Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

I personally just thought "Kai-You-Rem" was the official pronunciation... and I feel like the way they pronounce it there sounds weird. But idk. >_>;

*hides*

1) -They're mispronouncing Kyurem's name! D:

'Kyou-rem'? I thought it was 'Kai-you-rem'...it's certainly easier to pronounce.

If you pronounce it like a Japanese name, it would be Kyoo-rem. Kyu-remu. キュレム。To pronounce it like Kai-Yoo-Rem it would be spelled more like Kaiuremu,I believe, and written more like カイウレム。

This is Japanese though.

"Cure-em?"

:c Whu whu whu

what's wrong with "Kai-you-rem?"

Ohgeeze at the end. I heard Kira versus the Sword of Justice. That's hilarious in my mind, being a Death Note fan.

(Also, I always said kee-you-rem)

Cure-rem... I did think it was Kye-you-rem...

Edited by creepado

Funny, this reminds me of when Red and Blue first came to the US....

When the anime showed it was like, WHAT How did they pronounce that name???

(Gyrados was one in particular that I remember having a hard time with)

Now those pokemon are like, commonplace names that everyone knows.

(Meaning I have to get over that it's not "kai-you-rem".... *will live*)

Also, That was also when people argued over whether it was "Poke-a-mon" or "Poke-e-mon"

(Or some people called it "Poky-mans", which now people say to be funny, but some people honestly thought that's how you pronounced it. Trust me, I had some good arguments with other 3rd graders back then over it.)

I remember getting mad at my parents all those years ago because they kept saying "Pokey-mans". |D

I'll get over the "Kyoo-rem" thing, methinks. I, too, pronounced it "Kai-yoo-rem".

I still pronounce it "Groo-don" instead of "Grow-don" and "Meta-graws" (rhymes with cross) instead of "Meta-gross". AND "Rai-koo" instead of "Rai-ko".

I have a weird way of pronouncing a lot of Pokemon names. ;w;

Zoroark I kind of have to pronounce as "Zo-Ark" because I find "Zorro-Ark" very awkward to say... but I could be pronouncing it wrong as well.

And for some reason I used to think Rhyperior was pronounced "Rhy-hy-perior"... I still say it like that on occasion. It just kinda stuck. o.o

I actually pronounce Metagross like that too. Raikou I say as "Rai-kow."

Edited by Switch

I pronounce Kyurem "Ki-ur-em".

I used to be weird with Altaria. I couldn't pronounce it at all. And until recently, I couldn't pronounce "Sootopolis" or "Pacifidlog" correctly either. It was like "Soot-oo-pole-is" and "Pacifi-de-log".

Apparently, due to my Kiwi accent I say Kyurem like this:

Ky-rem

When I think I'm going:

Ky-you-rem

Edited by creepado

...I have this problem where I insert imaginary letters in names because that's just how I read the name at first even if it's wrong, and then I don't realize it. Such as Breloom, I pronounced it as "bell-room". So I've been readin Kyurem's name as "Que-ree-em". So Cure-em fits better with me.

Also with Rayquaza- which is apparently pronounced "Ray-quay-za", I say "Ray-quah-za". Sounds cooler to me :|

^ I say Rayquaza like that, too. Blew my mind when I found out it was "Ray-quay-za". I refused to say it like that. |D

...I have this problem where I insert imaginary letters in names because that's just how I read the name at first even if it's wrong, and then I don't realize it.

Ditto (no pun intended). I used to pronounce Lugia Loo-i-ja. Thought it was funny it reminded me of Luigi. Then came the movie. I re-looked at the spelling. *facepalm*

And then there's those times I learn the Japanese names as they come out, and keep[/] calling them that long after English games come out.

Ditto (no pun intended). I used to pronounce Lugia Loo-i-ja. Thought it was funny it reminded me of Luigi. Then came the movie. I re-looked at the spelling. *facepalm*

And then there's those times I learn the Japanese names as they come out, and keep[/] calling them that long after English games come out.

I'm like that with some of the first announced gen 4 Pokemon. Bonsly and Mime Jr. are still usually Usohachi and Manene to me. I'm probably going to get worse about this since I'm going to start working on memorizing all the Japanese Pokemon names.

I do think it's silly when people insist on like Fushigidane for Bulbasaur and what not like it makes them cooler for knowing the Japanese names though. xd.png Bonus points if they mispronounce it, especially since Japanese is phonetic -- there is never more than one way to pronounce something. In English I still prefer some of my pronunciations to the ones that made it into the anime and stuff.

deity i'll play but i kinda suck. more like get-all-damage-moves kind of person laugh.gif But ya, I'll try my hardest. smile.gif

Does anyone mind if I close this as the two most recent pokemon games are black 2 and white 2, and gen x and y. You could still talk about black and white in this thread.

This also seems like kind of a dead thread.

Edited by kiffren

I think lumping Black/White and Black2/White2 into the same thread would be fine, as they are the same generation and are closely related.

I personally thought that White and Black were far superior to White 2 and Black 2, just story wise mind you. The sequal just seems so rushed. In one I actually became attached to all the characters. For the first time in a pokemon game xd.png Not to say this is the first good pokemon game though!

I personally thought that White and Black were far superior to White 2 and Black 2, just story wise mind you.

Second this. B/W had a reason to send you after the badges. "Hi my name is N and I'm going to the Pokémon League to separate humans and Pokémon. If you want to stop me, meet me there!" In comparison to Hugh: "Yes I am totally out to stop Team Plasma and get my sister's Pokémon back! But first go beat the Water Gym. No, no reason why, just do it. Did I mention I hate Team Plasma for stealing my sister's Pokémon? Good, now beat the Gym. Team Plasma's in a nearby cave? Go beat the Gym. Yes getting Purrloin back is my top priority, why do you ask?" dry.gif SO CLUNKY. I'd rather they separate the plot and badge collecting entirely than force it together like that. >.<

Yeah, Hugh got on my nerves too. When I first met him, and he said he was searching for something, I thought it'd be something like a long lost treasure in a ruin with you both going in there (maybe chasing Plasma goons?). You then accidentally wake up Kyrum and have to fight/catch him to escape. (It could have been a trap by Ghestis too. He'd want to get rid of the annoying children eventually, right?)

So, yeah, I wanted something exciting, not some boy pining over a missing cat. dry.gif

So, yeah, I wanted something exciting, not some boy pining over a missing cat.  dry.gif

What's worse is that apparently it was stolen two years ago. What was he doing for two years if he's so determined to get it back?

I do wish they'd handled Black City/White Forest differently in the first ones though. They made such a big deal over having exclusive areas for each version--and then made those areas useless if you don't beat the game right away. And gave no real notification, in-game, that this happens. dry.gif

I think lumping Black/White and Black2/White2 into the same thread would be fine, as they are the same generation and are closely related.

I second this.

I just started playing black again. smile.gif First time I played I got tepig, this time I went with oshawott.