Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

OMFG YAY SHINY THUNDURUS.

8D

I put up a level 55 ditto for trade for any Thundurus (since mine does not want to be caught @____@) and I got back a level 100 shiny Thundurus!

/happy

Now all I need is the other one from my Black version and I can Landurus or whatever it is. x_X

Obviously hacked

How is it obviously hacked? :U It was caught at level 40 on a route like normal. And it's more than once I've seen people trading shinies for stupid things, either.

But still. Shiny. I'm still happy with it. :U

And I finally got off my butt and found Cobalion. Blarg. I kind of don't like it...I like Virizion much better. And somehow I was tempted to name my Virizion "Verizon" |D Now just to go get Terrakion. :3

AGH

Finally won that stupid game. Got Espeon. Though, this game is weird on my computer... Wondering if there would be a way to check if it was saved or not...?

Yeah, if it's shiny then that Thundurus has a good chance of being hacked.

'Course, if it's legit, then maybe high leveled Ditto are more valuable then I thought? blink.gif

I read on Gamefaqs the games don't take too kindly to anything that isn't IE. dry.gif Played the Puzzle game on FF and it didn't save my high score or anything, but I was able to buy stuff from the shop, so I guess the site is just odd like that.

._.

How do we check if it saved our Eeveelution choice?

/still happy with shiny

Is there a way to send pokemon from previous pokemon games to Black/White WITHOUT using the dang poke transfer thing? :< There are items I want to send over from SS.

Nope. Other than the Relocator for the special Celebi and the Shiny Beast Trio, the Poketransfer is the only way. I know how you feel though, I'd love to be able to transfer items as well. I finally get a Soul Dew for the Lati-twins after six or seven years of waiting and I can't even send it over to my Black and White versions.

@ Ali'i Makani Pahili: Try playing the game again. If, at the start, it tells you that you've already saved an Eevee ev to your account, then it's saved it, if not, you have to play it again until it does.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

...Maybe the GTS will work. x_X Send some pokemon over via the poke transfer, trade for the remaining ones in SS via the GTS. Dx It's really stupid that you can't transfer the pokemon with items...I have a Soul Dew myself as well as Enigma berries I want in B/W ;~;

I wish items could be sent

I spent so many games saving up items (masterballs, rare candies, etc) and now they are stuck permanently in my SS :c

*sadness*

Just made it to unity tower. Amazing. I thought it would be a battle place. Glad I'm wrong.

How is it obviously hacked? :U It was caught at level 40 on a route like normal. And it's more than once I've seen people trading shinies for stupid things, either.

But still. Shiny. I'm still happy with it. :U

And I finally got off my butt and found Cobalion. Blarg. I kind of don't like it...I like Virizion much better. And somehow I was tempted to name my Virizion "Verizon" |D Now just to go get Terrakion. :3

Why would someone spend time soft resetting to get a shiny Thundurus, and then trade it for a lvl 55 Ditto, which can be had in mere minutes without even trading? Not to mention, why would they bother leveling it up to level 100 (you think it's legit -- so conclusively, it'd be for no personal gain)?

And it's been caught with a master ball, right? It's the only pokemon in White worth using it on, and you think they just gave it up?

The chance for a shiny is like 1/8000. I've never seen one still. lol

People aren't that generous to total strangers.

Why would someone spend time soft resetting to get a shiny Thundurus, and then trade it for a lvl 55 Ditto, which can be had in mere minutes without even trading? Not to mention, why would they bother leveling it up to level 100 (you think it's legit -- so conclusively, it'd be for no personal gain)?

And it's been caught with a master ball, right? It's the only pokemon in White worth using it on, and you think they just gave it up?

The chance for a shiny is like 1/8000. I've never seen one still. lol

People aren't that generous to total strangers.

You underestimate the possible generosity of people. Some people just do things on a whim too.

You underestimate the possible generosity of people. Some people just do things on a whim too.

If I say it's white, you'll say it's black. No point in arguing any further.

If I say it's white, you'll say it's black. No point in arguing any further.

lolwut?

Just for starters, who is arguing? TWO posts isn't a small chat let along an argument.

Edited by crazywargod

*blinks* ...Wait, didn't this thread just have an argument a few pages ago? blink.gif Why are we having another one?

Anyway, if it's legit, something that rare just wouldn't be handed over like that, Crazy. Anything valuable in Pokemon is hoarded for bragging rights, and good trading fodder, so the Pokemon is more then likely hacked, especially if it's level 100.

...Though if we really want to get to the bottom of this, Infinis could always go over to Gamefaqs or Smogen and ask a hacker to look over the Pokemon. happy.gif

Those people have the proper tools and know how to get into the guts of a Pokemon's data, so they'd be the best way to find out for sure.

*blinks* ...Wait, didn't this thread just have an argument a few pages ago? blink.gif Why are we having another one?

Anyway, if it's legit, something that rare just wouldn't be handed over like that, Crazy. Anything valuable in Pokemon is hoarded for bragging rights, and good trading fodder, so the Pokemon is more then likely hacked, especially if it's level 100.

...Though if we really want to get to the bottom of this, Infinis could always go over to Gamefaqs or Smogen and ask a hacker to look over the Pokemon. happy.gif

Those people have the proper tools and know how to get into the guts of a Pokemon's data, so they'd be the best way to find out for sure.

You severely underestimate the possible generosity of people.

I'm not saying this pokemon is NOT a hack. Not at all. I'm just saying it's not OBVIOUSLY a hack.

lolwut?

Just for starters, who is arguing? TWO posts isn't a small chat let along an argument.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. From her post, it seems like she had no interaction with the person besides the trade. Obviously anyone should be skeptical of that.

argue: To put forth reasons for or against; debate

She responded once to me, I responded back telling her why, and then you come in to have your say on it.

Don't you agree that what you just told me is highly unlikely?

No, it's still friendly.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. From her post, it seems like she had no interaction with the person besides the trade. Obviously anyone should be skeptical of that.

argue: To put forth reasons for or against; debate

She responded once to me, I responded back telling her why, and then you come in to have your say on it.

Don't you agree that what you just told me is highly unlikely?

No, it's still friendly.

Except you used argue as in heated discussion.

I'm guessing Infinis used normal GTS. While not impossible, it is extremely hard to send a hacked pokemon through GTS.

Nope. Unlikely? Yeah, definitely (with an I, not an A). I wouldn't say highly though. Just the fact the difficulty of hacked mons through GTS is high raises the chances of it being legit.

Then you don't account for a person's capacity for generosity or just plain ol' whims. People can do crazy things on just a whim.

I'm not saying it's legit. Just not OBVIOUSLY a hacked mon.

Except you used argue as in heated discussion.

How so? I said, "If I say it's white, you'll say it black. No point in arguing any further." If someone is being argumentative, it doesn't mean the discussion is necessarily heated.

I'm guessing Infinis used normal GTS. While not impossible, it is extremely hard to send a hacked pokemon through GTS.

Why do you say that? Google is your friend. It indicates that it's not hard.

Nope. Unlikely? Yeah, definitely (with an I, not an A). I wouldn't say highly though. Just the fact the difficulty of hacked mons through GTS is high raises the chances of it being legit.

The fact that it's level 100 raises a big red flag, and the rest of what I said earlier does so too.

Then you don't account for a person's capacity for generosity or just plain ol' whims. People can do crazy things on just a whim.

I'm not saying it's legit. Just not OBVIOUSLY a hacked mon.

I find it comical that you say I'm 'severely' underestimating the generosity of people, yet you nitpick what I said earlier about it being obviously hacked.

Doesn't that sound argumentative to you?

This time, I'm dropping it, since it's not something I'd like to go on about.

If I remember correctly, Thundurus and Tornadus both have their values set at the beginning of the game like all other roaming mons, which would mean you'd have to go through the entire game to find out if it is Shiny or not, and you can't SR for one, you'll have to restart the file. Combining that with the fact that it was raised to Lv. 100 (which is very hard (but not impossible)), and traded for a simple Ditto from someone they didn't know...

I'm more inclined to believe it's hacked. I'm not going to say for sure that it is, but the circumstances seem a bit too fishy... unless the person REALLY hated the shiny...

-K-

How so? I said, "If I say it's white, you'll say it black. No point in arguing any further." If someone is being argumentative, it doesn't mean the discussion is necessarily heated.

Why do you say that? Google is your friend. It indicates that it's not hard.

The fact that it's level 100 raises a big red flag, and the rest of what I said earlier does so too.

I find it comical that you say I'm 'severely' underestimating the generosity of people, yet you nitpick what I said earlier about it being obviously hacked.

Doesn't that sound argumentative to you?

This time, I'm dropping it, since it's not something I'd like to go on about.

The term is debating not arguing. VERY different.

If it was level 1 that would be a big red flag. Level 100 is at least possible to get the particular pokemon at. I'm not saying it's a legit pokemon. I'M JUST SAYING IT ISN'T OBVIOUSLY HACKED is all. My point. Straight up no other points or hidden messages.

Severely and obviously are two very different words though I admit it wasn't the word I should have chose.

Google isn't always right. Look back through this thread. Multiple people have pointed out the problems with hacked mons through the GTS.

Go ahead, as long as I got my point across, I don't care.

If I remember correctly, Thundurus and Tornadus both have their values set at the beginning of the game like all other roaming mons, which would mean you'd have to go through the entire game to find out if it is Shiny or not, and you can't SR for one, you'll have to restart the file. Combining that with the fact that it was raised to Lv. 100 (which is very hard (but not impossible)), and traded for a simple Ditto from someone they didn't know...

I'm more inclined to believe it's hacked. I'm not going to say for sure that it is, but the circumstances seem a bit too fishy... unless the person REALLY hated the shiny...

-K-

Really? I never played the past games, so I didn't know that about the roaming ones.

The term is debating not arguing. VERY different.

Arguing is a common term used in debates. When you are stating the facts of a side of a debate, you are setting up your argument, and when you defend your argument, you are arguing. Yes, the term generally has negative connotations nowadays (mostly because of the "arguing" going on in political/heated debates), but both terms are equally valid, and neither automatically indicates any aggression/emotional overlay in the discussion.

But otherwise, you're arguing (gasp! ANGER?) the semantics of Alpha's opinion on the matter. They believe it's hacked... does it really need discussion? Just let it go...

And about this:

As long as the Mon you hack is identical to one that can be found legally in the game (said to be encountered at the right level, in the right location (So no Kyurem on Route 1)), you can trade it, and it's not that hard to hack a legal mon, especially a legend that has set levels/location.

So while the game sees it as "legal", it doesn't change the fact that it was hacked into existence, which for all intents and purposes makes the Pokemon itself hacked even if it's completely indistinguishable from a normal Pokemon...

And of course this means you can't be sure about anything you get from online... Chances are common mons won't be hacked (since it's too much trouble), but I'd look out for the people offering Zekroms for Panpours.

-K-

If I remember correctly, Thundurus and Tornadus both have their values set at the beginning of the game like all other roaming mons, which would mean you'd have to go through the entire game to find out if it is Shiny or not, and you can't SR for one, you'll have to restart the file.

I tried it out. lol I never got Tornadus, even though I did everything else. The values are the exact same, so you're right. They're just like the other roaming pokes.

@ Ali'i Makani Pahili: Try playing the game again. If, at the start, it tells you that you've already saved an Eevee ev to your account, then it's saved it, if not, you have to play it again until it does.

sdasdfsafdgffd

I've been playing this game for so long. ;A; And now I have to do it again. /wrist