hazeh

So you have a tablet...

So!

Got a tablet? =D Please do share your greatest masterpieces (or fails) that you have completed (or didn't complete~) with your tablet. ^^

Also, I need advice xd.png

I got my tablet a few months ago and I doodle every once in a while. Some program came with it- Corel (or, something. I really can't remember x3) Painter 4. (The tablet is a Bamboo Pen, I think...?) Anyways, yesterday I actually sketched something that I rather like on the painter program. However, since this is the first time I was able to get the program to actually work for me, I don't really know how to use it. So, when I went to color the picture, I was a little at a loss. Now, I understand how to switch tools and things like that and how to get the color I want and layering and all that fun stuff- what I don't understand is which tools I should use to color a cartoonish-looking cat xd.png I tried a bunch of different tools, but none of them seemed to be the right one :/ Any suggestions? x3

I have one and to show how horrible I am at using it I'll make something with it right now. Just a second.

user posted image

lolololololol

How large are they supposed to be? (The tablets).

Edited by RheaZen

My tablet? Mine isn't that big. I think my mom said it was a medium, or something like that. I got it for my birthday. >>;

To answer your question, make sure you have a nice solid outline for your cartoon and then just use the fill bucket for the majority of color. Then a soft brush for shading, adjusting opacity based on the amount of darkness.

And as for my best piece it has to be the pic I drew recently for my friend. I call her "V" and on valentines day we were talking about all the different jobs she had to do at her work so I came up with this picture. The chibis represent her different jobs, chauffer, maid, security gaurd, and maintenance.

user posted image

My tablet is a 5x6 bamboo pen and touch I think.

Edited by Tyracia

I *had* a tablet before I sold it. I had it for over 5 years but I never got the hang of it. I prefer traditional methods. I'm not great with hand-to-eye coordination, so it was almost impossible for me to sketch while looking at the screen and not my hand. I couldn't even write my own name with it.

My sister has one. I don't have one, though. I usually have to borrow hers, but usually she doesn't let me. ^^;

I've gone one, I've had it for years and it's still going strong, I love it so much. It's a Wacom Graphire4, IIRC.

I use it when I do pretty much any kind of digital art--from just sketching things (like this, this, or this) to coloring things (like this, this, this, or this). The few things I don't use it for that I do on the computer art-wise are outlines and pixel-based work.

All I ever really do is use the pen on it. I don't use the features and buttons on it for the most part, dunno how--I don't really care, either, since I can work it well enough to do what I wanna do with it. :3

Took me a while to get used to it, and I'm still better with traditional stuff when it comes to sketching than I am at using it (as you an see from this, this, and this)

I've got a small Bamboo tablet, it's a little too small for me to be able to use easily (it's 200 x 186 x 10.7 mm in size). Had it for about four years but haven't gotten the hang of using it. Overall I prefer drawing the traditional style then fixing with the tablet or mouse. I really fail at hand to eye coordination and I can't see under the pen where the 'ink' goes, which makes it a little more difficult to draw with for me. I guess Photoshop isn't the ideal drawing program either, so that may add to the difficulty of use.

user posted image

^ I made this over the course of last night and tonight. One of my friends has the same tablet I do, so I asked her about the coloring advice and she uses the regular bristle brush and smear brush. >>; So, that's what I did. Or tried to do xd.png It's my first colored picture.

And it looked squished D: I didn't look like that on my other computer. , _,

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I used to have a tablet, years ago But I moved and lost it. >.<

I didn't even have it long enough to learn how to use it properly.

I would like to get another one but I can't really afford it and I probably won't use it much sooo...

Oh, and, what's opacity? Also grain, because I don't really understand how those affect my picture. I tried varying it with the paint brushes, but I couldn't really see a difference...

Well... This one I did recently is my best so far on my tablet. :3 I'm drawing a cheese dragon though... I think it might beat this one... >__>

user posted image

user posted image

My pretty little Rosebud hatchling... <3

(This is a request from my thread, only the user Linpug is allowed to use it... >__>) /slightly paranoid

Anywho, I don't have a tablet so much as I have a laptop that does magic and turns into a tablet. >___>

Tablets like the Bamboo are awesome...but from years of drawing on paper... well... I can't seem to draw straight unless I'm drawing right on where I'm drawing....

Here is a link to it if you are curious...

Edited by athdaraxen

HOLY censorkip.gif.

That's really cool. x _x /grabby hands

I have an older version of the one I linked you too but its cool because you can draw right on the screen...

I'll make sure to post my Cheese Dragon once it is done. :3 I just have to get the shading on it done. xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

Its sooooo Cute! :3

It;s another request off my art request page. :3 (For Cudo215... no one else... >___>)

Edited by athdaraxen

Have a tablet. Like it, but wish I'd gone a size up.

Best thing I've ever done on it:

user posted image

I got a Bamboo Pen a few months ago. I'm still kinda trying to figure out how to use it lol blink.gif

If it's got a tablet app or whatever, yes, I believe so xd.png

@Snerd: Yup. That's where I'm at right now xd.png

NEPH IS AMAZING D:

I wanna get a Bamboo pen for my tablet.... Or at least one of the neat pens they have at HP... then ends can act as erasers!!! xd.png

My best Tablet drawing so far.

user posted image

(This is my tablet: Trust Wide Screen Design TB-7300 and it's really amazing! I can recommend.)

OMG BABY GERBIL. <3

And athdaraxen, a Bamboo Pen is a kind of tablet, not an actual tablet pen.

^^;

OMG BABY GERBIL. <3

And athdaraxen, a Bamboo Pen is a kind of tablet, not an actual tablet pen.

^^;

I know... its just they sell then pens by themselves as well... and I want one. xd.png

>< Oh. Well, I don't even know what that is. And it looks exactly like the baby gerbil in my handy-dandy gerbil book x3 Sorry about that.

Edit: Just looked up a Degu, and it looks exactly like a slightly larger gerbil.

o _o WANT

Editedit: Bigger gerbil with larger ears. SO CUTE

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign