up with them.

5) No killing off chars unless the owner of a char says that it's fine.

6) Keep machine-gunning (when only two people post with each other back and forth) to a minimum please; that way, the other people of an rp don't get lost and don't know what's happening which will cause them to leave if they can't keep up with it.

Forms

Shifter's Form

Forum name:
Name:
Human appearance:
Personality:
History: (optional)
Other:

Human's Form

Forum name:
Name:
Personality:
History: (optional)
Side: (shifters or The Ordinance)
Other:

Edited by shrimpee13

Accepted Characters:

Forum name: DP

Name: Annie

Animal appearance: white wolf

Human appearance: Annie

Personality: shy, kind, sweet,

Other: her tattoo goes from her left shoulder to the middle area of her back and it looks like a half moon; she also has daggers hidden in wrist and boot sheathes that she can easily get to if she needed to.

Forum name: shrimpee13

Name: Tobin Inate

Animal appearance:Cheetah

Human appearance:Tobin

Personality: Tobin is outgoing but afraid of commitment. She will share her thoughts and often not realize she is thinking out loud even if it is something embarrassing or insulting. Sometimes she will go off on a tangent if she is ranting or in an involved conversation.

Tobin enjoys others' company and dreads being alone, it's as if it were her worst fear. She is not a good listener and will be distracted easily by almost anything if she isn't quickly engaged in a conversation.

History: Unknown

Other:None

Forum name: Darkshadow

Name: Vance Freedman

Animal appearance:https://i.imgur.com/elVZT.jpg

Human appearance: https://i.imgur.com/WZlSG.jpg

Personality: Vance is quick to anger, but even more quick to forgive people for their mistakes and other things. She's quite stubborn about her beliefs, and will defend them with everything she can muster. Vance knows she's wanted, and she will take any chance she can get to kill one of the Ordinance.

Other: She has a small white scar, about two inches long and a centimeter wide, right on the lower eyelid of her left eye, where it extends to the cheekbone. She also has three rings made up of spots around her right wrist.

Forum name: Chiaki

Name: Robin

Animal appearance: Weasel- weasels are small only about 20cm

but they can take down animals many times their own size.

Human appearance: Here except without the pointy ears. Her shifters birthmark is in the shape of the moon and is on the ball of her left foot.

Personality:[/b] Robin, like the animal she shifts into is resilient and incredibly ferocious. She uses both her human good looks and her animals small size and speed to avoid detection from the Ordinance and to hunt them.

History:[/b] Robin was born a shifter, her mother who shifts into an otter and her father who shifts into a large tom cat have taught her her whole life that when it comes to the Ordinance its either kill or be killed. She now works together with her parents and a small band of shifters to protect their race by eliminating Ordinance members.

Name: Ezra Lefevre

Animal appearance: Striped Hyena (http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh91/ms...enapainting.jpg)

Human appearance: http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh91/ms...eqdoqo1_400.jpg

Personality: Ezra is very introverted, but careless in the things she does. She is cold and calculating, and believes that she is incapable of any other emotion besides anger and apathy. Such as her form, the hyena, she is ruthless and often makes appearances where a shifter was recently killed. Not to scavenge, but simply to observe the Ordinance's methods. She is very narcissistic, and proud, though it doesn't show.

History: (optional) Ezra grew up in a small family, and was often sick. Her parents sent her to an orphanage when she was five years old, and as the years went by, she became too old for anyone to want to adopt her. When she turned 15, she escaped the orphanage and lived on the streets since.

Other: Her arms and back are covered in tattoos.

Forum Name: Kigyptnee

Character Name: Zane

Human Appearance: About 5'6”, medium build. Approx. mid-shoulder blade length blond hair pulled back, brown eyes. Dark framed glasses, black cargoes, sneakers, t-shirt, black trench-coat, and a medium brim black Fedora (hat).

Animal Appearance: Same as human appearance

Side: Shifters

Personality (some): Cocky, brazen, a bit facetious, likes to exaggerate and befuddle, protective...

Other: Vegetarian. Insists that he is a shifter... Tattoo located at the nape of the neck- Tattoo (Footprint)

Forum name: Rainbow_Joy

Name: Sofia

Animal appearance: a fox http://biomesfirst10.wikispaces.com/file/v...assland_fox.jpg

Human appearance: http://api.ning.com/files/fcrPfEsGCJvgBgk5...Anime20Girl.jpg Her marking is a twisting vine that circles around her right wrist and up her forearm, stopping around the middle of her arm.

Personality: Like a fox, Sofia is sly, cunning, and quick. She faster and stronger than she looks and can solve usually the most complex of problems. She also uses her charm and appearance to her advantage. The ordinance dislikes her because she has escaped several times and when she hunts down a member of the ordinance, she makes sure they have their own way of dying. Some would say her mind is twisted but she thinks of it as "creative."

History: Her parents were shifters who were tortured to death when she was twelve. This is why she finds special ways for her victims to die. She was taught how to take care of herself and how to use and control her animal form at a young age.

Other: Sofia's first ordinance kill was an amateur human member when she was twelve, right after the death of her parents.

Can I join?

Forum name:Zoroark77

Name:Kate

Animal appearance:A pure black wolf.

Human appearance:Plain, brown hair, blue eyes. Skinny, but she has strong muscles.

Personality:Like a wolf: cunning, and likes to do things with others. She distrusts any human she meets, but if he/she is friendly and is on the shifters side, she will accept him/her.

History:She was bitten by a mad shifter that turned into a hawk. She was going to join the shifters anyway, so she is glad that she was bitten.

Other:Her mark is a black howling wolf on her arm.

Forum name: Packgoater

Name: Felix

Animal appearance: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bigcat/animals/images/lions/lion2.jpg

Human appearance: http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/48...50-1024-768.jpg

Personality: Felix is a proud guy, putting his reputation often before all else. He doesn't like to kill and can be rather self-centered. He is good-looking and knows it, though tries to be the 'good guy'. He might like to find someone to date, but that would put in a deep seriousness to his life and he likes being the life of the party.

History: (optional) Felix's parents were highly abusive and he was taken out of their custody. He remembers very few snippets of them, just little things like the smell of alcohol suffocating the rooms in the house. He ran away from the people he had to live with when he was thirteen, ran through small towns and such until he had come across a small forest, taking refuge there. He lived there for a few years with limited supplies and a basic structure he had constructed. He was shortly bitten by a wolf that went by the name of Jerald. Jerald showed Felix how to survive on his own and how to control his animal self until his death. Felix buried the body deep in the wood and left there not long after. He wandered 'till he found a city, happy to see other faces that were not dead. Felix was grateful of the people and careful not to wear any short-sleeves, often disappearing into the woods. He's been in these woods for a little while, often coming back onto the streets of the city for long periods of time. He's careful not to let anyone see his mark, for if they saw that, he dreaded to think of what would happen.

Other: His eyes are actually blue (in human and animal form), not purple. His 'mark' is a tribal-looking sun on his shoulder. http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS...9dxivR6XEmaspP0

Edited by Dragonpelt

Hey there, Shrimpee and Dragonpelt~ I'm Devious_Bookworm! I'm currently attempting to become an official roleplay approver.

This roleplay looks really good, but I noticed some tense issues in the introduction. You switch between present and past tense in a few places. Also, where is this taking place? What is the land of Clow specifically like? The only thing I know of the world or the setting is that it takes place in a land called Clow where there are creatures called Shifters and that there is some animosity between them and regular humans.

Can I have some more details on Shifters? I know they are shape-shifters, but there are many variations of people who can take on multiple forms. Are they limited to one form? How and when do they go about acquiring it? Is it based on science or magic? Things like that. :3

If you have any questions about anything I suggested, please feel free to ask, whether in this thread or through a PM. ^.^

Edited by Devious_Bookworm

oh sorry about the lack of detail on Clow and on the shifters as well user posted image; here's some info on both:

Shape-shifters -

The shifters only have one form and it is an animal of their choice. They get this ability to shift from either being born from shifter parents, which would mean that they're pure blooded shifters, or they got bitten by an animal; that animal is usually another shifter, whether it be a rogue or a rabid one, and they have this kind of venom in their teeth that can change other people when they bite them and it can also kill the person that's meant to be changed. If they were born to be a shifter, their parents teach them how to control their animal counter-part but if they were bitten, they either get taught by the person that bit them or they learn how to control it themselves.

Clow -

This land has plenty of water and forests so that the people, both humans and shifters, that live there can survive. There are also a lot of cities and towns, most of them occupied by the group known as The Ordinance. Some of these group members live in the other towns that are occupied mainly by non-group members and shifters, trying to get the former to join them in order to wipe out the shifter population. On the water, there are docks where a few boats are located so that the fishermen and sailors can go out to fish or just enjoy the sea-breeze.

i just came up with both of that information just now so if you see any errors in there or areas where i can add more detail, I'll try my best to correct the errors and add more detail where it's needed.

What are some of the major cities and landmarks in Clow? Prominent geological features? Also, why was The Ordinance created? Who founded it? What's its history? What about the government of Clow? What is it doing about The Ordinance? You mention that the government doesn't want The Ordinance to kill the Shifters. Why is that? To maintain peace? Because it sympathizes with the Shifters? Another reason?

Corus is the capital city of Clow and I'm going to say that it doesn't have any geological features right now until me or shrimp can come up with some and same goes for the other cities; The Ordinance was created in order to get rid of the shifters and it was founded by Balthazar Blake; it was started about a century ago when the shifters first started to populate Clow but their hate for them didn't start until there was a whole lot more of them...at first, they just wanted to diminish their numbers but then they saw that they were annoying and wanted to get rid of every last one of them along with the people that were on their side...a few shifters have been encountered by a member of The Ordinance and have either been killed or have disappeared to presumably be dead; the government doesn't want the group to do that because they don't want a civil war on their hands and they would like to maintain the peace if necessary.

Edited by Dragonpelt

I'm still here, though I was waiting to see if you and Shrimpee had more to discuss before I posted again. ^.^

((oh well i haven't seen shrimp on lately but i can shoot him a pm to discuss what some of the geological features are in Clow and if what i have for the government is okay; like the history and whatnot.))

Edited by Dragonpelt

((he's back and here's some geological features that Clow has:

a mountain range known as the Grimhold Mountains

a few craters made by meteors and from fights against the shifters and The Ordinance

that's all I can come up with right now; sorry user posted image))

Could the information about The Ordinance be added to your first post? I almost didn't realize you'd put more up. x3

So is The Ordinance purely humans? Or are there maybe some shifters-in-denial or such hidden in The Ordinance? Are the shifters doing anything to fight back or are they just going to disorganized war?

When a shifter is in animal form can they communicate telepathically with others, can they speak, do they have to wait until they shift back to communicate again? Is there a way to tell shifters apart from other humans or animals besides seeing them shift?

What kind of technology is present? Are they still using things like catapults or have they moved on to all guns and tanks? :3

I would add the other stuff about The Ordinance to the first post but since shrimp posted it, I can't.

The Ordinance is purely humans that dislike the shifters; they are fighting back by shifting to their animal forms and attacking The Ordinance members in a group but some never come back because they either die or they get captured to be mercilessly tortured.

When shifters are in animal form, they can communicate telepathically to the other shifters in their group and they can also speak as well but it's easier to talk mind to mind...the bird shifters can carry messages; shifters have a mark on their arms or any other part of their body that they were born with and each of them look different.

For technology, they have more primitive weapons such as swords and bow and arrows since it's hard to dodge a bullet while in animal form.

Edited by Dragonpelt

I made some edits as well as grammar fixes. I haven't put in anything about the technology yet but I will find a way to shape it into a paragraph.

This sounds really good, and I'd like to join but why do the ordinance actually want to kill the shifters? "they were annoying" seems a bit vague to me.

Are they overly religious and see shifters as an abomination? or are they just really paranoid and think that shifters steal and kill people?

well you can join once it's been approved and you'll have to send me the form.

what I mean by "they were annoying" was that they were getting to be annoying but I see where that can be a bit vague...I'll try to come up with a better wording for that later; yes, the Ordinance sees them as an abomination to the human race because they're not quite human and shift into different animals.

edit - here's a better wording for that sentence...hope it's not as vague:

at first, they just wanted to diminish their numbers but then they saw that they were getting to be quite a handful for the other members...

Edited by Dragonpelt

thanks happy.gif; *looks over plot in the TO (The Ordinance) section* no it doesn't but I'm sure that i can whip up something real quick smile.gif...just give me a minute.

Made some edits, added a paragraph on weaponry, and we came up with and added why The Ordinance hates shifters.

The young women started to whimper as she awaited her fate. The man grinned, "You will die in the name of The Ordinance," he said, "We will exterminate all shifters."

Change women to woman, please.

i sent a pm to shrimp about that error so he'll fix it when he's on again.