Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

i hate the GTS i was lookin for some good pokemon and some retarded japanese dude gave me a magikarp egg for a low lvl bug the guy was an idiot but oh well least i got it to evolve into a gyarados lol funny a magikarp will learn tackle at lvl 17 and i thought magikarp cant learn any moves cept splash lol they love to screw with us huh

WAIT. GTS doesn't let you trade eggs over it. Unless you used the negotiation (which is like regular trade).

You can trade eggs over the GTS...? Also, why would you trade for a magikarp when you can buy one for $500 on marvelous bridge? AAAAAND, magikarp can learn flail and tackle, but you can't teach it any TMs or HMs.

Someone said earlier that protect is pretty much useless except for getting your foe's PP down, but it's also good to have during double battles, especially if you want to use earthquake or surf and don't want to hurt your own pokemon.

Edited by Blood-Otherium

Someone said earlier that protect is pretty much useless except for getting your foe's PP down, but it's also good to have during double battles, especially if you want to use earthquake or surf and don't want to hurt your own pokemon.

Haha So true. I had my Haxorus use Earthquake. Oops...

Edited by Alpha1

You can trade eggs over the GTS...? Also, why would you trade for a magikarp when you can buy one for $500 on marvelous bridge? AAAAAND, magikarp can learn flail and tackle, but you can't teach it any TMs or HMs.

No, you can't. Regular GTS trading tells you yo can't trade eggs. I've tried it.

In negotiations however you can. Because negotiations is just like regular trading except you don't need friend codes. (Also tried it)

demonyero said they got a magikarp EGG. They didn't get a magikarp on purpose.

you cant trade eggs on the gts because nintendo knows noone wants patrat eggs, itd be to....random what youd get.

nah, protect is useful for stopping two turn attacks, slakings, and pp draining, then abusing lefties made better.

While we're on the subject of eggs, can you transfer eggs through the Poketransfer or does it have to be fully hatched Pokemon?

you cant trade eggs on the gts because nintendo knows noone wants patrat eggs, itd be to....random what youd get.

nah, protect is useful for stopping two turn attacks, slakings, and pp draining, then abusing lefties made better.

That makes a lot of sense. I can just imagine the trolls.

And there are alternatives (such as Levitate and Telepathy) to prevent friendly fire. Plus, that's in the realm of double battles... Protect should be more useful for single battles aswell (especially since it was introduced in Gen 2, before Double battles came about, so it wasn't designed to be only useful in Double battles (like Helping Hand)). As I said earlier, it's just a bit baffling that I can use protect to stop Solarbeam on the second move after it charged, but if I use it on an attack that needs a recharge turn, they skip the recharging. This means if I'm against a mon that's spamming Hyper Beam, I can only defend from it as long as Protect holds up (usually 2-3 times at most), which weakens the startegic value of Protect. For all intents and purposes, the Dragonite I faced DID shoot off a Hyper Beam at me... it just didn't hit. So to me, it'd make more sense to have that Pokemon be weak for a turn, giving me the chance to strike back. It will also weaken the somewhat faithful following that the recharge moves have garnered as a fast-hitting almost assured OHKO.

So really, for 1v1, Protect is only good for Toxic, Running out PP, and missing obvious attacks (like Fly or Dig). Beyond that, there's even a move to break through Protect, but because Protect is used so sparingly, that hardly sees use... If you make Protect more useful and pertinent, maybe Feint would see more use as a legitimate move in the metagame...

-K-

And there are alternatives (such as Levitate and Telepathy) to prevent friendly fire. Plus, that's in the realm of double battles... Protect should be more useful for single battles aswell (especially since it was introduced in Gen 2, before Double battles came about, so it wasn't designed to be only useful in Double battles (like Helping Hand)). As I said earlier, it's just a bit baffling that I can use protect to stop Solarbeam on the second move after it charged, but if I use it on an attack that needs a recharge turn, they skip the recharging. This means if I'm against a mon that's spamming Hyper Beam, I can only defend from it as long as Protect holds up (usually 2-3 times at most), which weakens the startegic value of Protect. For all intents and purposes, the Dragonite I faced DID shoot off a Hyper Beam at me... it just didn't hit. So to me, it'd make more sense to have that Pokemon be weak for a turn, giving me the chance to strike back. It will also weaken the somewhat faithful following that the recharge moves have garnered as a fast-hitting almost assured OHKO.

So really, for 1v1, Protect is only good for Toxic, Running out PP, and missing obvious attacks (like Fly or Dig). Beyond that, there's even a move to break through Protect, but because Protect is used so sparingly, that hardly sees use... If you make Protect more useful and pertinent, maybe Feint would see more use as a legitimate move in the metagame...

-K-

This. I've never taught my pokemon protect for the reason it is pretty much useless.

My shuckle says other wise, it rapes anything that laughs at it, thinks it can hurt it....ofc...that doesnt stop it from getting raped by reunicles and siglyphs..... dry.gif

My shuckle says other wise, it rapes anything that laughs at it, thinks it can hurt it....ofc...that doesnt stop it from getting raped by reunicles and siglyphs..... dry.gif

....Your pokemon really need some anti-rape gear. If there are any moves that actually entitle rape, it's leech seed. The text definitely implies the action of rape.

Oh, no doubt. I NEVER teach my pokemon protect outside of the colsseum games. It's basically worthless.

Getting back on topic, there are A LOT of bridges in Unova. I think my favorite is village bridge.

How often do people show up for GTS Negotiate? First time using it, and it's already boring me. Nothing is happening. I got all terms set to 'any kind' and still nothing picks up.

Is it because I lack more data on my Dex?

How often do people show up for GTS Negotiate? First time using it, and it's already boring me. Nothing is happening. I got all terms set to 'any kind' and still nothing picks up.

Is it because I lack more data on my Dex?

Don't think so. Here. I'm getting on now. Same settings (I hope). Do we meet?

Still picking up nothing, it's been like this for minutes.

I'm guessing this ties up with the Dex as I have not yet seen most of the off regions 'mons yet.

Still picking up nothing, it's been like this for minutes.

I'm guessing this ties up with the Dex as I have not yet seen most of the off regions 'mons yet.

Are you T.J?

No. laugh.gif I'm using my alias name, Bryan.

I'll just go battle some trainers from on the East side. I have yet to explore half of that region.

No. laugh.gif I'm using my alias name, Bryan.

I'll just go battle some trainers from on the East side. I have yet to explore half of that region.

I got some guy named T.J...

We could do a rendezvous. I want to try that. We'd have to exchange friend codes first I think.

Alright, if you insist. *updates sig* Find my FC there.

Just text. I'll come up with something creative later. tongue.gif

EDIT: Scratch the 'Bryan' alias name, it's actually 'Alex'. I was thinking of my HG name. tongue.gif

Edited by Sombreon

Alright, if you insist. *updates sig* Find my FC there.

Just text. I'll come up with something creative later.  tongue.gif

EDIT: Scratch the 'Bryan' alias name, it's actually 'Alex'. I was thinking of my HG name.  tongue.gif

'Kay. I think we need to meet via Wi-Fi club first. Possibly trade but I'm not sure.

*looks in booklet*

Yes, we need to trade first.

EDIT:It's fine if you don't want to. I... Oh hello Alex tongue.gif

Edited by crazywargod

Aww, I was going to ask for a battle with you right after. Even though my team is on their 70s. xd.png

Aww, I was going to ask for a battle with you right after. Even though my team is on their 70s.  xd.png

Yeah min are only 50 or so but okay. Let me get my team. *scattered in pc because of raising*

Two 70's

EDIT: If you couldn't tell, I don't go down without a fight tongue.gif

Edited by crazywargod

Ehehehe, great game. ^^

I feel like I cheated on you though for the team I used against you were was my HeartGold team. My Black team are all in their 50s.

If you want another rematch, I can do so. Just ask and I'll use my Black team this time.

EDIT: You were good though, left me standing with 2 left. Even for a bunch of 70s.

Edited by Sombreon

Ehehehe, great game. ^^

I feel like I cheated on you though for the team I used against you were was my HeartGold team. My Black team are all in their 50s.

If you want another rematch, I can do so. Just ask and I'll my Black team instead.

Naw it was fair. I'm proud. Against a team of 70's I didn't do to bad.

Any high levels you don't want tongue.gif I'll take em. *shot repeatedly*

Naw it was fair. I'm proud. Against a team of 70's I didn't do to bad.

Any high levels you don't want tongue.gif I'll take em. *shot repeatedly*

No way, this team of mine were caught by me personally. Any high levels I carry are mine and mine alone. It took A LOT of effort in catching them legitimately and training them to where they are. Not hardcore training such as EV training, no. I'm more of a casual player such as yourself only I got a more unique way to express it. cool.gif