Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

Well Umbreon is better for defense, and lacks the punch.. SO i would probably go with:

Faint Attack (for the STAB)

Moonlight

(Your Choice)

Hyper Beam/Giga Impact (Honestly, I'm not 100% sure about this one, but I'd put it in just because Umbreon has a good enough defense that you should be able to get away with the recharge, as well as Moonlight to make up for lost HP)

^(Personal Opinion)

Would you say using Zekrom is legit?

I was thinking Moonlight and Psychic. Feint attack was in mind too. I think that sounds good. But what is STAB?

Depends on the rules but yeah I think using Zekrom is legit.

same type attack bonus.

So if palkia used spacial rend, the attack power would be boosted because of the same type. (Spacial rend and palkia both dragon)

If pikachu used iron tail, it would not receive the STAB

Edited by moneyman

same type attack bonus.

So if palkia used spacial rend, the attack power would be boosted because of the same type. (Spacial rend and palkia both dragon)

I see I see. I kept seeing STAB wondering what it was *facepalm*

well actually....

curse

moonlight

payback

return/sucker punch

edit: well if you are going for an offensive one anyways.

Edited by chipou

I see I see. I kept seeing STAB wondering what it was *facepalm*

You can always check Bulbapedia. It's pretty much a wiki for pokemon.

I was thinking Moonlight and Psychic. Feint attack was in mind too. I think that sounds good. But what is STAB?

Depends on the rules but yeah I think using Zekrom is legit.

No, no, and NO.

Umbreon does NOT use an offensive moveset. Here's what you should run:

Umbreon@Leftovers

Toxic

Mean Look

Baton Pass

Wish

Umbreon is a support pokemon with decent defensive stats, and should be played as such. Don't tack offensive moves on him just because he can survive - he won't do enough damage to make those offensive moves worth it.

Basic move order: Mean Look > Toxic > Wish > Baton Pass, BP before wish or toxic if Umby won't survive. The important thing is baton passing mean look. Toxic and wish are just extras. Toxic and wish can be swapped in terms of the order depending on the needs of your team at the time.

What eeveelution has the highest attack or sp. attack?

Also, does auto leveling down to fifty affect EV training?

Edited by moneyman

No, no, and NO.

Umbreon does NOT use an offensive moveset. Here's what you should run:

Umbreon@Leftovers

Toxic

Mean Look

Baton Pass

Wish

Umbreon is a support pokemon with decent defensive stats, and should be played as such. Don't tack offensive moves on him just because he can survive - he won't do enough damage to make those offensive moves worth it.

Basic move order: Mean Look > Toxic > Wish > Baton Pass, BP before wish or toxic if Umby won't survive. The important thing is baton passing mean look. Toxic and wish are just extras. Toxic and wish can be swapped in terms of the order depending on the needs of your team at the time.

Depending on how it comes, DW Umbreon may not have baton pass.

Another thing; Why in the world would you not run ONE single offensive attack. I understand it's a defensive mon but not one offensive move seems silly.

Another thing; I'm an offensive person. I rarely run a defensive strategy. Not to say I'm not considering your listed moveset but if I do use it I might throw in an offensive move. Especially since I don't ever use wish. Mean look is a move I'm considering.

Yet another thing; I'm not a competitive battler. I have never, nor will I ever wish to compete in a tournament. I'm only learning EV training because I like pokemon but after story there isn't much for someone like me to do. EV training is something new. I do wish I had chosen Espeon over Umbreon. I like Espeon's end stats better than Umbreon.

Flareon has 130 for a base attack

Espeon has 130 for a base special attack

Glaceon has 130 for a base special attack

So those three are the ones with the best attack and sp. attack for eeveelutions :3

and no autoleveling down to level 50 doesn't mess with EV training

EDIT: What would be a good move set for a Glaceon?

Edited by steph1331

umm what? you only get evs if you get exp...keep that in mind.

assuming youre operating under a hail team

Glaceon @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / life orb

Ability: Snow Cloak

Nature: Modest

Evs: 252 SpA, 252 Hp, 4 Spd

~ Blizzard

~ Hidden Power

~ shadow ball

~ Ice Breath

really its movepool is too horrendous to consider using it outside of hail.

umm what? you only get evs if you get exp...keep that in mind.

assuming youre operating under a hail team

Glaceon @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / life orb

Ability: Snow Cloak

Nature: Modest

Evs: 252 SpA, 252 Hp, 4 Spd

~ Blizzard

~ Hidden Power

~ shadow ball

~ Ice Breath

really its movepool is too horrendous to consider using it outside of hail.

It really is. I only get one to complete my eeveelution collection.

Depending on how it comes, DW Umbreon may not have baton pass.

Another thing; Why in the world would you not run ONE single offensive attack. I understand it's a defensive mon but not one offensive move seems silly.

Another thing; I'm an offensive person. I rarely run a defensive strategy. Not to say I'm not considering your listed moveset but if I do use it I might throw in an offensive move. Especially since I don't ever use wish. Mean look is a move I'm considering.

Yet another thing; I'm not a competitive battler. I have never, nor will I ever wish to compete in a tournament. I'm only learning EV training because I like pokemon but after story there isn't much for someone like me to do. EV training is something new. I do wish I had chosen Espeon over Umbreon. I like Espeon's end stats better than Umbreon.

If you're using DW umbreon, you run a stalling set: Toxic, Wish/Moonlight, Protect, Mean Look, with leftovers as your equip. You don't use an offensive move because you want the opponent's poison status to kill them. You just want Umby to out-last an opponent. On a support!Umby, you don't run any offensive moves because if you're using him properly, you're NEVER directly attacking them. As well, toxic is an offensive move - it'll do damage every turn unless it's cured, which doesn't happen so much. Umby in a stalling set is like playing a DoT caster in WoW. You inflict status and use time to kill them.

I just played the Eeveelution game, just to check if it saved last time. It didn't. @__@ So I played it again and got Vaporeon. Fwoo.

I've gotten Espeon but it doesn't show up for me, does it take time or will it show up immediately? I recently did it so that may be a problem. I forgot about it for a while.

You get the eeveelutions tomorrow. May 5th.

thats just when the game is taken off the site, they havent announced an official distribution date yet

Just got my butt kicked in the Battle Institute double battle trial by an NPC with Thunderus, Entei, and Cobalion. Waaaat

Just got my butt kicked in the Battle Institute double battle trial by an NPC with Thunderus, Entei, and Cobalion. Waaaat

That's why I stay far away from places like that, especially if your opponent or their Pokemon are chosen at random. One minute you may be doing really well and the next the RNG that chooses your opponent or their Pokemon, chooses a team that either uses a really cheap strategy, or a team that is way and unfairly overpowered (assuming you don't use Legendaries yourself).

Edit: Sorry, my last edit took awhile. The forums started acting up and then I had to scan my computer so I wasn't able to complete my edit till now.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Just got it 2 days ago the whole game gives you a challenge that is harder than usual.

The battle institute is a different than the battle subway, but it has the restrictions as it.

Edited by dr.bieber229

GOD the Eevee game pisses me off. .______.

Edit; YESSSSSSH FINALLY ESPEON! <3

Edited by Blablahi

Just got it 2 days ago the whole game gives you a challenge that is harder than usual.

The battle institute is a different than the battle subway, but it has the restrictions as it.

I actually thought the game was a little bit easier than usual, but maybe that's just me.

Edit: I forgot a T.

Edited by Blood-Otherium