Are there any rules about that type of thing anyway? xd.png

And you'd have to include that lesbians would be effected too, and bisexual. LOL wrong thread for this discussion. tongue.gif

Don't think so... it's part of the actual RPing experience, I would guess.

I play D&D. Always as a Dwarf, which has become something of a standing joke now. Perhaps my favourite incarnation was a fighter with a *very* low intelligence that couldn't count, and would drink anything that wasn't nailed down.

Currently I'm running a Fighter/Dwarven Defender cross class. Which should also tell you I'm using the 3.5 edition rules wink.gif

I haz been lured here.

I am a Halfling Bard. But I've been DMing several high Exp. games.

D&D=Awesome.

Walden university in IRC, Devrey on here... hm.

But why a stripper? Like, does she gain skills at all based on that... class? o___O

Well, it literally went like this:

*ring ring*

Me: Hello?

DM: I know you're going to be mad, but... We're starting a new campaign, you want in?

Me: *totally mad that we're not continuing the game we started a month ago* Yeah, sure. I want a dragonborn stripper-bard.

DM: Done.

Me: Wait, what?

DM: See you at 8. *click*

My DM made me put four ranks in acrobatics(? might have been a similar skill), I had to put nothing less than a 14 in Dex, and a 17 in Charisma.

The only benefit I got was when the group would reach a medium-large sized town/city(and have down time) I could roll to see if I found employment then roll to see how much money I made.

Your conversation with spyro76 made me lulz.

Well, it literally went like this:

*ring ring*

Me: Hello?

DM: I know you're going to be mad, but... We're starting a new campaign, you want in?

Me: *totally mad that we're not continuing the game we started a month ago* Yeah, sure. I want a dragonborn stripper-bard.

DM: Done.

Me: Wait, what?

DM: See you at 8. *click*

My DM made me put four ranks in acrobatics(? might have been a similar skill), I had to put nothing less than a 14 in Dex, and a 17 in Charisma.

The only benefit I got was when the group would reach a medium-large sized town/city(and have down time) I could roll to see if I found employment then roll to see how much money I made.

Your conversation with spyro76 made me lulz.

Wow xd.png. I had to laugh. We have just barely started our first real world, although we did a few stand-alone dungeons before. This world is... interesting. It is completely flat and is in a giant gold birdcage.

Our characters already have employment. We were promised a job if we cleared a nearby valley from monsters. We got extra for weedkilling! I drove the last few monsters off with setting a bunch of grass on fire. One of us was pretty mad at me though, because the grass smelled good.

Gross and funny at the same time. The grossest thing I have ever done was rip a hobgoblins throat out with my quarterstaff (I roll double twenties, so my dad, who was DMing, had to be gross about it.

I am running a 4th edition campaign that I'm writing myself.

Since the party is currently out of money due to rezzing fallen party members, they plan to earn it by either prizefighting or arena battles. Their idea, not mine, and I found it unendingly hilarious so I want to roll with it. I'm looking forward to next session. However we probably aren't going to get to play again until April.

Hubby coded a lot of useful tools for me, such as a monster generator and XP calculator. Much <3 for him. I can put in that I want a level 7 Elite Brute with high damage output and it prints out all the stats I need. Then I can add said monster into an encounter, and easily calculate the encounter's level based on party size. So handy. I can focus more on making the encounters fun and interesting rather than number crunching.

4th ed feels a bit dumbed down at first, but IMO it flows much better. It is much simpler to DM and for new players to get into -- there is a lot less stuff to track and calculate. However I am speaking from low-level experience as we have not yet gotten into paragon or heroic tiers. Either way it doesn't seem too terribly different in terms of mechanics.

As one of the old folks on the boards here, I've been playing some version of D&D since 1985. I usually play clerics or bards, although I did run a multiclass mage-thief for a year or so back in the late 1990s.

I'm a member of the RPGA, and both played and DMed the Living campaigns at big events such as Gen Con and Winter Fantasy, again, back in the late 1990s and very early 2000s. Then having a toddler kept me away from the cons for a long time, as I couldn't always leave the munchkin with relatives but sure couldn't take her with once she was old enough to wander away if I was otherwise occupied.

More recently, I was co-owner of a gaming store. Sadly, we had to close a month or so back, but we're still keeping on with the store campaign, holding it in our home now.

Always had fun playing D&D. Anyone else here read Order of the Stick cartoons? (D&D comic, set in edition 3.5.)

My brother and I don't play D&D on the PC but we have D&D as board game instead. It is fun!

yeah I play that too with some friends

the board game is so awesome biggrin.gif

The thing is, whenever I say "Hey, I got D&D!" Someone is bound to say "What system do you play it on?".

As fate would have it I may have stumbled onto a group from one of my courses. So yay!

Anyone else here read Order of the Stick cartoons? (D&D comic, set in edition 3.5.)

Yes, yes I do and it is funny as hell. Anyway right now I am playing a halfling rogue who is chaotic neutral, which of course means I get up to lots of shenanigans.

Yes, yes I do and it is funny as hell. Anyway right now I am playing a halfling rogue who is chaotic neutral, which of course means I get up to lots of shenanigans.

Aren't chaotic Neutral charatcers a good idea to do pretty much anything because 'it seemed like a good idea at the itme'? Always fun.

Gotta say, though, that I've had some of the most fun going with lawful evil characters. I ran one.... good ten years back now I reckon. Absolute *butcher* of males that got in his way, yet he had a 'code' about women and children. Wouldn't say a bad word to them. He used to give sweets to the urchins if the party was ever in a town.

I haven't played in years! I used to play, back when I was in college. Back then I always ended up with the elf chick who did cleric stuff. I'd love to play again now, and just have a blast with a half-orc with an intelligence of like, four whose main interest is smashing things.

I am the only character in my group who currently isn't chaotic.

We have two chaotic neutrals, two chaotic goods, and me. Pure neutral.

Played yesterday for the first time. Immensely enjoyed it. I got into a game with lvl 8 and 9s. Picked up one of their friends characters that can no longer play, changed the name and gender. Played as a druid-cleric cross-class. I think, although I didn't see any cleric skills. (not that I would be overtly aware of cleric skills anyways). Our DM was so pissed. At lvl 8 we got through 149 or the boss' 169 HP. In one round. And we proned, dazed, wind prisoned and marked him. The DM was just like... huh.gif

LOL censorkip.gif YEAH I PLAY FOR LIKE TWO YEARS.

My characters: (Ignore the Sacrier, I made up races and classes)

Humanoid Spirit; Blood Sacrier

Shifter; Shaman

Eladrin; Warlock (Or Sorcerer, the ones with the magic tricks)

Wow I had too much I can only remember those. I soon open a Warlord Dwarf, or maybe Human or Dragonborn?

I play on Handbook 1, sometimes 2 when I can. I'm in a class with my friends~

Edited by Fella

I made a class up recently. Needs a few adjustments. Its based on a magical "daemon". Originally supposed to be based on daemons from the golden compass, buuuuut now its very different. My characters a human and currently has 22 gold pieces, all of which came from a mini dungeon we did to test out characters. The class needs a few tweaks though, its not right for a level one character to have a cheetah following them, even if the have an 18 in the classes main ability. We have just recently started a D&D club. I had a few friends playing it with me but then I learned a friend from school played as well and we started a club.

You know, I have extreme luck rolling skills. I thought I had maxed out with an 18 and no negative modifiers, but now my character has an 18 and no below average modifiers. Its awesome. Although, mary sue much? And she has a tragic back story, although it does include some character development. And her daemon's scores, I forgot to mention, are all 15. I only roll three though, as it shifts. Oh well, I like her. She's cool. And scared of society xd.png. And pretty much everything. I'm glad for her my friend is a paladin. They are at least trustworthy. She was almost in a party with two rouges. Now just one xd.png.

You know, I was thinking about my druid. She must be very pretty. She is actually quite blunt and a little rude, but has a 17 in charisma.

Edited by -platinum-draco-

D&D version 3.5 ftw

After 3.5, Pathfinder is even more fun. I love some of those feats in the advanced player's guide! biggrin.gif

I helpede my little sister make a character today. She is a gnome-ranger named Ninji Everwoods. Ninji is because my sister and I were talking about the color of the word ninja.

Oh yeah, she has 100 goats.

The other day, with my Eladrin Fey-Pact Warlock, I rolled a natural one. Confirmed it. And was forced to... mate... with a succubus who wanted my first born son because he is a child of prophecy. This is the quote I found on that critical fumble:

"A Succubus begins to follow your character around, under the impression that your character’s first-born male child will become a nexus of power so great, that he’ll rule the world, and she wants to mother him for a seat of power. If the Succubus is successful, then exactly 1 year later, she tracks down the character. The child was born female, and the Succubus is mad as hell."

I guarantee the group won't be strong enough to take on the succubus in a year, we're only lvl 2 right now. So yea, a year from now (in-game), guess what's going to have to happen again.

What the hell would you call a half-fey half-devil creature? And how should my pompous Eladrin warlock handle that?