Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

When I first connected to WiFi on my Black version, it registered my DS and Black version together.  If I were to get a new DS and tried to connect to WiFi with my Black version would it let me or do I have to use it on the DS it was originally registered to?  I ask cause I only have DS Lites and my router uses WPA, and if I were to get a 3DS I'd like to use my router instead of sneaking onto the router down the street from my house.

It should ask you if you want to register the Game to the new DS system. Meaning it will save the wifi settings so you can connect on that one.

Edited by Qualeo

If you register a Pokemon game on a new DS for Wifi, though, it'll erase your current friend codes.

I officially wish I hadn't transferred pokemon. It's not because I can't send them back. It's because of how they look.

They looked so much...nicer in the older games. Dx ESPECIALLY Arcanine. I think for some of the pokemon they reverted back to older sprites. sad.gif Arcanine, and Latios, just look...odd.

*sigh* At least Ho-oh looks sort of normal x-x And Rayquaza.

I've never really paid any attention to the pokemon sprites. Are some of them really that bad? I guess I'll have to look...

Good news and bad news. The good news is I got around to going to the frozen yogurt store and downloading my victory pass. The bad news is, I lost my wallet.....

Liberty pass you mean?

It should ask you if you want to register the Game to the new DS system. Meaning it will save the wifi settings so you can  connect on that one.

Thanks I wasn't sure about it.

If you register a Pokemon game on a new DS for Wifi, though, it'll erase your current friend codes.

You could always write them down and put them in again.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

Good news and bad news. The good news is I got around to going to the frozen yogurt store and downloading my victory pass. The bad news is, I lost my wallet.....

Sorry about your wallet =/

Hope you have better luck catching Victini then I did. I finally caught mine after 45 Great balls, 3 Ultra balls, 3 Dusk balls, 3 quick balls, and 3 timer balls. I was soo happy when i caught it xd.png

I officially wish I hadn't transferred pokemon. It's not because I can't send them back. It's because of how they look.

They looked so much...nicer in the older games. Dx ESPECIALLY Arcanine. I think for some of the pokemon they reverted back to older sprites. sad.gif Arcanine, and Latios, just look...odd.

*sigh* At least Ho-oh looks sort of normal x-x And Rayquaza.

meh, only sprite i think got below my expecations was gyradose, it definitly got the coolest sprite ever in HG/SS, then it goes back to the old style, i mean, why?

meh, only sprite i think got below my expecations was gyradose, it definitly got the coolest sprite ever in HG/SS, then it goes back to the old style, i mean, why?

Oh god I know D:

Same with Moltres! I can't believe they used that crappy sprite ; ^; HG/SS was so much prettier.

Oh god I know D:

Same with Moltres! I can't believe they used that crappy sprite ; ^; HG/SS was so much prettier.

Moltres looks so bleh now ;_; And it's shiny, no less Dx Whyyyy can I not send it back DDDx

@Qualeo: Yeah, some of them really are. :/ They used I guess an old version (or awful new version) of Arcanine I haven't seen before because the Arcanines I've seen /never/ looked like that T^T

@chipou: I don't know why they went backwards spritewise at all. :/ It doesn't make sense to me, since B/W are new games, they should new sprites -or- the newest versions of the sprites (the HG/SS ones). /cries

Moltres looks so bleh now ;_; And it's shiny, no less Dx Whyyyy can I not send it back DDDx

You have a shiny Moltres too? o: Ours should have a playdate~! =D

I really don't want to send Moltres over to Black, but... I like Black so much better as a game.

v _v /sigh of resignation

@Infinis

I just looked up the Arcanine sprite. You were right. I really don't like it at all D=

But there are some decent pokemon. I think Moltres looks fine, but thats my opinion.

on the bright side atleast, atleast slaking isnt picking his nose anymore.

just looked up arcanines sprite, it isnt to bad tbh, its better then D/P atleast

Edited by chipou

I was disappoint that they reverted Espeon back to the D/P sprites. It was so much more elegant looking in HG/SS.

Not a fan of the chunky, broken looking tail.

But eh.

In other news, I love the entralink music, and I hang out there just to listen to the track.

@Murder

I think the Espeon sprite in Black and white actually looks nice. It looks a bit cuter then the Hg/SS sprite.

The Arcanine sprite just looks boring. its not doing anything special,just standing up straight. In some of the other games, like Diamond, it was crouching down. I personally like when a sprite isn't just standing up.

You have a shiny Moltres too? o: Ours should have a playdate~! =D

I really don't want to send Moltres over to Black, but... I like Black so much better as a game.

v _v /sigh of resignation

Mine's hacked though lol. And it's only lvl 60. /assumes playdate means battle I has a shiny articuno in black if you want to do that. o3o

You're right Qualeo, it's not so bad, it's just that it's a sprite from Firered and LeafGreen. sad.gif They went backwards in sprite quality, and Moltres looked so nice in my SS version.../gripes lol

Oh well, Imma have to deal with it. *sigh* At least the Eeveelutions seem okay. (Though Jolteon is now...more "eh" than it was in SS.)

Gah, I can't get onto Wi-Fi and I had TONS of eggs I wanted to give away, PLUS Ditto I still need to give to people sleep.gif

Also, what's a good nature to give a Hydrigeon?

@Qualeo: Yeah, some of them really are. :/ They used I guess an old version (or awful new version) of Arcanine I haven't seen before because the Arcanines I've seen /never/ looked like that T^T

@chipou: I don't know why they went backwards spritewise at all. :/ It doesn't make sense to me, since B/W are new games, they should new sprites -or- the newest versions of the sprites (the HG/SS ones). /cries

Well, they've been working on B/W since before D/P was released, so they probably used the D/P sprites as a base guideline for animated sprites. The ones they didn't like got replaced with their Platinum counterparts, and then were further replaced with the HG/SS sprites, with a few (like starters) made entirely new just for B/W.

If they had taken the time to make entirely new sprites, they'd have to throw away all of the work they did to make the older sprites animated (and all of the work done to make decent backsprites), plus, if they made the new sprites before they made the HG/SS sprites, then they'd run the risk of releasing BETTER new sprites before the slightly older ones were released. If they waited until after HG/SS to make the sprites, they'd be spending even more time just making new sprites for older Pokemon that weren't going to factor into the game until much later (This is probably why a lot of Kanto Pokemon look like censorkip.gif in R/S (NidoF and Rattata especially)... they didn't care about making them look good because they weren't going to really make an appearance).

So rather than spending a massive amount of time to make new sprites and diagram how they would be animated, they used the beta sprites they already had on hand, and did whatever tweaks they needed to, thus allowing them more time to focus on adding new features rather than giving nearly 500 mons a facelift...

So while it does sorta stink to see some old sprites that may not be our faves (I really don't like Rayquaza since it looks like the 3rd Gen sprite that I hated), it makes sense from a practical standpoint that they'd have to focus work redoing all of those sprites (or updating them to HG/SS when they felt they were perfectly fine they way they were) for Pokemon that really wouldn't impact a game that's focus is to "restart" the franchise.

I'd say wait for the Grey or the R/S remakes to give facelifts to even more Pokemon, where these games will probably give a bit more focus to old mons...

-K-

Pokemon Grey? I heard that the pokemon people said that game was not really coming out huh.gif

Mine's hacked though lol. And it's only lvl 60. /assumes playdate means battle I has a shiny articuno in black if you want to do that. o3o

-le gasp-

D: Maui (Moltres) is offended for his hacked brethren. But he accepts the offer from Articuno. (Maui is very arrogant, but only takes challenges he knows [or thinks he knows] he can win xd.png)

Haven't transferred him yet though, since I haven't been able to get my hands on my other DS for a while. My friend's using it to play Diamond.

/pets Maui

D: I want shiny Articuno~

Pokemon Grey? I heard that the pokemon people said that game was not really coming out  huh.gif

It hasn't been announced yet, and a GF employee stated that "Gen 5 would be a short Generation", which led fans to think B/W were the only main titles in this Gen, but Matsuda had come out afterwards and said that he didn't know what the employee was talking about and hinted at the very strong possibility that the tradtions in the Pokemon series would be intact (meaning, we're probably going to get Grey, though the R/S remakes may be a bit of a stretch).

-K-

Edited by Kamak

Shiny legendaries. Oh how I envy you who have them xd.png

Actually I do have one, though I don't know if its hacked or not. Shiny Japanese Kygore. Just got it today smile.gif

I SRed for Maui for like, two weeks xd.png Got him during vacation in Maui, thus, his nick name x3

It suits his sunburned appearance.

I've been trying for shiny Rayquaza for like, ever D:

I have almost two box fulls of shinies acquired by myself and through GTS, hurr~

-le gasp-

D: Maui (Moltres) is offended for his hacked brethren. But he accepts the offer from Articuno. (Maui is very arrogant, but only takes challenges he knows [or thinks he knows] he can win xd.png)

Haven't transferred him yet though, since I haven't been able to get my hands on my other DS for a while. My friend's using it to play Diamond.

/pets Maui

D: I want shiny Articuno~

My shiny articuno is the only one of my three shiny legendary birds that -isn't- hacked. And Moltres I got via the GTS. x_X I used my brother's DS to transfer mine. x3

I hope there's a Grey o3o And an R/S remake. I am tired of digging out my GBA to play Emerald x-x

@Qualeo: I have so MANY. lawl And your shiny Kyogre is one of the few I'm missing lol. Grats >3

@Hazeh: Hunt the GTS for them. That's how I got my two. :U

Edited by Infinis

user posted image

Pretty much my favorite animooted sprite of B/W. Aww, yeah, moving flames.

And yeah, like Kamak said, both HG/SS and B/W were being developed at the same time, hence why some features are missing from B/W. The missing features like some sprites, following Pokemon, PC system, etc will most likely be in Grey, or if not, then the possible R/S remakes.

Edited by brokenglass