Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

I remember that episode, Lady XD

SWITCH. OMG, TWINSIES. <3 Everything you just said in that post came like, right out of my head. ._.

/dying

I wasn't a huge fan of bug types until fifth gen. Before I would be like, "yeah that design is cool, but omg so weak" and I never used bugs (though I'd always be excited running into a scyther). I started liking Spinarak after writing this silly fan fiction, but I never used it much. But when I first laid eyes on Scolipede...Well I probably cried or something, but holyfriggincow did I fall for that bug. I had already put my B&W team together before the games came out, but when I learned about Scolipede I rearranged the entire thing to have it on my team.

WHICH IS A BIG DEAL FOR ME OKAY. ._. Since I started using Scolipede, I've used Ariados, Galvantula, and Escavalier.

But I still like dark and fire types more. c8

ASDDFGHJJKLL; FRIENDLY TWINSIE FRIEND <33

I love fire-types too! ;w; I equally love Dragon and Fire type, and my third favorite is Flying.

Another type of Pokemon I wasn't really into until Gen V is Electric Types. I have bad memories of getting constantly paralyzed and beaten up by every single Electrike I came across in Route 110... I really dislike Pokemon that are all about status infliction, and Paralyze only seems to kick in when it is the least convenient for me. ;n; I kind of liked Luxray, but I didn't play D/P too much, and of course Raikou is a boss but he was probably the only one I really really liked.

Then I saw Zebstrika, Galvantula, and Zekrom and then instant love. <33

And I remember that episode too adpsonfosdid I have it on VHS ;3;

Edited by Switch

ASDDFGHJJKLL; FRIENDLY TWINSIE FRIEND <33

I love fire-types too! ;w; I equally love Dragon and Fire type, and my third favorite is Flying.

Another type of Pokemon I wasn't really into until Gen V is Electric Types. I have bad memories of getting constantly paralyzed and beaten up by every single Electrike I came across in Route 110... I really dislike Pokemon that are all about status infliction, and Paralyze only seems to kick in when it is the least convenient for me. ;n; I kind of liked Luxray, but I didn't play D/P too much, and of course Raikou is a boss but he was probably the only one I really really liked.

Then I saw Zebstrika, Galvantula, and Zekrom and then instant love. <33

And I remember that episode too adpsonfosdid I have it on VHS ;3;

Fyyyuuuhhh! 8D I've always loved Fire-types. Rapidash has been my favorite all through Pokemon's existence, heh. <3 I really like dragon types too! I think they're badass (and yes, Rayquaza is muh favorite legend ;w; ). However I really fell in love with Dark types. There's just something so alluring about them <3 So now Zoroark almost-kinda competes as absolute fav with Rapidash, with Houndoom a solid second and a buttload of others in third |D

...Except I really like electric types too |D Especially Manectric, ahahaha. I love her because her special offense is amazing and giving her Flamethrower is one of the best things I ever did. <3 (Plus her shiny is AWEEESOME) Blitzle/Zebstrika totally won me over for fifth gen when it first came out. I might have shed tears of joy then, too, now that I think about it. >> And yeah Luxray was pretty cool! I really like his design. And I really wanna squish-hug a wittle fuzzy joltik ;A;

I'm really sad Raikou didn't get his own movie, he's my favorite legendary beast. v_v Entei and Suicune did, and Raikou just got two "special" episodes. /sadface

The only type I had really ever disliked was Bug types, and while I'm not an adamant fan, I'm now quite pleased with a few of them (namely Scolipede <3). I think the only other type I don't really use/like much is Grass. S' too weak. Breloom, Torterra, and Leafeon I believe are the only grass types I like to use.

OH WAIT SAWSBUCK. I LOVE SAWSBUCK. <3333 eeeeee~

I also really like Normal types. ._. I finally (FINALLY OMG) caught a Skitty in my restart of Emerald and she...omg, so BOSS.

More good news on Keldeo:

"This event will be distributed in the UK in GAME and Gamestation stores from September 1st 2012 to October 11th 2012 for Pokémon Black & White."

Firetypes where always my favorites (has a charizard on desk biggrin.gif) as charmander was my very first pokemon from red version all the way back when.

I do like electrics though. Always been a fan of raichu (have one somewhere in my room).

And yes, getting electrics to learn things like firepunch is great.

(actually any pokemon getting to learn a move that would take an opponent off guard is great).

Hey, guys! Guess what?! cool.gif I finally completed that living Pokedex I mentioned a while back! Traded a Mewtwo to a guy in Brazil for a Rayquaza and traded said Rayquaza to a guy in CA for White's exclusive cloud Pokemon roamer.

Now all I need are the three yet unreleased creatures, and I'll be done. happy.gif

Edited by Gamekatt101

Looks like Mew is going to win the power bracket.

At least it's an event pokemon D: (not so thrilled because there was a mew event not all that long ago, at least in the DS era)

*secretly hoping that they'd be extra generous and release a shiny mew for distribution*

Though since it'll have a hottopic event, anyone really want to wear a mew shirt (assuming that it'll get a shirt). I think rayquaza would look cooler on a shirt. Though people my age would probably get all nostalgic about a mew(considering those of us in our 20's are all Pokemon the First Movie goers).

Also, Keldeo in one week! Anyone else excited to get it?

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'm really excited if it'll be Mew xd.png I'll admit, the first gen legendaries are like.. my top favorites, and it'd be nice to have the Mew duo. And I'd totally wear a Mew shirt tongue.gif

And I'm extremely excited for Keldeo ^^

By the way, in the trading department: I've still got that shiny Raikou, as well as a lv 100 Metagross, and a lv 5 (probably hacked, but it hasn't caused problems or anything) shiny Jirachi I'm looking to unload for anything interesting. I also seem to have a rather good pair of Pikachu, they've produced offspring with high potential, with one having a perfect Speed stat and the other having perfect HP.

I'm playing White at the moment- level grinding my 'Chosen Ones' all up to level 40 before I challenge the Dragon Gym, especially my twin Vanillites Soft Scoop and Avalanche. I might try and catch Cobalion soon, but I dunno if I have good enough Pokeballs... Does anyone trade for/know how I can get Master Balls, you know?

I caught Cobalion with a Great Ball. You just need to really weaken it and keep throwing all sorts of pokeballs at it. I think I went through at least 30 before I caught it.

You get the master ball a little further from where you're at. I think you get it from someone after defeating all the gym leaders. Not positive, though.

If memory serves me, the master ball you get from Professor Juniper after obtaining all eight badges.

And eeee I'm so excited for the Keldeo release. 8D

Right now I'm grinding for the Elite Four. I have some type disadvantages though so I'm going to overlevel myself a lot. ;w;

Also, can I get Cobalion already? I just realized I have both flash and surf. o-o

Edited by Switch

Have any of you ever purposefully caught a legendary in a 'themed' pokeball?

Example:

Zekram in a Luxury Ball (it's black! user posted image)

Reshiram in a Premier Ball (it's white! user posted image)

One of them if I recall right I managed to catch first time (after depleting most of its hp and put it to sleep) and the other took me a couple resets (I was that diehard).

I don't think I did that for any other pokemon but I think if I ever go through a game again I'll theme the pokeball for them where I can.

You also get a Master Ball from the guy in shades in Calistea (probably spelled wrong) City if you've traded 50 times over GTS/GTS Negotiations.

I've got a spare one that I'm never going to use because of it xd.png

Example:

One of them if I recall right I managed to catch first time (after depleting most of its hp and put it to sleep) and the other took me a couple resets (I was that diehard).

I don't think I did that for any other pokemon but I think if I ever go through a game again I'll theme the pokeball for them where I can.

I try to catch regular Pokemon with themed Pokeballs that match their color scheme, but honestly I have horrible luck with legendaries and very little patience. ;w; So I just spam the most powerful ball I can get.

Edited by Switch

I lied, it was a timer ball user posted image for Reshiram.

Most everything I catch is in an ultraball because I'm lazy like that. My two roaming genies are in quick balls. Any wild legendary that was lv 70 or higher is in the master ball.

I also have an origin forme giratina in a dusk ball and I'm pretty sure I did that on purpose (it's been a while)

Wooo, I got the three legendary musketeers. Now I just need to wait for the Keldeo Release! 8D *giddy* Then after that, Black/White 2. 8D

I managed to get Cobalion and Terrakion on my first try with Dusk Balls, got them down to 1 hp. Verizion I reset a few times cuz I kept accidentally KO'ing him. >_>; Scolipede/Epsilon was like 8D Criticalhitcriticalhitcriticalhit

I named Cobalion, "Kobalt", Terrakion, "Brun", and Verizion, "Verde."

Edited by Switch

Oh yey. This is just awesome. KO'd Verizion and automatically saved the game sleep.gif epic fail on my part.

Oh yey. This is just awesome. KO'd Verizion and automatically saved the game -_- epic fail on my part.

Verizion does seem to enjoy being KO'd, doesn't he? :L I must have restarted like four or five times on account of it.

Good news for you then -

If you beat the Elite Four again, any legendary Pokemon you KO'd reappears.

(For this generation of pokemon only though)

I seem to remember KO-ing Verizion also. I think it was the weaker of the trio then.

Oh, that's sweet. owo I didn't know about it. I haven't permanently KO'd any legendaries yet so far, but that's good to know.

And yeah, I looked it up and apparently Verizion has the lowest defense stat of the Musketeers, so that probably explains it. His Sp. Defense is higher but most of my moves are physical... plus he had a type disadvantage to most of my team (flying/fire.)

Edited by Switch

Example:

It wasn't on purpose, but, one of my play throughs of Fire Red, after I caught the legendary birds I was going through my PC and noticed I caught Zapdos in an Ultra ball, Articuno in a Great ball, and Moltres in a Pokeball. o_O

I've never caught a legendary in a themed pokeball, but I do try to do it for regular pokemons.

I caught my Zebstrika in an ultra ball, my Druddigon in a great ball, and I tried to catch Rufflet in a great ball but he was like NO D:

Can't think of any others atm...

About to go for my first round at defeating the Elite Four. I'm going to train my team up a little more, but right now:

Cobalion // Level 60

[strength, Retaliate, Iron Head, Sacred Sword]

Porygon // Level 55

[signal Beam, Recover, Thunderbolt, Psybeam]

Audino // Level 51

[Flash, Take Down, Echoed Voice, Secret Power]

Pidove // Level 40

[Fly, Air Slash, Roost, Quick Attack]

Oshawott // Level 35

[scald, Surf, Water Pulse, Waterfall]

Leavanny // Level 35

[slash, Cut, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf]

I'm hoping to train Pidove upto Level 51, so it can learn it's final move, then evolve twice. I might try the same with Oshawott, but I don't know yet. Same with Leavanny. I've breezed past the last two gym leaders without a problem so...

To anyone who was following the power bracket competition... Mew is the winner, and the downloadable prize pack will be available starting September 6th.

Sweet. cool.gif I love Mew, so I might just be getting that shirt after all.

Oh, and I caught both my Zorua and Reshi in a Premier ball. Everything else just gets an Ultra ball chucked at it, and the old B button, plus down on the D-pad trick. (Yes. I know that doesn't actually work, but old habits die old, ya know. tongue.gif)

Sweet. cool.gif I love Mew, so I might just be getting that shirt after all.

Oh, and I caught both my Zorua and Reshi in a Premier ball. Everything else just gets an Ultra ball chucked at it, and the old B button, plus down on the D-pad trick. (Yes. I know that doesn't actually work, but old habits die old, ya know. tongue.gif)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who still does that! xd.png

*still hoping for a shiny mew* I still feel a little ripped off that we didn't get the shiny rayquaza for pokemon conquest like Japan did (then again, they get a lot of cool events that no one else gets D:). They need to make up for it by giving us a shiny mew (won't happen, but one can be hopeful).

I like everything about cobalion except for his awkward pose. The one bent leg just looks really weird in the static sprite (Thank goodness for animated sprites now!)

Ohey thread, I haven't posted here in ages.

Probably because I haven't played my White version in ages.

Recently picked it back up and resumed training my 'mons.

Trying to get everyone up to at least 80 before I challenge the Elite Four again.

Team:

Pidove

Snivy

Roggenrola

Joltik

Litwick

Axew

All at level 75 so far.

Yeeah, I picked up a habit of not letting my Pokemon evolve because of adorableness in some of them. I didn't let my Diamond team, SoulSilver team, or HeartGold team evolve either. This team, Joltik wins the adorable prize.

QUESTION TIME:

I've never done it before so...if an unevolved Pokemon hits level 100, it won't be able to evolve permanently? (Except for those who use items or need to be traded or whatever, I think.)

I'll let them evolve eventually, but I'm afraid I'll forget and get them all to level 100 without evolving. -.-

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili