So, um, how many of you guys play Dungeons and Dragons?

*Raises hand* I had been interested in it for a while, and finally got it for Christmas. May or may not have topped the pokemon games, the fuzzy blanket, and the hundred dollars. Anyways, I play with my sister and my friends (both friends go on the forum, and I wouldn't doubt one of them will be lured here).

I'm an elf druid. My sister is an elf wizard, and my friends are a half-elf sorceress and a halfling bard.

So, um, do you play? What are your characters? Is this game not spectacularific (new word, and I have a feeling qwe will be lured here. Que, if you are reading this, record it in the dictionary)?

Woooooooooooooo!

I've only played a few times IRL, and me and a few friends tried to set up an online campaign of sorts. It didn't really work out.

I'd love to get into D&D except it looks too complicated for me, and I don't have the money to invest in something that I can guarantee wouldn't pay off since I don't have any IRL friends to play with.

I played a lot in college and I join a game now and then these days when friends put together a campaign. I'm rather fond of druids, but some day I think I'd like to try something that doesn't use magic.

I've played D&D a few times, mostly 2nd edition and 3.5. Never tried 4th edition. 2nd edition has some of the most fleshed out worlds/settings out of any RPG system that I've played. *<3 Planescape and Forgotten Realms* I have a weak spot for multiclass fighter mages. smile.gif

I've also played a wide variety of other systems as well (Call of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Savage Worlds, ect). There are a number of awesome systems out there and not all of them in the fantasy realm. smile.gif

Would LOVE to play. However, none of my friends are nerdy enough to play with me. sad.gif

Too many stats. I prefer Jackson & Livington - three stats, two D6, off we go.

I play AD&D, but never do the IRL dice rolling one.

Think Baulder's Gate and NWN- computer games based in the Forgotten Realms.

/never played

I've never been interested. I saw an episode of Community on Hulu about it. It was mildly entertaining, more for the fact of making fun of it than anything. tongue.gif

I used to play once or twice a week, but as the group I played with got older and went off to college and got jobs we find a lot less time to get everyone together. Now it's about once or twice a month...unfortunately this leads to boredom and we are constantly starting new things.

The only campaign I ever made it above level 5 wasn't even D&D, it was Star Wars. I was rather fond of that character, she racked up enough Dark Side points to almost have to be an NPC. *shrugs* I was the only character with lose enough morals to do the dirty stuff.

I usually play a character with a lot of out of combat skills, focusing on Charisma. Mostly because I'm always approached last to do character development, and I know all the others in my group picked meathead warriors.

Our latest game, however, I made a pure combat half-elf chick. I can't wait to try her out.

Favorite character I ever played: Dragon-born female bard, who was also a stripper.

Favorite character I ever played: Dragon-born female bard, who was also a stripper.

wat

I've only ever been a rogue...

wat

I've only ever been a rogue...

Had to make her Charisma pretty high to make her a successful dragon born stripper.

I know someone who made a character with a level 1 charisma of... 24, something ridiculously high.

I've never played, but I want to try. Probably won't get the chance for a while; I don't know many people who play, and only a couple of them know each other.

Edited by Kazeko

I have version three. We have a system for rolling that allows slightly higher than the suggested method, but still allows no more than 18 per ability. My character got an 18, which I put in wisdom.

EDIT: Wait... do the adds on this page know its about D&D (D&D ads).

Edited by -platinum-draco-

EDIT: Wait... do the adds on this page know its about D&D (D&D ads).

/has Gamefly ads

The IRC seems to have live updating ads, based loosely on keywords in conversation on rare occasion, but I don't know about the forums. Of course when the vamps were first given the bite action there was vampire ads all over the place...

Edited by spyro76

Walden university in IRC, Devrey on here... hm.

But why a stripper? Like, does she gain skills at all based on that... class? o___O

But why a stripper? Like, does she gain skills at all based on that... class? o___O

Male characters can't move temporarily maybe?

I played for all of two months. We didn't have a very good DM. He wanted us to play the game, without actually roleplaying, because he found it annoying, and yet he was into LARPing. I mean what.

Male characters can't move temporarily maybe?

Well now that's just generalist. Gay guys would be unaffected, for one xd.png

I suppose it might work for covert-ish sort of operations. The rich evil dudes always want to have a bunch of, er, professional women come over and entertain them.

I play D+D with my friends whenever we can get together to play it, it's kinda hard hwen you live in one town and most of the others live 30mins away from you and you have to figure out how and when to get there. So we've only really had 2 campains so far. But we play where we all have papers and roll the dice and everything, its hilarious the things that happen when your actually with the people!

Im really new at D+D but i already love the game !

Right now i am a Level 6 Elvin Druid

Well now that's just generalist. Gay guys would be unaffected, for one xd.png

I suppose it might work for covert-ish sort of operations. The rich evil dudes always want to have a bunch of, er, professional women come over and entertain them.

Are there any rules about that type of thing anyway? xd.png

And you'd have to include that lesbians would be effected too, and bisexual. LOL wrong thread for this discussion. tongue.gif