Wingflight

Attention: Dragon Sprites Needed!

Hello, I'm Wingflight! biggrin.gif I'm sure some of you guys have seen me around! Anyways, I'm here to request your good help for dragon spriting for my website, DragAdopt (aka. Mystical Dragons!) Click HERE to see the site! smile.gif

Anyways, I would like to have some help spriting some dragons. There are four stages:

Egg- Yes, we do have an egg skin, but you don't necessarily have to use it. Here's an example (and the skin): user posted image

Hatchling- Here's the stage where you start to get an idea of what the adult will look like. user posted image

Developed Hatchling- Usually looks like the hatchling in a way, but is more developed. If you plan for your dragon to have wings, this is where the wings will come in. user posted image

Adult- The last and final, fully-developed stage! user posted image

If you sprite a dragon, you will get:

1,000 gold on the website (DragAdopt)

The rank as a Site Artist (which helps you unlock whole new dragons!)

And full credit for the dragon that you've sprited!

Here are the rules:

a) you must try on your dragon. I'm not going to be all nicey-nice, but some dragons look like kindergartners have sprited them. I'm not going to accept those.

cool.gif you can be creative with your ideas. I've once even accepted a Toilet Paper Dragon!

C) Please, PLEASE try to use the egg skin! The skin is the one above, for the example for the egg. Please try to shade (if you do!) with the darker side to the right for your egg.

D) All images MUST be .PNG or .GIF form and transparent. You can do these things at http://iaza.com/ . If you don't feel comfortable doing these things, keep in mind that I will do them (but I'd prefer for you to not be so lazy!

and that's it!

STAFF SO FAR:

none! volunteer now!

Edited by Wingflight

I could give it a shot? I'm not very good, but this sounds like something I could use for practice <3

I can try. I'm not so good at drawing, but I might be able to color.

*grabs Xbcdrt8741, shoves into a van and pushes that van into a lake, drowning her.*

Good luck with your site =) I don't know if I can do any sprites any time soon because of my workload, but hey, stranger things have happened

This seems interesting. I've signed up for an account and may be, on the off times, drawing/spriting/etc or at least attempting to do so. Definitely would help brush up my skills.

Meh, iffy sketches. =/

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Sinsdaemn

XBC: Sure, I'd appreciate that! smile.gif

Kanaye: Thanks for the interest in coloring! I'll PM you when we have a new task. tongue.gif

Dragon_Mando: Thanks for the "good luck"! I'm glad you like the site!

Sinsdaemn: Great sketches! Do you have any idea about what dragon you plan them to be for?

To all: THANKS FOR SHOWING INTEREST IN THE SITE! smile.gif

Edited by Wingflight

As clearly delineated, I know jack all about dragon anatomy. xd.png

For this, I was just doodling because I was kind of excited to start in the site but actually I've decided it could be...GOAT DRAGONS MWAHAHAHA- *brick'd*

No seriously though, they've got that scruffy chin and curved horns. I just don't think Goat dragon sounds like a good name for it though, lol.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

Goat dragons. Is that a type of... dragon cheese? *shot*

haha. When I hear the word goat in front of something, I imagine:

a ) Cheese. ohmy.gif

b ) it as an insult. tongue.gif

maybe... a.... I'm not sure. Is there another name for a goat?

The anatomy actually isn't that bad, compared to some things that I've done. xd.png

>w< I like goats. But that's not something I'd use for naming schemes. How about Pandragon? Because Pan is the Greek God of shepherds and flocks and it kinter goes with the theme.

Attempting to fix it better actually because sure as the sky is blue NECKS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. Heh.

>w< I like goats. But that's not something I'd use for naming schemes. How about Pandragon? Because Pan is the Greek God of shepherds and flocks and it kinter goes with the theme.

Attempting to fix it better actually because sure as the sky is blue NECKS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. Heh.

Pandragon is a suitable name, but I'm not sure if people will know what it means. Maybe we'll put a definition in the "Arianna's Tips" box. tongue.gif

I can color the egg for you if you just show me some color palettes of what you plan the main color plot to be.

A dragon with a leprechaun-like hat and a bag full of charms, maybe?

Edited by Stealthypugs

A dragon with a leprechaun-like hat and a bag full of charms, maybe?

Great idea! xd.png So far I have the suggested ideas:

Shamrock Dragon

Leprechaun Dragon

Luck-of-the-Irish Dragon (complete with beard and hat.)

Pot-of-Gold Dragon biggrin.gif

...and that's it. Which do you think would be best?

The Clover Dragon, as sprited by Infinis, is now on the site! It's limited edition, so hurry on over to get it right now!

We also have a SAINT PATRICK'S DAY THEME for the week of the great holiday!

>..>

Pandragon's being reworked. But in the meantime, my sibling got interested in this site as well and she's drawn some things.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Not sure what to call it, and I may help her tweak some things but here's another idea.

For St. Patrick's, all those ideas sound really good. Perhaps Lucky dragon too or sommat? Eh heh, must have gotten that a bit late. But cool, I've totally adopted a Clover one. ^^ Looking forward to it's evolutionary stages and stuff.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

I hope you all like it. ^.^ It was fun to make x3

I hope you all like it. ^.^ It was fun to make x3

Certainly, it already looks quite cute from what I can see. >.<

>..>

Pandragon's being reworked. But in the meantime, my sibling got interested in this site as well and she's drawn some things.

Not sure what to call it, and I may help her tweak some things but here's another idea.

For St. Patrick's, all those ideas sound really good. Perhaps Lucky dragon too or sommat? Eh heh, must have gotten that a bit late. But cool, I've totally adopted a Clover one. ^^ Looking forward to it's evolutionary stages and stuff.

haha, thanks for the comment on the Clover dragon. I hope you'll like it's stages!

Nice dragons, by the way! biggrin.gif

Be sure to show me the pandragon when you're done!

Can I try anything, maybe? Do I come up with my own concept and sprite that, or should I help out?

Can I try anything, maybe? Do I come up with my own concept and sprite that, or should I help out?

You may come up with your own concept and sprite it! xd.png

ANNOUNCEMENT: New to the site is the Sumi-E Dragon! For every fully-raised and matured Sumi-E dragon that somebody owns, I will donate five dollars to help Japan! Read more on the front page of the website.

ANNOUNCEMENT: New to the site is the Sumi-E Dragon! For every fully-raised and matured Sumi-E dragon that somebody owns, I will donate five dollars to help Japan! Read more on the front page of the website.

I have one >w>

S'admirable, and I like that you addressed this of sorts? But yeah. It's an awesome idea.

biggrin.gif My Clover Dragon hatched! It looks so cute!

Did some editing for the as of now unnamed dragon but I'm not sure which to use because they both look nice. So here's a question, which of these do you guys prefer?

user posted image And so, it comes down to these two. user posted image

Oh, and I really need pointers etc for these things cause this is honestly a first attempt at spriting for me. *coughs* And a um, tuxedo egg for advice please?

user posted image

Cute tuxedo egg. x3 It's a little angled, and it would look better a little straighter. (not at 180 degrees, but not a full 45 degrees, either.) However, I'd prefer for you to use the egg skin provided, which is the one for the Horgon dragon on the first page.

But out of the two unnamed blue eggs, I love the second one! smile.gif

thanks for the Japan comment. I'd really like to help people who are affected by the tsunami.

When I go to donate, I'll make a YouTube video of it and post it on the site of me turning the donation in, so I can prove to you guys that I did it. xd.png

Certainly, I was only making a rough sketch of things before the final touches etc. And I like seeing things big. Can't really fix the angle issues, that's just how mine turn out. How's this one? ;d

user posted image

Edited by Sinsdaemn

I like it! It's really cute, but the black outlines need a little cleaning up. I'd be glad to help do it, if you want smile.gif