Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

I think a lot of people will be sad. But everything has an ending at some point. sad.gif

With the exception of Pokemon tongue.gif It will live forever (hopefully ohmy.gif )

Now, if there is a generation where it ONLY has new starters and the rest were new evolutions and pre-evolutions, theeeen I will think they are running out of ideas. tongue.gif But until then, I still have hope.

(I will probably cry whenever Pokemon finally does end, if it does in my lifetime. ;_______;)

I almost think that I better be dead before it ends... almost...

With the exception of Pokemon tongue.gif It will live forever (hopefully ohmy.gif )

What will live forever? I don't understand what you just said.

What will live forever? I don't understand what you just said.

Pokemon. They will realize that since so many people love it, they will keep it going. biggrin.gif

Pokemon will probably never grow old, even if they finally succumb to defeat and announce no more. Its just that good of a game smile.gif

Pokemon. They will realize that since so many people love it, they will keep it going. biggrin.gif

That's a worse fate than ending.

OK, it's just the way you worded your post confused me. I wasn't sure what you were talking about.

I kinda hope I'm still alive when it finally ends (just so I could see 'em all *shot*)

I also kinda hope they do re-release R/S... *is Nuzlocke'n Emerald right now*

I actually really like R/S/E :/

That's a good point.  Every one was/is hoping that Keldeo will appear in the 14th movie(s), so it could easily happen.  It just seems weird that they finally get a generation that most, if not all, Pokemon fans can love, and they rush through it just to get to the next one.  It brings to mind something Shigeru Miyamoto once said:  "A delayed game is eventually good.  A bad game is bad forever."  I just feel that if they rush into the 6th generation, they might just end up creating a bomb that will kill the franchise.

Well, a lot of people felt that Platinum and HG/SS felt more like unfinished prototypes of B/W, and you can tell that they focused way more on these games than they did on those games (which, while they were great games, the basic framework was already there and they were definitely playgrounds for features that would reach B/W). Doesn't make those games terrible or anything, but when you realize they weren't 100% focused on them...

And unfortunately, Gen 6 is going to be on the 3DS and will likely run on a completely different gaming engine than Gen 4 and 5. What this means is that we're being set up to fall into a Gen 1-2 trap (Gen 1 and 2 ran on the same game engine just like Gen 4 and 5. And just like the situation I pointed out above, Yellow has been seen as a playground for G/S, and in fact, some of the Yellow sprites had been advertized in a few screenshots of VERY early beta G/S). What this means is that as they finish Gen 5, they'll have to be working on Gen 6, meaning any features they add in Gen 5 will have to be replicated in an entirely new gaming engine (some of the possible reasoning as to why Day and Night and other Gen 2 features were entirely scrapped in Gen 3. They just couldn't replicate it in the GBA game engine in the time they needed). This leads to an issue of trying to get everything working on a new system while also focusing on getting Grey and the R/S remakes out, which will require new features (no one is going to be happy if Grey is just "Black/White with a Battle Frontier" (except maybe the people who skipped out on B/W)). If they can cut one of these projects out and shorten the Generation, they'll, technically speaking, have more time to finish the game engine and experiment with new features within that engine rather than playing keep up with features introduced in Grey or R/S.

Ideally, they'll be able to make this Generation long with few titles in it (They worked on D/P from 2003 to 2006, which was fairly long for making an engine, and as we know, the dead year (2005 in Japan, 2006 (the 10 year anniversary) elsewhere) kinda stagnated the franchise), but if they do that, fans will be irritated to have a 1-2 year break between generations. If they try to buy enough time to build the engine by adding more games into the generation, they run the risk of playing keep up with new features. So if they end this Gen quickly and focus more on building the engine and testing new features within the engine (since they can't demo them in a different engine) and give it the right amount of time, I think they could pull off having Gen 6 in 2013-2014 (in Japan). Do I want them to rush? Definitely no, but I think if they spread themselves too thin with Grey and the remakes, they'll run the risk of having a fairly bland Gen 6 that doesn't push the envelope in new features like previous Gens do.

I always have terrible thoughts of having Grandkids who are playing Pokemon games in the 25th Generation trying to catch over 2K monsters with like... hologram technology... and having them think that Pokemon that I like (Cyndaquil, Scraggy, Bulbasaur, Shroomish, Joltik, Espeon, Seedot, etc.) are "lame" compared to "Dodecahedragon" and other futuristic monsters...

-K-

Edited by Kamak

Well, a lot of people felt that Platinum and HG/SS felt more like unfinished prototypes of B/W, and you can tell that they focused way more on these games than they did on those games (which, while they were great games, the basic framework was already there and they were definitely playgrounds for features that would reach B/W). Doesn't make those games terrible or anything, but when you realize they weren't 100% focused on them...

And unfortunately, Gen 6 is going to be on the 3DS and will likely run on a completely different gaming engine than Gen 4 and 5. What this means is that we're being set up to fall into a Gen 1-2 trap (Gen 1 and 2 ran on the same game engine just like Gen 4 and 5. And just like the situation I pointed out above, Yellow has been seen as a playground for G/S, and in fact, some of the Yellow sprites had been advertized in a few screenshots of VERY early beta G/S). What this means is that as they finish Gen 5, they'll have to be working on Gen 6, meaning any features they add in Gen 5 will have to be replicated in an entirely new gaming engine (some of the possible reasoning as to why Day and Night and other Gen 2 features were entirely scrapped in Gen 3. They just couldn't replicate it in the GBA game engine in the time they needed). This leads to an issue of trying to get everything working on a new system while also focusing on getting Grey and the R/S remakes out, which will require new features (no one is going to be happy if Grey is just "Black/White with a Battle Frontier" (except maybe the people who skipped out on B/W)). If they can cut one of these projects out and shorten the Generation, they'll, technically speaking, have more time to finish the game engine and experiment with new features within that engine rather than playing keep up with features introduced in Grey or R/S.

Ideally, they'll be able to make this Generation long with few titles in it (They worked on D/P from 2003 to 2006, which was fairly long for making an engine, and as we know, the dead year (2005 in Japan, 2006 (the 10 year anniversary) elsewhere) kinda stagnated the franchise), but if they do that, fans will be irritated to have a 1-2 year break between generations. If they try to buy enough time to build the engine by adding more games into the generation, they run the risk of playing keep up with new features. So if they end this Gen quickly and focus more on building the engine and testing new features within the engine (since they can't demo them in a different engine) and give it the right amount of time, I think they could pull off having Gen 6 in 2013-2014 (in Japan). Do I want them to rush? Definitely no, but I think if they spread themselves too thin with Grey and the remakes, they'll run the risk of having a fairly bland Gen 6 that doesn't push the envelope in new features like previous Gens do.

I always have terrible thoughts of having Grandkids who are playing Pokemon games in the 25th Generation trying to catch over 2K monsters with like... hologram technology... and having them think that Pokemon that I like (Cyndaquil, Scraggy, Bulbasaur, Shroomish, Joltik, Espeon, Seedot, etc.) are "lame" compared to "Dodecahedragon" and other futuristic monsters...

-K-

That makes sense. If it allows them to work on the 6th gen games more by shortening this generation, then I guess it's alright.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Lucky D: I would have SRed for Articuno, only I had caught it before I realized the possibility even existed xd.png I think I tried for Zapdos like, five times, but then gave up because I don't really like shiny Zapdos. >>

Moltres is my favorite bird, anyways~ <3

I do, and I saw it once, only it was gone before I had a chance to get it x3 Besides, I think I'd really like to know if it was hacked or not.

I had a shiny Darkrai and Shaymin for a while, but then traded them for some other shiny I wanted... or something like that x3 I kind of regret trading Darkrai, but it was level 100 and I had a great feeling it had been hacked. Ah well.

I have the shiny beasts, of course, a hacked shiny Lugia, and a shiny Mew that I got off GTS. I suspect it's hacked, but it's from Hoenn, so for all I know they could have SRed forever after getting that Old Sea Map and then cloned the bejeebus out of it.

That's what I'm going to do once I get a shiny Charmander on Firered :V

Can't remember other shiny legends I might have; too many shines to count x3

Once I get Rayquaza, though, I'll try either for Mewtwo or Latias.

Anyways.

Shiny Axew must be mine.

I thought the GTS prevents non-legitimate Pokemon from being traded. Unless I'm mistaken, that means the Mew should be legit.

I attempted to SR for an Anniversary shiny Mew, but I had to pick up, if I recall correctly, Ash's Pikachu and had no more Wonder Card slots. I had tried for like 1200 attempts? {Don't have my paper in front of me with my tally.}

Not counting the Shiny Beasts and the Red Gyrados, I only have two other shinies: the Zigzagoon from the Ruby/Sapphire Berry Update and a Gligar that I came across in Pearl while leveling my team for the final gym battle.

I thought the GTS prevents non-legitimate Pokemon from being traded. Unless I'm mistaken, that means the Mew should be legit.

The GTS prevents most, but not all, hacks from being traded, I believe. I have gotten numerous things from the GTS only to find out they were caught at unrealistic levels in places they are never ever found in an unhacked game. This is why I'm always wary of Pokemon being traded at level 99 now (got a level 99 shiny female Feraligatr that was caught in Mt Silver cave...at level 99 |D). And if you count cloning as a form of cheating, there are quite a few Mews out there with the same OT also. Been through a few of those. x_x;;

Also, there was an anniversary Mew? DDDx

And how does one clone a Pokemon? I've never been clear on that...

The GTS prevents most, but not all, hacks from being traded, I believe. I have gotten numerous things from the GTS only to find out they were caught at unrealistic levels in places they are never ever found in an unhacked game. This is why I'm always wary of Pokemon being traded at level 99 now (got a level 99 shiny female Feraligatr that was caught in Mt Silver cave...at level 99 |D). And if you count cloning as a form of cheating, there are quite a few Mews out there with the same OT also. Been through a few of those. x_x;;

Every Snivy I try to get on the GTS ends up hacked >.< I refuse to breed any of the hacked Snivy (knowing it will be a hacked egg)

Every Snivy I try to get on the GTS ends up hacked >.< I refuse to breed any of the hacked Snivy (knowing it will be a hacked egg)

Eh, I just want to how cloning works, because I've heard about it but never really known anything much about it.

I can breed you a legit Snivy if you want. I'll just need to go catch a ditto, lulz, which shouldn't take too long.

The Emerald Cloning Glitch (Google should bring up plenty of guides for it) is the most popular, and it involves turning the system off before it saves. As long as you do it correctly, there's no harm done to your cart, however, I believe the worst thing that can happen is that your file has to go back to the last save... dunno if it gets any more major, but I've never heard of anyone formatting their save file from doing it.

However, I know there's a Gen 4 cloning glitch, but it's often much more risky and requires perfect timing...

Gen 5 so far does not have a known cloning glitch, and may possibly be the first Gen without ANY method of cloning without a 3rd party device.

-K-

Eh, I just want to how cloning works, because I've heard about it but never really known anything much about it.

I can breed you a legit Snivy if you want. I'll just need to go catch a ditto, lulz, which shouldn't take too long.

Thank you biggrin.gif I could give you a Ditto, I have plenty of them.

alot.png <== Just wanted to do that biggrin.gif

Edited by Brentakers

(knowing it will be a hacked egg)

lul what? it wont be a hacked egg unless its a unreleased dream world poke (ie female DW starters) or has an illegal move set (ie belly drum/aqua jet marill), other then that theres absolutly no difference between a hacked pokemon offspring and a normal one.

However, I know there's a Gen 4 cloning glitch, but it's often much more risky and requires perfect timing...

the gts glitch i used was completly safe, at worst a pokemon would get stolen, which never happened to me.

lul what? it wont be a hacked egg unless its a unreleased dream world poke (ie female DW starters) or has an illegal move set (ie belly drum/aqua jet marill), other then that theres absolutly no difference between a hacked pokemon offspring and a normal one.

I mean, I want it from a legit Pokemon.. I had always been that way xd.png

Edited by Brentakers

I can breed Snivy too!

By the way, here is a list of starters I don't have. I have everything else. I will trade anything I have for anything I don't have.

GEN 5: NONE

GEN 4: Turtwig

GEN 3: Torchic

GEN 2: Chikorita and probably todadile, but I will probably eventually get a todadile over GTS

GEN 1: Bulbasaur, but this has the same case as todadile.

I can also take other things for starters.

recent battle subway log

scrafty used hi jump kick! (lost half hp)

ampharos use thunder wave, scrafty was paralized!

ampharos used hypah beam! scrafty is at like 3 hp above half

scrafty used hi jump kick! miss, 3 hp remaining

ampy must recharge!

scrafty is paralized! it cannot move!

ampy used charge beam! dead scrafty

Darmatan used EQ! ampy fainted!

jolteon was sent out

Jolteon used thunder! darmatan fainted!

gyradose was sent out

jolteon used thunder! darmatan fainted!

what the hell? i love how unlucky i got in that (just an fiy to show the amount of BS present in the air, scrafty didnt heal in three turns with shed skin, missed a 90 acc move, and got paralized next turn, then jolteon connected two 75 acc moves twice in a row)

Edited by chipou

What I don't understand is how THAT made it through the GTS. Didn't someone try and explain to me the loopholes in GTS and how they let through pokemon that "seemed" legit from the game it was traded from?

Some example had to do with a level 99 Magikarp from Platinum could be traded (since it can be legitimately caught) but a level 99 from SS couldn't.

Edit: Oh, and I have a shiny Gengar just like that xd.png

. _. So....?

Oh, Crazy, I got a Mew for you. The only thing is, I'm more than sure it was a hacked, since it's trainer was "MYSTRY". I'm waiting to see if I can get a different one though from the anniversary, so that one might take longer.

Just wanted to let you know. ^^

Yeah, they had a wi-fi event a while back for a level 5 Mew. :<

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I recently obtained a pokemon I'm quite certain is hacked. I don't think you can catch a shaymin at level 100. Or can you? And it was shiny too, so that kind of made me even more suspicious.

@Chipou Thats pretty unlucky. I was at my 20th battle with my pokemon and I got stopped there because of my bad luck. My bad luck only appears when winning is important dry.gif

Just got a lvl 100 Dialga off the GTS It was caught at the spear pillar at level 70 (that is what level you catch it in platinum) for a lvl 100 Moltres biggrin.gif