Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

Will someone who loved gen 3, hated d/p, and loved hg like B/w? I am not sure if I want to get it, thanks in advanced.

I have similar likes and dislikes, and gen V has got to be my favorite of all so far.

But honestly, I don't think what you liked in the past really does anything. My bf hated gens 3 and 4, loved 1, and was neutral with 2 and absolutely adores 5. It's different for everyone.

Pfffftt, YES, I got it <3

And ffffffuuuuuuu training is difficult D: It's pissing me off. /smacks team

I actually found training to be pretty easy. Then again I don't do it the normal way.

Huh, then how do you train?

@ Kamak: Thanks for telling us about how your Roggenrola Dave allowed you to sweep the Nacrene City Gym. I'm in Nacrene City now and I guess I'll catch a Roggenrola as well as a Timburr in preparation for my Gym battle. I just hope I can get my poor Snivy to evolve into a Servine beforehand. He keeps fainting, and I hate to have my Starter faint.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Just find a route with Tabunne(Audino), run back and forth outside of the grass until a spot starts to shake and take the Tabunne down. You can net anywhere from 200sum to 500sum exp from a single fight at the levels ranging 8-11. It's how I got my team of 4 up to level 20 each before going to the second gym. Seemed fast to me but I didn't fight many others to train so I wouldn't know the comparison. And you can find the things practically anywhere, with just a few exceptions.

Edited by Biggins

So that's how you get them to come out more quickly. I've only battled about three of them, and I failed to capture any of them. But, I did appreciate the experience that they gave my Pokemon. I just didn't know how to get them to come out more often. Thanks for telling me.

I googled the info last night, was trying to get a Drillbur and found the Tabunne trick on youtube. Worked wonders for my team and it's how I plan to grind up.

Yeah, grinding on Audino is the way to go. XD Otherwise you'll be battling wild Pokemon for ages.

Yeah, I kinda found that out for myself. I'm only just had time to get to Nacrene City before I stopped at 10 (my time). I didn't even get to challenge the Gym. Although, this still makes challenging the Striaton Gym a b***h since you can't find Audino until after you win the Trio Badge.

Yeah, I kinda found that out for myself. I'm only just had time to get to Nacrene City before I stopped at 10 (my time). I didn't even get to challenge the Gym. Although, this still makes challenging the Striaton Gym a b***h since you can't find Audino until after you win the Trio Badge.

Yup, Audino is an awesome grinding mon... I ended up getting 3 Sawk's while grinding, and I'm hoping to get a second Pansear for trading purposes... :B

*is filling up a box with the other monkeys though* Hurry up Pansear... :U

-K-

Well....I decided to continue further on. This game, I just had to continue. xd.png

Managed to beat that trainer in the museum gym this time. Got through the puzzles and just when I thought I can take on the 2nd gym challenge, I was defeated. My 4th Unova defeat. When will I learn. -.-

Herdier-Take Down OHKO my Snivy and yet still survived with that recoil blast. Pidove finished it next turn. Watchog-Retaliate move was just "waaaah?" to me. These new moves are just a slap in the face, really. dry.gif

After the defeat, I did a little bit more training and went for a rematch. Was able to get it down this time. But it was CLOSE. Hypnosis kept missing its mark, gave me time to buff up and go for the kill. Luck was sided on me, I guess. xd.png

2nd badge won, Team Plasma interferes, nabs themselves a fossil head, I pursue them into the woods, and retrieved back the stolen goods. From there I sort of rushed. I would had liked to explore the forest a bit more but I knew what was coming up next if I continued to the next city so I skipped the forest for now.

The Skyarrow Bridge was something that I wasn't expecting, though. Which was just awesome by the way. Was mesmerized by it. @.@

Even the whole city is as impressive as the the bridge. Will go back to experience again later. But first, like I said, I know what's coming next; Desperately in need of a 3rd party member.

Current team status and location:

Castelia City PK center.

(f) Snivy - Lv. 24

(m) Pidove - Lv. 23

Must have my Dark type.

Yup, Audino is an awesome grinding mon... I ended up getting 3 Sawk's while grinding, and I'm hoping to get a second Pansear for trading purposes... :B

*is filling up a box with the other monkeys though* Hurry up Pansear... :U

-K-

Why would you need to get a Pansear for trading purposes? I thought all three monkeys could be found on both versions.

I have 2 extra Sawks for trading, 1 Throh (would collect more... but eh...), 5 Pansage, 4 Panpour, and 1 Pansage...

And in addition, I caught a Lilligant in the Forest earlier before I started hunting the monkeys... So I only need one Sun Stone now... :B

Whee~ *runs over the Skyarrow bridge*

Team:

Mike: Blitzle Lv. 23

Munna (will rename soon) Lv. 24

Dave: Roggenrola Lv. 22

Jason: Tympole Lv. 22

Meghan: Woobat Lv. 22

Tende: Pignite Lv. 22

hope to get a Scraggy soon... :B

Why would you need to get a Pansear for trading purposes? I thought all three monkeys could be found on both versions.

They are... but the only place they are caught is the Pinwheel Forest... and you have a 10% chance of getting one of the three monkeys (30% total, but it seems like less), which means it may take a long time to collect all three... so I figured I'd collect some for my friends in case they need/want them...

The other one that's going to be a pain is Emolga... :/

-K-

Edited by Kamak

Just caught myself a female Purrloin! happy.gif Didn't see it during the daytime, so I'm guessing it's one of the night creatures.

Gonna raise it up to Lv. 10 and then go battle that Charron guy or whatever his name is at the Trainer school.

Just caught myself a female Purrloin! happy.gif Didn't see it during the daytime, so I'm guessing it's one of the night creatures.

Gonna raise it up to Lv. 10 and then go battle that Charron guy or whatever his name is at the Trainer school.

Nope... Day and Night don't affect Pokemon encounters in these games... only season (and just barely)... just some pokemon seem to be more stubborn than others in appearing... tongue.gif

-K-

Aww, that's too bad. sad.gif I was hoping Gamefreak would keep that feature in, 'cause it was one of my favorite things about HG.

I'd been fighting nothing, but yorkies, and mutated chimpmunks when I played earlier, so seeing that kitty pop up got me thinking it was in this game too.

I'm headed inside the Gym now. At least, I think it's the Gym. blink.gif

Those three circles on the floor showing the fire, water, and grass elements are definitely suspicious looking.

Aww, that's too bad. sad.gif I was hoping Gamefreak would keep that feature in, 'cause it was one of my favorite things about HG.

I'd been fighting nothing, but yorkies, and mutated chimpmunks when I played earlier, so seeing that kitty pop up got me thinking it was in this game too.

I'm headed inside the Gym now. At least, I think it's the Gym. blink.gif

Those three circles on the floor showing the fire, water, and grass elements are definitely suspicious looking.

I'm sure they would have... if it didn't mean making charts for:

Morning Spring

Morning Summer

Morning Fall

Morning Winter

Day Spring

Day Summer

Day Fall

Day Winter

Night Spring

Night Summer

Night Fall

Night Winter

Soon Pokemon charts would be as convoluted as AC fishing guides... tongue.gif

-K-

Well, considering how many Pokemon there are now, they certainly could do it, but, yeah, it'd probably drive people nuts trying to document what appears where and at what time. laugh.gif

I beated the third Gym Leader about an hour ago, and my Woobat evolved into a Swoobat! 8D~

Right now I'm in Nabasa City, it's awesome. It even has an amusement park, haha. xd.png

Battles are getting easier now, in the beginning it was pretty hard, but I beat Burgh with almost only Woobat. :3

My team's around level 26 now.

I can't wait to really start playing it. I bought White yesterday after work, played a little at home but went to bed after only playing an hour.

Going to be all alone at the least busiest place a work today, I'll get to play as much as I want! biggrin.gif

Currently trying to catch a female Purrloin.

They are... but the only place they are caught is the Pinwheel Forest... and you have a 10% chance of getting one of the three monkeys (30% total, but it seems like less), which means it may take a long time to collect all three... so I figured I'd collect some for my friends in case they need/want them...

The other one that's going to be a pain is Emolga... :/

-K-

That makes sense. I agree about Emolga, that's one reason I thought that Elesa was enviable since she has two in addition to her Zebstrika.

Edit: No one has posted since I have so I'll just put this in an edit. My team:

Blitzle Lvl. 18

Servine Lvl. 18

Sawk Lvl. 18

Panpour Lvl 18

Pidove Lvl 18

Roggenrola Lvl 18

Audino training has worked like a charm, but unfortunately, I have to go to work now, so it's unlikely that I'll battle Lenora today.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I bought white yesterday. I haven't had much time to play though. I am happy my snivy turned out a girl.

I can't get mine yet...Wal-mart was sold. out when I went to get White yesterday. :/ So I have to wait at least a week to play either Dx

I can't wait to get my games and then get Victini x-x

Darumaka's White Pokedex Entry:

"Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm."

... Uhh?

-K-