Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

I used Noire's Dragon Claw to get Hydreigon's HP down some, then after Dragon Pulse fainted Noire, I sent out DJ so he could start Brick Breakin' and Hi Jump Kickin' the scales offa that thing. *nodnod*

@Catty: Neato. I caught Virizion on my first Ultra Ball, I think. Or maybe it was a Dusk Ball... Either way, it was the first ball I threw. Cobalion took one SR to get, and Terrakion took like 3. DX Even then, it ate half my Ultra Balls, a fourth of my Timer Balls, and all of my Dusk Balls.

I have like this quick question. The game supposedly has all four seasons. I thought the game's seasons would vary depending on the date set in your DS. The date I'm using is obviously our current date, so by now, it should be spring. My game has been on Autumn season since I started the game. I tried changing the date of my DS, and it still remains on Autumn season. Now, even though Autumn is my favorite season of all, I'm already getting tired of looking at it in my game.

What about you guys? Is your black/white game on autumn season too?

The seasons are set depending on the month.

January is spring, February is summer, March is fall, April is winter, and then it starts all over again. And even if you change the date, it MIGHT work, but it will take a while to change. So I suggest not doing that. :/ (It also messes up White Forest and Black City.)

Oh ok. That was a very quick answer. No worries. I left my DS date on the current date and haven't changed it since. Thanks for the info. :3

It's not fair that Braviary can't use Roost. Although, I personally choose my team from how they look rather than anything else...

And yeah, my Black game is on the autumn season. Hopefully it'll change soon.

Well there's your problem! ;P Lawlsers.

I prefer to hit hard and soon, OHKOing my opponents. Not wasting moves, getting hit, just to boost my pokemon or lower theirs.

I prefer to hit hard and soon, OHKOing my opponents. Not wasting moves, getting hit, just to boost my pokemon or lower theirs.

Well yeah, that works if you have Pokemon that are fast and that have high attack and/or special attack. c: Not much else.

But, you said you had trouble with the E4 (N and Ghetsis too?). Instead of grinding, why didn't you try a different strategy? It probably would've made the process quicker. Grinding is a HUGE pain, after all.

I mean, I used to do the same thing. Only attack moves and what not. But then after a while, I saw that it wasn't efficient. There IS a reason for defensive moves. That's how some NPCs are difficult.. they either have a Pokemon that has STUPIDLY high attack/sp. atk with only offensive moves or moves that raises its attack/sp. atk even MORE, or have a Pokemon that is all "LOLOL *STUN SPORE/HYPNOSIS/TOXIC* *REST* *DETECT/PROTECT* *OTHER STALLING MOVES GO HERE* *SOME SILLY OFFENSIVE MOVE* *ETC ETC ETC* LOLOLOLOL".

And really? The latter is way more difficult and annoying than the former. So imagine if YOU have a Pokemon like that.

One Pokemon seems to be extremely popular in-game. Lilligant with Own Tempo and Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance, and.. Mega Drain or Leech Seed, I think. I've heard that it can destroy just about anything. :V

I think it's a mouth guard since he's supposed to be a boxer or something xd.png

Pretty sure it's supposed to be that yeah, but that doesn't explain why it's so... form-fitting.

One Pokemon seems to be extremely popular in-game. Lilligant with Own Tempo and Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Petal Dance, and.. Mega Drain or Leech Seed, I think. I've heard that it can destroy just about anything. :V

That can be blastedly annoying... until I just switch in with reliable old Chandelure and BURN EVERYTHING. Bless that evil lamp.

But yeah, status effects can be very useful. Attract (since most of the NPC's Pokemon are male) + Thunderwave = Haha, you're slow and can't move!

Edited by FireAndTongs

Well yeah, that works if you have Pokemon that are fast and that have high attack and/or special attack. c: Not much else.

But, you said you had trouble with the E4 (N and Ghetsis too?). Instead of grinding, why didn't you try a different strategy? It probably would've made the process quicker. Grinding is a HUGE pain, after all.

I mean, I used to do the same thing. Only attack moves and what not. But then after a while, I saw that it wasn't efficient. There IS a reason for defensive moves. That's how some NPCs are difficult.. they either have a Pokemon that has STUPIDLY high attack/sp. atk with only offensive moves or moves that raises its attack/sp. atk even MORE, or have a Pokemon that is all "LOLOL *STUN SPORE/HYPNOSIS/TOXIC* *REST* *DETECT/PROTECT* *OTHER STALLING MOVES GO HERE* *SOME SILLY OFFENSIVE MOVE* *ETC ETC ETC* LOLOLOLOL".

And really? The latter is way more difficult and annoying than the former. So imagine if YOU have a Pokemon like that.

Hmm? I rarely see an NPC use status affects on your own pokemon although I did have Victini, so Liligant always went down 1-2-3. The only ones that really did that were those stupid fungus guys who appeared as fake item holders.

Protect and all the other moves were either useless (I'd KO them on the next attack) or just annoying, since they would just prolong the inevitable. However, sturdy was one of the most annoying abilities in the game because they would attack afterwards. Druddigon was annoying, but none were close to being a threat. Hardly a diversion.

Leaving more slots for offensive moves will also help you do more super effective damage against more pokemon. With some combinations, you can have like 13 types covered.

I like Chandelure and Haxorus (good for physical attacks and a lot better than Rampardos). It's a shame though that Hydreigon has ONE more speed point than him. You know there's something wrong when a point in speed is the deciding factor for who wins. xd.png

They totally troll'd Kyurem. laugh.gif

I love using status effects in online battles and stuff... don't really have much of a purpose for them outside of that though (besides paralysis (So I can outrun speedy censorkip.gif***s) and sleep (dream eater + shell bell is an awesome combo for Musharna), of course). I don't find Poisoning to be very effective because I'm not a major walling fanatic... but I do enjoy a good Toxic/Facade combo with Milotic... (it's what helped me beat Lucy in the Battle Pike in Emerald... along with freezing her Milotic for literally 20 turns... didn't think that was actually possible... or that the "Hax Frontier" rules wouldn't make it thaw immediately).

I've also recently taken a shine to Stealth Rock (I'm not a big fan of Spikes or its successors), and if I had thought of it, I should have probably used it on Ghetsis with his Hydriegon to cut some of its health down...

I will say that one of the mons I was so surprised with for how great a movepool it had (coupled with an awesome ability) was Ferroseed/Ferrothorn. I can easily see that becoming a major part of the metagame if there's a way to lessen the fear of fire types (being paired with a Rain Dancer should do well).

I fear for the day when someone uses Mold Breaker on Archeops...

I do wish Protect would be more useful rather than a way to drain PP... I mean, I think if the opponent uses a move they need a turn to recover from (Hyper Beam, the Elemental Beams, etc.) they should still have to rest the next turn even if I protected (After all, that's how it works with Fly, Solarbeam, etc.), and it's not like they DIDN'T attack, they still lost the PP, which indicates they attacked with the move, but you just didn't get hit, so the Pokemon should theoretically recuperate the next turn. This would be a brillaint way to use Protect, as it would hamper the possible ideas of just using one move to OHKO a mon. After all, you aren't going to use Hydrocannon on a full health Gigalith, but now you have to worry about whether you can Hyper Beam a Pelipper or not...

-K-

Edited by Kamak

Oh, when I brought up Lilligant, I meant for your own Pokemon. I don't think I've met an NPC with that kind of Lilligant. XD

And trust me. If you battle competitively (and possibly even with friends), you'll want some defensive moves. :V But if you only battle in-game.. well. I guess you don't NEED defensive moves. BUT THEY SURE ARE HELPFUL. And will definitely make the battle go faster if you know what you are doing.

And trust me. If you battle competitively (and possibly even with friends), you'll want some defensive moves. :V But if you only battle in-game.. well. I guess you don't NEED defensive moves. BUT THEY SURE ARE HELPFUL. And will definitely make the battle go faster if you know what you are doing.

Indeed... my favorite Uber mon to use is a Speed Deoxys with Calm Mind... which not only makes up for its terrible Sp. Def (in relation to its other stats) but also makes its Sp. Att monsterous... And if I can use the Item Shooter in online battles to heal Deoxys, you have a fast hitting Special sweeping wall ramming right at you.

Beyond that, again, I love Dream Eater combos, especially with Musharna because she's got some really decent stats...

-K-

Oh, when I brought up Lilligant, I meant for your own Pokemon. I don't think I've met an NPC with that kind of Lilligant. xd.png

Yeah, not a competitive gamer. It's not that I won't USE them, I just won't TEACH them USUALLY. I'll keep them to attacks even. Just depends on which I'm comparing.

I actually whooped ghetsis, N was the tricky one. The E4 was a problem but not that big of a problem. It was only because of their stats too.

In the end of it all I had used 20 full restores and 10 revives. I only used 20 full restores because of the fact I healed my pokemon after every battle.

I've also recently taken a shine to Stealth Rock (I'm not a big fan of Spikes or its successors), and if I had thought of it, I should have probably used it on Ghetsis with his Hydriegon to cut some of its health down...

Except Hydreigon has the Levitate ability, so it wouldn't have worked...

Edit: E4 was an absolute breeze for me. N's Zekrom gave me some trouble, but I had a relatively easy time with the rest of his team.

Ghetsis's Hyrdreigon just about took out everything I had, I had to keep using a bunch of max revives so I wouldn't lose xd.png

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

im pretty sure levitate doesnt effect SR, just Spikes and Toxic spikes.

finnaly got a pokemon capable of learning fly in emerald nuzlocke, take that stupid wurmples and numels!

Except Hydreigon has the Levitate ability, so it wouldn't have worked...

Edit: E4 was an absolute breeze for me. N's Zekrom gave me some trouble, but I had a relatively easy time with the rest of his team.

Ghetsis's Hyrdreigon just about took out everything I had, I had to keep using a bunch of max revives so I wouldn't lose xd.png

I had another dragon with dragon and bug type moves so his Hyrdreigon was a sinch.

Are you going to continue your awesome story.

Huh, nevermind then.

Edit: Yeah, I had Haxorus and Reshiram, but that Hydreigon beat my Hax in speed and killed it with a dragon pulse :/ Can't remember why Reshiram died earlier, but I revived it and was able to overcome that damed dragon with a Dragonbreath x3

And now I'm EV training a bred Deino x3

Erm... maybe. I have a lot of other things I'd rather divert my attention to, though. >>;

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Anybody need pokerus for EV training? I ended up finding it last night from the infielders in the stadium.

I would really like it o3o

Oh, Meh, Gawd. you mean to say the professionals need to get checked D:....

anyways i almost finished my all bug team, just need to get a few lefties/life orbs (which im begging random people for atm).

gotta say shuckle is really turning out better then i thought, it killed an empoleon by simply stalling its hydropump out (it was scarfed, and i traped it with wrap, or should i say....Rape?) and the thing killed itself...although things with that ability that nulls non attack damage continue to decimate it...

I would really like it o3o

Anything you want it to come over on? Zorua? Starters?

Huh, nevermind then.

Edit: Yeah, I had Haxorus and Reshiram, but that Hydreigon beat my Hax in speed and killed it with a dragon pulse :/ Can't remember why Reshiram died earlier, but I revived it and was able to overcome that damed dragon with a Dragonbreath x3

And now I'm EV training a bred Deino x3

Erm... maybe. I have a lot of other things I'd rather divert my attention to, though. >>;

Okay. Just curious.