Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

need advice please.

First, I plan on using my drillbur->excedrill in the VGA tourny. opinion?

First what should i ev train? I was considering on mostly attack and defense, or should i focus on defense/sp defense?

Second, I was wondering if i should not evolve my drillbur until 43 because excedrill doesn't learn drill run until past lv 50. (55 to be exact.)

Finally, I was wondering if this would work as a decent move set:

Toxic

Earthquake

Drill Run

Rock Slide

(Note: I always freshly breed my tournament pokemon for the right nature etc.)

Any notes valued!

I think Excedrill will stand up well in the VGA tourny.

First question: I would put you Evs into attack and then split them half and half between defense and sp.defense since they are both around the same.

Second question: If you must use drill run, I recomend just not evolving it. Although Earthquake would be a better move to use instead of drill run though.

Final question: The moveset is okay, but you should really pick either Earthquake or Drillrun because Drill run is the same type as Earthquake. I would choose Earthquake since it does more damage in one turn then drill run does.

Next I would recomend filling up the extra spot by getting rid of those moves with something that is a steel type, Like metal claw, Mainly because it gets STAB. I would also recomend maybe puting in a move that increases attack, like hone claws.

So a good moveset could be:

Toxic

Drill run/ Earthquake

Metal claw/ Aerial ace/ Shadow claw

Rocks slide/ Hone claws

;-; Sorry if I sound mean or that

Don't know what you mean by mean, it was very helpful! biggrin.gif

I am contemplating between shadow claw and metal because a pyschic is usually in a team and shadow claw i high critical ratio, but metal claw can get ice, which can be murder. Decision decisions.

Another question. With the poke transfer, can you also transfer TMs?

I would get rid of drill run, so that brings up the question, does anyone have any suggestions for a flying type or decent pokemon with levitate. I don't think ill go with unfezant because in doesn't really know anything more thing flying and normal (i think).

I would get rid of drill run, so that brings up the question, does anyone have any suggestions for a flying type or decent pokemon with levitate. I don't think ill go with unfezant because in doesn't really know anything more thing flying and normal (i think).

Well, Eelektross knows levitate...Which actually makes it a pokemon with no weaknesses.

The flying type I regularly use is Swoobat, and my brother uses Archeops.

I haven't ever entered any competitions, so I'm not sure how they would fare if you do all that IV math or what have you.

Edited by evilbunny405

actually, most people dont reccomend metal claw because of its low BP and poor coverage

anyways id reccomend

EQ

Xscissor

stone edge

and if you must toxic.

EDIT: you cant transfer items period.

Edited by chipou

'anyone have a Seviper/Arbok/Ekans MALE that knows dark pulse???

i have some lv 17 zorua with active PKRS... i can level them up more but risks inactive PKRS... i also have a lv 75 Gallade im willing to trade [i have a lv 80 so i dun need this one]'

:\

Well, Eelektross knows levitate...Which actually makes it a pokemon with no weaknesses.

The flying type I regularly use is Swoobat, and my brother uses Archeops.

I haven't ever entered any competitions, so I'm not sure how they would fare if you do all that IV math or what have you.

Just don't forget there are moves and abilities that can get rid of levitate.

besides, the two dark/ghost types also have no weakness bar mold breaker/scrappy

Argh! Transferring items like with the Pal park would make thsi so much easier!

What TM do you need? All of them are available in B/W... and they are good for infinite uses; they don't disappear.

YEAH, finnaly got my shiny vulpix!....but its careful....and is flash fire. ohwell, i can live with flash fire easily, but careful....im still using it but ouch (-sp attk +sp def)

If you EV train that Vulpix for sp.attack, it should be fine. Sp.defense is one of its best stats anyways, so that's a good thing.

And were you breeding for a DW ability?

Ugh, I want my shiny Zorua Dx Bonus points because Daddy Zoroark has perfect special attack IVs, so a LOT of his babehs have perfect IVs. <3 Hopefully, when I get my shiny, I'll have some nice IVs going!

Oh, and is there something I can check to see how many eggs I've hatched? I've been doing it manually because I can't find it, but it'd be nicer if they had a built in counter like they did D/P/Plt.

If you EV train that Vulpix for sp.attack, it should be fine. Sp.defense is one of its best stats anyways, so that's a good thing.

And were you breeding for a DW ability?

Oh, and is there something I can check to see how many eggs I've hatched? I've been doing it manually because I can't find it, but it'd be nicer if they had a built in counter like they did D/P/Plt.

if you give that perfect iv zoroark the correct power item all of his babies will have that particular iv...just saying

and yeah, i had a female timid drought pix with everstone, glad it didnt work dry.gif

yeah, that is true so im fortunante it wasnt like adamant or something. nasty plot should/will pick up the slack tongue.gif

as far as eggs, in D/P/Pt you could see total eggs hatch, but i dont think you can check individual species egg statistics.

^Egg?

I had a Vulpix, now a Ninetales. Caught in wild. Serious Nature.

EDIT: Forum lag caused my post to take to long to get through.

Edited by Sombreon

if you give that perfect iv zoroark the correct power item all of his babies will have that particular iv...just saying

and yeah, i had a female timid drought pix with everstone, glad it didnt work  dry.gif

yeah, that is true so im fortunante it wasnt like adamant or something. nasty plot should/will pick up the slack  tongue.gif

as far as eggs, in D/P/Pt you could see total eggs hatch, but i dont think you can check individual species egg statistics.

I know. But I don't have any power items yet; have them on SS, but can't transfer x3

D: I'm so sad that Hydreigon can't learn Nasty Plot. Like, at all. It totally would have killed with Draco Meteor...

I meant total eggs hatch. I don't think I've hatched anything else but a Larvesta. ^^;

Edit: How do I check my DW points on Global Link? I can't figure it out... >>

Editedit: Ah, nevermind.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Try the Gear Station which is located in Nimbasa City. You could find the power items there. Just need to work for them again.

I got two pawniard today. One regular and one shiny. Both IVs are Attack leaned with the normal being perfect in that regard. Sadly I have no idea on EVs so I need to reset them but I'm so happy <3

Did you get it on GTS or did you catch it? =)

Did you get it on GTS or did you catch it? =)

GTS. Though if I had to say, it looks pretty legit. Met at route 9 at around 33 caught in a quick ball. If anything makes it seem non-legit is the fact it is adamant and has good attack IVs.

I can't wait to get my umbreon tomorrow x3 What would be a good nature for it?

Edited by crazywargod

Im gettin' black for my birthday on May 21st,

But I need some pointers on the game. I have Soulsilver, so I know how some of it works, but id like so pointers on some of the stuff you can do, and well, I do have the guide that I bought for $20, but thats explaining how to get completely through the game....

My best friend has Black too, and I play it some times, so I know HOW to work black, but I just need some pointers...

Thanks!

~koowie

Meep :3

@koowie: What exactly are you looking to find out? There's GTS (global trade system) to help you get Pokemon you couldn't otherwise get. There's the DW (dream world) which you can play in your browser to get berries and other extra items in-game. Of course, those are rather simplified explanations, but I'm not sure what you want to know, and I don't want to bore you with info you know. laugh.gif

depends on the moveset, but ussually itll be -attk/sp attk/speed +(ussually) sp def, or def

What TM do you need? All of them are available in B/W... and they are good for infinite uses; they don't disappear.

i know i can get them all, but the transfr would be faster.

depends on the moveset, but ussually itll be -attk/sp attk/speed +(ussually) sp def, or def

What is the best moveset?

Well Umbreon is better for defense, and lacks the punch.. SO i would probably go with:

Faint Attack (for the STAB)

Moonlight

(Your Choice)

Hyper Beam/Giga Impact (Honestly, I'm not 100% sure about this one, but I'd put it in just because Umbreon has a good enough defense that you should be able to get away with the recharge, as well as Moonlight to make up for lost HP)

^(Personal Opinion)

Would you say using Zekrom is legit?