Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

Can't wait! I've been looking forward to this for a long time (like many others), and of course my collector's side is looking forward to the figures from Gamestop... but is also dissatisfied because Toys R Us is giving out wall clings. Grrr can't get em all D=

Oh, so GameStop's giving out figurines? I don't even know if they're giving stuff out, or if they are, what it is... I've heard everything from wall clings to figures to nothing at all. D|

because they gave it an 7.5 (which is still pretty good mind you) Gamespot sucks? this just means two things

one) pokemon has a very high standard

two)the rating system is censorkip.gif up when a 7.5 is considered bad

its not like they said it was horrible or anything

anyways cant wait till sunday.

It's more the fact that any major PS3 or 360 game is pretty much guaranteed an 8+ on their site (and they've had a nasty habit of rating lemon games high and having it revealed that they were paid for the score). I mean, if they were a magazine/site that was affiliated with the company (like Nintendo Power is) then I could understand that the scores would be a bit biased, but Gamespot presents themselves as an unbiased news group and refuses to hold any system/company higher than the others.

Yet they take points away from Pokemon and Mario because it's "too similar to previous titles" while saying "This new Halo game doesn't bring much new things to the table, but it's still a perfect 10".

Plus, there's the fact that they drooled over the PSMove but snarked at the Wii's "waggle controls" even after the system came out and was a hit, and that they accused Nintendo of "cashing in on a gimmick" over the 3DS when we only had a two sentence statement on the system.

Again, there's a difference between professional skepticism and speculation and "Hey, just wait 6 months and the 3DSi will come out".

The biggest thing that just irritates me isn't just GS hating on Nintendo. I've dealt with Sonytards before, and they're fairly easy to ignore... but the problem is when they're presenting their opinions as being "unbiased", then they're doing their members a disservice by presenting information in a way where games on one system are being percieved as lower quality than the ones on another console, even if the games have the same apparent flaw.

It's just great hypocracy in a place of authoritative power that may help convince players what games are worth their time and money, and frankly, this isn't the GS I used to use around the time of Gold and Silver to get information.

And 7.5 on GS usually amounts to "It's kind of plain... fans are going to buy it anyways because they're idiots, but you might find some amusement out of it."

Games aren't deemed "good" until they reach 8-8.5, and 9+ games are those that you shouldn't be caught dead without.

It's basically like how grades work in school... everything below 7 is just death...

EDIT:

Defeating gym leaders earns you badges, which make it easier to control higher-level Pokemon that you've gained via trades and allow you to challenge elite trainers later in the game. Certain leaders also introduce you to one of two new battle modes: Three-versus-Three and Rotational. Three-versus-Three mode is as it sounds, pitting three of your Pokemon against three of your opponent's Pokemon.

This is seriously research failure... Bordering on rating a game they didn't play... :/

-K-

Edited by Kamak

As far as I know, Toys R Us will be the one distributing Wall Clings. As for GameStop; I'm not sure.

There is that Liberty Pass download available via WiFi during launch so don't miss out on that.

Edited by Sombreon

Right... Can you download the Liberty Pass upon turning the game on for the first time? Cause, you know, I want it and everything, but I don't see us making a return trip to Lexington if you have to be at a certain point in the story. :/

need to get to sleep so I can get a bus to the mall for the tour.... but too excited about chance to buy a plushie.....

@panic

Available from March 6th through April 10th via WiFi.

Sorry, should had rephrased my sentence so it's not referring to Gamestop. *goes back and edits last post*

And I'm guessing the option to connect to WiFi will already be available once you enter the main menu section. Either way they gave everyone enough time to download it.

Mall tour is still weeks away for me. My state is dead last on the cite list. dry.gif

Right... Can you download the Liberty Pass upon turning the game on for the first time? Cause, you know, I want it and everything, but I don't see us making a return trip to Lexington if you have to be at a certain point in the story. :/

From http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/ :

Also, you can download the Liberty Pass as soon as you begin playing your new game, but you'll need to reach a certain point in the game before you can use it to catch Victini.

3 hours into Black and I found and caught a shiny Lillipup 8D

I love Pokemon black so far, the battle system and moving sprites are amazing biggrin.gif

Edited by bluesmudge

3 hours into Black and I found and caught a shiny Lillipup 8D

I love Pokemon black so far, the battle system and moving sprites are amazing biggrin.gif

Envyyyyy. Shiny Lilli is one of the ones I really want. Male or female?

so.... I have money for plushies, a book to read on the bus, my DS, and a chingling in my pokewalker. Anything else I should bring with me to go to the mall tour?

Edited by Layn

Envyyyyy. Shiny Lilli is one of the ones I really want. Male or female?

It's a male smile.gif I hope you'll be successful and find one biggrin.gif

Hoping to get white soon since I really want a Braviary.

I don't know, its not the score really, its that those "details" aren't insignificant.

Anyways, I want your guys input on something. If I pre-ordered both games from Amazon, is there a chance I will get it early? How much of one? Late? I don't know what my best or worst case scenario should be.

I don't know, its not the score really, its that those "details" aren't insignificant.

Anyways, I want your guys input on something. If I pre-ordered both games from Amazon, is there a chance I will get it early? How much of one? Late? I don't know what my best or worst case scenario should be.

That all depends, are you in America? If you are, then not a chance. I remember when I pre-ordered my Platinum version from Amazon, I got it nearly a week after it was released. I was on edge for days. dry.gif

depends on shipping, if you got the free shipping it can be anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks. if you payed for the good shipping expect it in 1-2 days.

Personally, I won't get it now, maybe, let's say, next year, but the names in the french version are awful! (and I can't play in english...)

depends on shipping, if you got the free shipping it can be anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks. if you payed for the good shipping expect it in 1-2 days.

That sucks -is in america-

really expect it in one week. unless they ran out or something it shouldnt be too long. it did take me 3 weeks to get other m though....

Won't be long until we Americans get the game. <3

My mom told me that it will be released at midnight at our Wal-Mart. So me and Zach (bf) will be going over there and flippin' about it. (Good thing I saved my $50 gift card and have a 10% discount.) Zach's poor sister will be neglected on her birthday. XD *pats her*

I preordered both (like always...) and can't wait for tomorrow! tomorrow's when I get it, when it comes out... USA... if you wondered.

I just got back from the mall tour. It was fun, but the lines were long. I got Zekrom, Zorua, and Oshawott plushies, and I won a Tepig stylus.

Replying to TwilightMoonDragon from previous thread;

Yeah, rub it in. D:<

LOL no jk I like Europe. ^^

ACK IT COMES ON SUNDAHHHH.

Well, on Saturday I'm going to the mall tour... oh! Get White. Cooler Pokemon.

And I don't know why people are complaining bout the Pokemon appearances. They're cool. Most of them. VERY interesting. They're not running out of ideas, they're just wanting to make it more "strange and interesting".

I just got White! :3

It's pretty cool, although the zooming in and out is going to give me seizures someday..

My team!

Snivy

Blitzle

Woobat

Sandile

Litwick

Cubchoo

And seriously.. EVERYONE has Lillipup! 8l

Wait... Lillipup is the one who evolves into Stoutland or whatever, right? OMG TOMORRRROOOOWWW. I want Sandile~