chickenhound

favorite game sidekick

Tails from Sonic 2 and Pikachu from Pokémon Yellow.

Grimoire Weiss. =3 He's a magic floating book who is snarky, anti-hussy, and is voiced by Liam O'Brien. What more can you want?

Actual game sidekicks?

... well, if I was in the situation of the game, Alyx from Half Life 2. Because then I might have a chance of living.

If not in the context of the game, I would probably want Sparx, from the first Spyro. A nice, quiet little glowing dragonfly that can steal jewels for me, what else could a person want?

if only game sidekicks then Tails i love him

if it could be anyone i would choose Tails and Eevee

My partner Aqua the Piplup in the PMD: Explorers of Darkness game I got from GameStop- I didn't come up with the name or anything, but I wouldn't mind adventuring with him, he's pretty cool.

The little boy from LIMBO. If I ever ran into a gap with spikes at the bottom, and somehow "dropped" something on the other side, I'd have a five year old depressed child with no fear of death to go get it for me.

On a less sadistic note, probably the Guide from Terraria. He'd tell me how to make anything. :]

Edited by Getpwned

Tails. If you have a second controller and a friend, you can play Sonic 3 together, with one of you being Tails. He's so useful, because you can basically cheat past any boss in the game by making Tails attack, as he is invulnerable and cannot die. Also he can fly you to hard-to-reach places. biggrin.gif

Tails. If you have a second controller and a friend, you can play Sonic 3 together, with one of you being Tails. He's so useful, because you can basically cheat past any boss in the game by making Tails attack, as he is invulnerable and cannot die. Also he can fly you to hard-to-reach places. :D

Been there, done that, beat the game. XD

My brother did like that - he was Sonic, I was Tails. I told him to stay at the side and "hold still". It worked quite well.

Fun fact - you can do that same thing, but without the flying, in Sonic 2. Just toy around in the options.

Grimoire Weiss. =3 He's a magic floating book who is snarky, anti-hussy, and is voiced by Liam O'Brien. What more can you want?

That last item on the list... that made me laugh. I think Liam voices all the awesome characters, and then all the epic guys (except Sasuke Uchiha of Naruto and Yosuke Hanamura of Persona 4 - Yosuke's not very epic, and Sasuke's totally gone off the deep end) get Yuri Lowenthall.

Now, the sidekick I'd want... Well, technically, you could call them that, although one is more of "protagonist's brother who helps out on occasion".

First would be Sabata (my avatar is a headshot of him) of Bokura no Taiyou. (aka "Boktai") He's an absolutely awesome character. His weapon can one-shot most foes, he can zip right past enemies using Zero Shift, and he had a vampire for an aunt. Then, later on, his dad was one too.

Next is Gig/Vigilance of Soul Nomad and the World Eaters. Now, who WOULDN'T want a constantly-cursing, arrogant, violent, master of death at their side? Also, he's got this nice, black-and-red scythe. :D

Edited by Tetra Kataki

Garrus from Mass Effect 1 2 and 3. Dude took a missile to the face and lived.

A Moogle from the Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts Series. Kupo.

I always wanted to meet one. They're intelligent, social, provide awesome support, and they know magic! =D They're also Cute and fluffy.

I always wanted to meet one. They're intelligent, social, provide awesome support, and they know magic! =D They're also Cute and fluffy.

Me too!

It would be awesome :3

Or... Snoopy! X3

I have a game where he's on his Kennel and fight vs the Red Baron

He's so cute <3

Garrus from Mass Effect 1 2 and 3. Dude took a missile to the face and lived.

I loved Mass effect 2. Garrus was an interesting guy. He's the sort whose loyalty needed earning. It would make a friendship with him be the sort that lasts.

Before I finally settled on wanting Moogle, I also considered him and also HK-47 from Knights of the Old Republic. (I'm an RPG player). HK-47 was this smart-ass psychopathic assassin droid. He was awesome in that he constantly insulted you for not being robotic, or for having and listening to your conscience.

Mog from FFXIII-2.

Not only are they very cute, but also useful (retrieve items out of reach, turns into a weapon, finds lost items).

Cynder. 'Cause she's awesome. Though I can see myself getting into a huge fight with her over something stupid, based on her attidude in Dawn of the Dragon.