Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

I haven't come across a shiny in B/W, but I don't play those games that much so it's not surprising. I've caught a shiny Silcoon and Butterfree in the Bug Catching competition in HG/SS before, and a Sandshrew, Swinub, and Rhyhorn. For some reason, shiny bugs and ground Pokemon pop up for me...

I don't see how people can get shiny legendaries without hacking though. Or going insane. Doesn't it take like, 500 soft resets? =P Yeesh, more patience than I have.

I intended to start out my game with a Shiny, but I got bored of resetting after like . . . 10. lol So I think I'm nowhere near committed enough.

Playing White sometimes makes me wish I had finished Red or Blue. I "loaned" my blue to a friend. I have no idea if either my GameBoy or Color GameBoy are still in storage at my mom's or if my brother has dug through all my stuff and disposed of it. (He did that to my PlayStation One while I was on an exchange program for 1 year. I've been away 3 now. He hasn't changed much, so I really don't put anything past him.) Then again, would I really want to downgrade to the GameBoy again? I really like my DSlite.

That would be awesome!  I have Wifi.  What would you accept in return?

Anything you want to get rid of, I'm not looking for anything in particular and I have more Zoruas than I really know what to do with.

Do you want a female or male?

I haven't come across a shiny in B/W, but I don't play those games that much so it's not surprising. I've caught a shiny Silcoon and Butterfree in the Bug Catching competition in HG/SS before, and a Sandshrew, Swinub, and Rhyhorn. For some reason, shiny bugs and ground Pokemon pop up for me...

I don't see how people can get shiny legendaries without hacking though. Or going insane. Doesn't it take like, 500 soft resets? =P Yeesh, more patience than I have.

I did the soft-reset method for my Moltres about 200+ something times. Took forever though, and happened while I was lounging in Hawaii... so I named him Maui! (Plus, Shiny Moltres looks sunburned anyway |D)

I've tried the same method for Rayquaza, Groudon, and Zapdos, but I got too impatient after like 400 resets. ^^

Edit: Though, if I ever go back and replay Emerald (hafta save all my lovelies first~) I think I'm most definitely going to try for Rayquaza again.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

That's some serious dedication!

I get tired after about 4 resets (or more if I can't catch something legendary).

Has that ever happened, you run into a shiny legendary and accidentally knock it out?

Anything you want to get rid of, I'm not looking for anything in particular and I have more Zoruas than I really know what to do with.

Do you want a female or male?

I'll PM you. I would like a female. Thank you!

I have like, a bunch of Zorua you're welcome to have if you have Wifi for us to trade over. c: I used to mass breed them so I have a bunch that are left over, and most of them have nice natures.

Oooh, is there any chance I can get in on this sometime? biggrin.gif -would love a Zorua-

That's some serious dedication!

I get tired after about 4 resets (or more if I can't catch something legendary).

Has that ever happened, you run into a shiny legendary and accidentally knock it out?

Hahaha, I seriously love Moltres. I'm pretty sure I'm going to resume my Rayquaza hunt because I love him just as much. <3

But usually I get really bored with the resets, I tend to do them for shiny starters but no luck. I got up to 600+ something for a shiny charmander on FireRed, but, nada. ;~;

Not to me it hasn't. I reserve all my masterballs for shinies so that I don't have to chance something like that, and I think most people who go hunting for shinies do that too, unless they really want it in a specific pokeball. I don't care, as long as I have the pokemon I'm good xd.png I do know people who have knocked out other shiny pokemon that weren't legendary in attempts to capture them.

Oooh, is there any chance I can get in on this sometime?  -would love a Zorua-

Sure thing! Just PM me your friend code details and name, gender, etc of the Zorua you'd like. Most of my Zoruas have egg moves of Dark Pulse and Extrasensory already, just fyi.

Scolipede

For the Win

Also loving the dream world abilities!

I think, Zoroak and Zorua's concepts are cool, but they're a bit sub-par at the end of the day.

I want Shinies, but I don't have the patience to hunt for them and I've never had one pop during grinding. Do people trade Shinies for reasonable pokemon or only hacked legendaries?

This isn't in B/W that I know of but in D/P/P you can chain for shinies. In B/W there's something called the Masuda method (I think this is the right name U: ), which is breeding a Japanese pokemon with a pokemon from your game of the opposite gender and it's supposed to increase the chance of breeding a shiny (brings it down to like 1 in 600-something, I think?). Still a lot of work, but it's a lot better than the normal wild shiny encounter rate (like 1 in 8000+ or some such unholy number @_@).

Yes, people do trade shinies for reasonable pokemon. I think all but one of my shinies has been hacked or traded for (so the one I caught legitly myself is special <3) via the GTS or GTS Negotiations. You just have to wade through all the spam offers these days to actually find anything (not just shinies) that's actually for trade.

**Also I've been breeding Zorua and Shinx in the hopes of shinies and no luck so far. But still I now have way too many of both. If anyone wants a free Zorua or Shinx feel free to ask. c:

I don't see how people can get shiny legendaries without hacking though. Or going insane. Doesn't it take like, 500 soft resets? =P Yeesh, more patience than I have

I'm a terrible person who takes advantage of other people's hard work or hacking and I just trade for them. LOL I did try resetting for a Shiny Moltres and Rayquaza once but I had no patience. It gets annoying after a while.

I do know people who have knocked out other shiny pokemon that weren't legendary in attempts to capture them.

Of the two shinies I've actually seen in the grass while playing legitly, one (a Fearow) I caught and the other, a Zigzagoon, I saw during the part of the game where you didn't have pokeballs yet. ;-; So much sadface.

I keep hoping to run into shinies in B/W. I think I'll make like Nine and play the bug catching contest and see if I have that kind of luck. |D

This isn't in B/W that I know of but in D/P/P you can chain for shinies. In B/W there's something called the Masuda method (I think this is the right name U: ), which is breeding a Japanese pokemon with a pokemon from your game of the opposite gender and it's supposed to increase the chance of breeding a shiny (brings it down to like 1 in 600-something, I think?). Still a lot of work, but it's a lot better than the normal wild shiny encounter rate (like 1 in 8000+ or some such unholy number @_@).

I'm a terrible person who takes advantage of other people's hard work or hacking and I just trade for them. LOL I did try resetting for a Shiny Moltres and Rayquaza once but I had no patience. It gets annoying after a while.

Of the two shinies I've actually seen in the grass while playing legitly, one (a Fearow) I caught and the other, a Zigzagoon, I saw during the part of the game where you didn't have pokeballs yet. ;-; So much sadface.

The Matsuda method is in all the DS games from gen 4 and up. In gen 4 however it was 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 2,048 pokemon, and in gen 5 it was cut to 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 1,365.3 pokemon.

^^ But yes chaining is only in gen 4 games, and a lot of people get their shinies by chaining.

Awh, shoulda gone for that shiny moltres! I got mine and he's so speshul ;~; <3

And ouch, about that zigazoon... D: I always feared that would happen to me. ><

I think, Zoroak and Zorua's concepts are cool, but they're a bit sub-par at the end of the day.

Though I might be biased as a Zoroark fan, that's a little surprising to me. I can't really think of why they'd be sub-par, they've got great stats, pretty good move pool, and an awesome ability. ._.

The Matsuda method is in all the DS games from gen 4 and up. In gen 4 however it was 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 2,048 pokemon, and in gen 5 it was cut to 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 1,365.3 pokemon.

^^ But yes chaining is only in gen 4 games, and a lot of people get their shinies by chaining.

Awh, shoulda gone for that shiny moltres! I got mine and he's so speshul ;~; <3

And ouch, about that zigazoon... D: I always feared that would happen to me. ><

Though I might be biased as a Zoroark fan, that's a little surprising to me. I can't really think of why they'd be sub-par, they've got great stats, pretty good move pool, and an awesome ability. ._.

Ah, 1 in 1365. Okay xd.png Hopeful me was wishing for a lower number, I guess. LOL

I need to relearn chaining. I need me some more shinies.

I did eventually get a Shiny Moltres from the GTS (and about 3 Rayquazas too). |D And yes he is so shiny and speshul. <3

-----

I think the issue with Zorua and Zoroark, as with most (if not all) other high atk/sp atk pokemon, is that their defense tends to be absolutely godawful. <.< Their one saving grace is their speed and excellent move pool. So even if you know you're gonna be KO'd you can still get a hit in before you get KO'd. xd.png They're not really subpar but they do get KO'd kinda fast sometimes.

I did eventually get a Shiny Moltres from the GTS (and about 3 Rayquazas too). |D And yes he is so shiny and speshul. <3

-----

I think the issue with Zorua and Zoroark, as with most (if not all) other high atk/sp atk pokemon, is that their defense tends to be absolutely godawful. <.< Their one saving grace is their speed and excellent move pool. So even if you know you're gonna be KO'd you can still get a hit in before you get KO'd. xd.png They're not really subpar but they do get KO'd kinda fast sometimes.

;~; th-th-three shiny rayquazas?? Q~Q

Yeah, the defenses are certainly not terrific, but since Zoroark can learn moves that cover all its weaknesses, I say it's a pretty worthy pokemon. Especially if you can screw someone over with the Illusion, slip a Nasty Plot in there during the confusion and then they're outta there. ^^

There is a chance we will get the special Shiny Raquaza with pokemon conquest being released though....

Or at least I hope so, since Japan got that as an event for that game...

I beat the Elite Four in White the other day. Eelektross made it uber easy. xd.png

And yeah, Zoroark's pretty epic. I got through Opelucid Gym in five minutes just by spamming Foul Play. xd.png

I've been playing Pokemon for ten years, and i've never even seen a shiny, save for my event legendary beasts. DX Bad luck, I guess.

I just beat the endgame and am doing the White post-game stuff. But my White Forest is empty. :< Will anyone with Black trade FC codes with me so I can get experience White Forest? Please PM me.

As for Zorua, I love it. Not a huge fan of the Zoroark evolution. Then again, I tend to be enamored of the pre-evolutions.

In my dream Shiny collection, I would have all the Eevee evolutions and a Ninetales.

It's good to know GTS might work for me. I've mostly stuck to offering Pokemon and been lucky. Except for one Woobat no one ever seems to want. (I accidentally bred more than I wanted, just kept picking up the eggs thoughtlessly.)

I have a huge stressful summer coming up and Pokemon really keeps me mellow. Any rec's on which game I should play this summer? I haven't played anything but White and the old GameBoy games. Would love to beat another Pokemon game. smile.gif

FC codes aren't going to do anything if the person you want to play with isn't physically sitting next to you. sad.gif White Forest its counterpart in Black were made with the close clusters of Japanese players in mind, so finding people to play with won't be easy unless you go to a convention or something.

In fact, the first time I ever got to try it was when the Black and White VG Champion tour was going on, (I went just to watch cool.gif ) and that's been the only time so far. It's nice that Gamefreak understands the face to face interactions are fun, but somehow I feel we international fans should get a little more then what we did. (Is WiFi really too much to ask for with these things?)

All I want is my shiny male Umbreon named Yami, knows Shadow Ball, and possibly EV/IV/Idon'tknowgoaskthosepeopleatSmogen trained. ...Yeah. laugh.gif

Edited by Gamekatt101

Really? I thought you could use wifi to visit the other person's town . . .

Oh well, guess I'll just miss out then. sad.gif

Keldeo is getting an alternate forme now too.

The preview I've seen is a little weird, no huge difference from what they've shown of it but it seems a little off to me.

It's interesting we still haven't heard anything about genesect. At least keldeo and Meloetta have confirmed japanese releases but genesect is like it never existed.

Just be patient. Genesect will be revealed next year with the next movie. That's how they've always done it.

According to Serebii, it may be revealed this summer.

Does anyone have keledo they can trade

To trade:

Genesect

lv1 Zekrom

lv1 Kyroem

Shiny Raiko

So, question-- does anyone here have an Oshawott and/or Tepig up for trade? I can offer Kanto starters and Zorua smile.gif

Dr. Paine, I can get both on one of my games if I set up my wifi. I have all starters... Of all seasons. xd.png

Dr. Paine, I can get both on one of my games if I set up my wifi. I have all starters... Of all seasons. xd.png

Awesome xd.png I'm more interested in the Oshawott, but I'd love to have both xd.png (I'm a fan of starters, what can I say? tongue.gif)