Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

Hey mella. How did you EV train your Petilil/Liligant?

Is any one here planning on going to a regional tournament in a few months?

It's a doubles Gen 5 only clash!

Hey mella. How did you EV train your Petilil/Liligant?

Oh, to train for Sp. Atk I beat up the Pokemon in Celestial Tower, and for Speed I believe I used the Fishing Rod to find and beat up Basculin. c: I also used Calciums and other vitamins to make it go by a wee bit quicker.

Is any one here planning on going to a regional tournament in a few months?

It's a doubles Gen 5 only clash!

I wish. It's always so far from me, while the world finals is so close dry.gif Unfair. LA needs more love, dammit...

But hopefully I'll get into the college I want and be significantly closer, muahahahaha

Does anyone know about registering two game cards on the same Global Link account? Do you get two separate files and two separate Dream World houses on the same profile, or am I better off making a separate account?

There was something else I was going to ask, but I forgot it.

ugg... anyone have a Seviper/Arbok/Ekans MALE that knows dark pulse???

i have some lv 17 zorua with active PKRS... i can level them up more but risks inactive PKRS... i also have a lv 75 Gallade im willing to trade [i have a lv 80 so i dun need this one]

speaking of GTS... i finally put in my zoroark [one of the 'lv 17 zorua' i have JUST for trading on the GTS] in for an 'any level reshiram' then five or twenty minutes later i got the trade ._o it usually takes a few days for even my BEST offers to go thru [lv 60 altaria for an any level zorua etc] it has a calm nature like my Zekrom... but unlike with Zeky it doesnt bug me [decrease atk increase sp def] Zeky is +atk so to hav a -atk nature is... ugg... ill train him just because hes speshul :L [like im doing with my non-special bred mons so i can shove them in the daycare without worrying about losing any bred-only/special moves]

Moo. gonna raise another zoroark to trade for a decent natured zeky [adamant, jolly, serious, docile, and other neutral natures are ok with me. preferably the first two though (Jolly would make me VERY happy though :D *speed freak*)]

... unless someone here wants a random-natured PKRS infected [may or may not be active] level 57-58 Zoroark with Night Daze, Extrasensory[bred-only move], Nasty Plot and Fake Tears... im gonna go through SO many zoroarks and zekroms... though i guess if i get one zeky trade through i cloud just enter the zeky that isnt the nature i want back into the GTS until i get one with a decent nature... that sounds like a better plan then raising hundreds of zoroark for nothing :\

unholy crap long post... ._.

Turns out that the Snorlax that my friend traded me had Pokerus. :V The Snorlax that he BRED. Like wow. I wonder how he didn't notice it. BUT IT'S MINE NOW, MUAHAHA.

Does anyone know if any Gen 5 pokemon can use the FEAR strategy? I love it because its good for laughs.

Does anyone know about registering two game cards on the same Global Link account? Do you get two separate files and two separate Dream World houses on the same profile, or am I better off making a separate account?

this

Does anyone know if any Gen 5 pokemon can use the FEAR strategy? I love it because its good for laughs.

Glanced through the Pokedex at each evolution family, it looks like the only one would be Archen/Archeops. Brb gotta breed my Archy tongue.gif

This is wierd.

Exactly a week after I caught my Shiny Fearow, I was walking along the Village Bridge, killing off the Pokemon there... and guess what?

I FOUND AND CAUGHT A SHINY GOLDUCK.

I might have this really lucky ID # or something... X)

started a trapinch hunt this morning, 58 eggs later a nughty green female came out to stare at me. its like the game is apologizing for the 800+ vulpix hunt i had in pearl.

D: I'm about 300 eggs into a shiny Zorua hunt. Anyone here live outside the US want to trade me a male zorua/zoroark? x3

Yeah, I'm hearing a lot about people encountering shinies in Black/White a lot more frequently. A friend of mine told me that after your first encounter with a shiny, the ratio goes up. I don't know if that's true for B/W, though (or if it's true at all x3).

started a trapinch hunt this morning, 58 eggs later a nughty green female came out to stare at me. its like the game is apologizing for the 800+ vulpix hunt i had in pearl.

You got a shiny Trapinch?! *turns green with envy*

I have a couple questions. As I understand it the best stat for Petilil is Sp.Attack. It is said Modest is the nature best for Sp.Attack.

My questions. When you go to the summery for a pokemon not in battle and look at its moves it gives you the current stats of your pokemon. Looking at those stats two are colored. One red and one blue. Which one is the hindered stat and which the benefited stat?

My wargle has a Modest nature but its Attack stat is at least 70 higher than its Sp.Attack stat. If Modest is supposed to hinder Attack and benefit Sp.Attack why is there such a big gap in favour of Attack instead of Sp.Attack?

EDIT:Gap not gag. Silly PS3 keyboard.

Edited by crazywargod

Blue lowers the stat while red raises. happy.gif And take a look at the bate stat Sp. Atk and normal Atk of these Pokemon for the answer to your second question:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pet...Pok%C3%A9mon%29

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bra...Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Oh, I see I see. I've never E.V trained before or really payed attention to stats and natures before.

does anyone have any suggestions if I should go with Sawk or Throh? Or any other fighting pokemon?

Im thinking if i should just go with Throh and ev train for attack or defense and hp ev train with sawk.

Other question, when can you leave two pokemon at the daycare for eggs?

^ Once you get the bike in Nimbasa city, then you can leave two pokemon at the day care.

Currently completing my pokedex for white version and the gen 5 section is pretty much done but I have ran into simi major problem, I need to get my hands on a shaymin.

Problem with that is the event ended quite some time ago.

Now the odds are that some one out there has a action replay or a good friend to trade with so some one must have/can get another one.

So if someone can help me out can you please hit me up for a trade on either white or dimond?

Thanks smile.gif

Ps and a bulbisar would be cool too smile.gif

Edited by padfoot

Oh, and btw, if someone really wants to check reshiram/zekrom's nature, BEFORE the game decides to save (you're taken on an unstoppable "roller coaster" series of events that you have no control. Therefore you never get a chance to have a breather and check your legends nature before the game forces you to save and launches into the end credits. In addition, during a battle, all they display for a pokemon is the stats. No nature.)

1. Go to pokemon.marriland.com

2. click "pokedex" under Black and White on the left side

3. search zekrom/reshiram in the search box

4. scroll to the very bottom of the page

5. select the nature that you want for your legendary (I'll just pretend that the nature you wanted is modest)

6. since modest increases sp. atk, look under the column "252 EVs, and under that, Max" (the column that has some numbers that are underlined with a dotted line).

7. look on the sp. atk. row and identify the number that corresponds with both the column and row.

8. hover your cursor over that number, and a number will pop up (exceptions with the HP stat.)

9. record that number (for the HP stat, just copy that number down)

10. If you don't care about IVs, then subtract 31 from the number that you recorded (in other words, recorded #-31=) and record the resulting number with the first recorded number. (same with the HP stat). The first recorded number is the number that appears if your legendary has a perfect 31 IVs. The second is the number that appears if your legendary has 0 IVs. If the stat that you want is within those numbers, then it has at least a nature that increases the stat that you want

11. perform the same procedure from 6-10 for the decreased stat, except that you look under the columns "0 EVs" and just record the "min" and "max" numbers on the row of the stat that you want decreased, except that there's no cursor hovering.

12. Catch your legendary and if it's stats fit your requirements, then congrats! you got your legendary!

tip: get a synchronizer, such as munna, musharna, elgyem, and beeheyem. either faint them and put them in front of your party or just send it in first and switch out right after. There's a 1/6th chance that your legend's nature is going to be the same as your synchronizer.

Another question. Does the synchronizer trick work with breeding too? Anything to make breeding that modest Own Tempo Petilil easier.

As far as I know, the only thing that can effect the nature of a bred Poke is the Everstone trick. I've looked around a bit to confirm that, and haven't seen anything about Synchronize working for eggs.

everstones also have a 1/6th chance of transferring the nature. I THINK you put it on the male, but I'm not sure. You'll have to double check.

But training items transfer IVs

ex: power anklet transfers the speed IVs of the parent to the offspring. Likewise, a power bracer transfers the atk IVs of the parent to the offspring. It doesn't matter what gender it's on.

everstones also have a 1/6th chance of transferring the nature. I THINK you put it on the male, but I'm not sure. You'll have to double check.

But training items transfer IVs

ex: power anklet transfers the speed IVs of the parent to the offspring. Likewise, a power bracer transfers the atk IVs of the parent to the offspring. It doesn't matter what gender it's on.

Female for the Everstone.

I barely understand E.V's let alone I.V's. You can try to explain them but as of now I'm ignorant.

I don't need to worry about the natures anymore. Just got a Modest natured Own Tempo abilityed Petilil. Not counting all the alternate ability Petilils and the Petilils with Own Tempo that weren't Modest with a nature I already had a Petilil of I hatched at the very least 18 eggs. I don't know the exact number but adding in the Petilils I released, over 200.