gamblers

Fandom!

Fandoms...

Well...

I consider myself a brony (though I am a girl) but I'm not involved. I do love watching the shows and head cannon videos on YouTube.

I am an avid fan of the Honor Harrington book series, called the Honorverse. I even had crushes on two of the characters (both of whom were unmarried.) And then they both died. You should of seen how many tears I cried. I still can't read the part of the book those two die in. But now I have a crush on another character which is still living. I swear if he dies....

Also, in Honorverse, I ship so many pairing of the characters its not funny. (the hilarious thing is, that most people who like Honorverse don't ship anyone because it appeals to an older audience.)

Also a Lost Fleet fan, but that doesn't really have a fandom. Its kind of a lurker sci-fi series.

Halo FTW. But of course it kills off all my favorite characters.

Use to be a Star Wars geek before Star Wars the Clone Wars messed up my favorite book series AND the Mandalorians. (ruled by a queen... I spit in her general direction.)

I have written fan fiction, for Star Wars and Honorverse.

though most of the SW ones are sort of bad compared to my current writings. The Honorverse stories most wont understand unless you've read the series.

On the subject of M-rated fanfics written for children's series/show/whatever..... I usually stay far away, not because I think it's *wrong* that other people do that, it's just not my thing. But I have made exceptions.... Especially when it's well-written and actually feels like something the characters might have done if they weren't written for a younger audience. One example is the BabySitter's Club book series, I've read a few very well-written M-rated Kristy/Shannon fanfictions and it just.... Works. Somehow.

I have to admit I'm one of those obsessive-OTPers who will desperately avoid fanfics with certain characters in any other pairing other then the pairing I prefer...... So I think it's the mark of a VERY good writer when they can successfully challenge my way of thinking and get me to basically root *against* my favorite pairing (I tend to read many love-triangles). I've only read 2 or 3 fanfics like that so far, and I was *very* impressed.

Sherlock, Doctor Who, the Avengers, Thor, Eragon, How To Train Your Dragon, Tangled, Wreck-it Ralph, Supernatural, Warriors (cats), Harry Potter, Once Upon a Time, and I bet that there would be a whole bunch more if I actually had enough time to find more fanfictions! I've been trying to write an Avengers fanfiction but my mind keeps blanking out every time I go to write it xd.png

Homestuck: Don't even get me started on my ships with this one, it will take a while. Just look to my signature for my OTP.

Hetalia: I have an odd series of ships here.

Ghost Hunt: Such a small fandom but I must say that this one is very high on my list.

Doctor Who: Not much to say, I love this show, the 50th was brilliant!

MLP: FiM: Yes, I'm a brony, despite being a girl, and have done a Luna cosplay and plan on doing a Fluttershy cosplay this spring.

Sherlock: I got JohnLock'ed on the very first episode. No regrets.

Criminal Minds: Been in this fandom for quite a long time.

Harry Potter: Been part of this since first grade, I think.

Warrior Cats: A fairly large fandom, one I've been a part of since second grade.

If I listed all the fandoms I was in we'd be here forever.

However, the one I'm the most active in is the No.6 fandom. It's a small one but we're all very passionate about it and the people are wonderful. We have an anime, a manga and nine novels to work off of. There are absolutely amazing fanfic writers and lovely cosplayers and everyone is very friendly. We're all in pain over the way the story ends and are still waiting for reunion.

I will ship Nezumi and Shion to my grave.

I'm a TVT person, but I'm no troper. It's a fun read, and I hit it often to help me write book reports and such.

On other fandoms, I enjoy Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, although I'm more of a fanart person. Also, Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick. Currently my obsession is Tactics Ogre, but it seems like almost nobody knows what that is. dry.gif

Although headcanons for characters are all over the place.

Oddly, I don't really ship much, apart from canon pairings. And even then, I either don't ship anything or twist the pairing for the lulz, like Rinoa having Squall down to a fine art, or Cistina and Forcult having UST between the two.

I tend to stay away from rule 34.

If I were to say all the fandoms, we'd need another whole forum.

But the one that I've been in for years is the Hetalia fandom, that's for sure.

I got so many ships, I got ships on ships. My OTPs however, are and will always be UsUk, GerIta and SpaMano.

I will ship these forever D:

Harry Potter, LOTR, Pokemon, ATLA/LoK, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing, Ava's Demon, Ace Attorney, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, aaaand Dangan Ronpa.

i dont really actively do shipping but ishimondo and sakuraoi are the cutest flippin thignsn ok

Edited by Switch

At the moment I'm not active in any of my fandoms, I tend to go through periods where I'm intensely active and then periods where I avoid it like the plague.

Overall I wub.gif fandom and am a huge shipper. My most favorite fandoms are Doctor Who, Harry Potter and Highlander. Although I've been part of/am part of many more, see here.

I have specific views on how fanfic should be treated and I seem to be in the minority about it, at least as far as the younger crowed is concerned. IMHO, Fanfic should never be brought to the attention of the canon creator or actors (or mainstream media in general) unless they specifically ask to see it. If they do ask, they shouldn't be sent hundreds of links to those fics that have so many Sp&G errors that it's essentially unreadable. rolleyes.gif RPF/RPS should always be posted on locked comms/websites that require joining with a password to view, no exceptions.

Which, of course means I have nothing but contempt for 50 Shades and it's author. Honestly, read the Sleeping Beauty trilogy by A.N. Roquelaure (Anne Rice) instead; it's a much better use of your time.

And as a rule, portmanteaus irritate me. A portmanteau is a cutesy shipper name, such as: Johnlock, Spuffy, Caskett, McShep, Dramione, Drarry, etc...

Edited by arenee1999

Fandoms? I definitely am in one!!! The biggest one for me is the fandom of Swifties, because I am seriously over the borderline of obsession. I'm in a bunch of music fandoms, but it's more serious when I know what the fandoms are called. I am a sheerio and a hooligan(Peter Hernandez(Bruno Mars)) , too. I do enjoy Lorde's music, and I am a huge fan of the TV show "The Voice" and, also, thanks to my sister, the tv show "Gravity Falls".

My favorite music genres are Country and Singer/Songwriter. Out of Country, I enjoy Taylor Swift (she is partially country, partially not, so I'll just list her here), Brad Paisley, Billy Currington, Dierks Bentley, The Band Perry(also not entirely country but some songs have the country feel to it), Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, Parmalee, Thomas Rhett, Zac Brown Band, and some more. Out of Singer/Songwriter I enjoy Ani Difranco, Jillian Edwards(One of my FAVORITES!!), Taylor Swift, OneRepublic, Lorde, Ed Sheeran, Jasmine Thompson and more.

Edited by Magic199

Oh gosh, I of course am in multiple fandoms!!

My most prominent ones are Harry Potter (been a Potterhead since forever!) and Doctor Who wub.gif

I also love Psych, Supernatural, and Once Upon a Time.. biggrin.gif

I love watching these shows! I like to sometimes read fanfics, but I don't write any myself....

Edited by LumosSeeker148

What i've noticed lately, and it really bothers me, is how it's "cool" to hate on some fandoms. Why do people need to hate people for the things they like? Yes, every fandom has "those" people. EVERY FANDOM, MIND YOU. And you know those people. The ones who are giant jerks to everyone and/or the ones who constantly write smutty fics/draw smutty artwork and try to pass it off as something "the whole fandom wants". But, saying that everyone in that fandom is like that just to justify hate is ridiculous. I'm not exactly part of the MLP fandom, but i've seen both sides of the fandom. The good side is great. Really, some of the best. The bad side is probably equally as bad. But, that shouldn't negate the good.

Quite honestly, i'm sick of the smutty fanfiction and "this needs to be in the show" ideal in every fandom i'm in. I'm a big part of The Mentalist fandom and if I have to read another post on how the writer is somehow ruining the show because the two main characters haven't had a sex scene, I may kill someone. It really ruins not just the enthusiasm I have for the show, but the ship as well.

I'm a the point where I just can't be in fandoms anymore because the fans tend to ruin them. The ONLY fandom that I really love (although am not really a part of) is the Hannibal fandom. Those people are the best. The Sleepy Hollow fandom is probably the top of my list as one of the worst fandom out there. It's just nothing but hate and racism on a daily basis.

Also, people hating on a character/actress/actor ONLY because the character is somehow "in the way" of their favorite ship is probably one of the more disgusting common things I see in fandoms. I ship Killian/Emma, but I don't hate on Neal. I ship Keenler, but I don't hate on Lizzington shippers. I ship Jane/Lisbon but I don't hate Agent Fischer. Why is it a contest? Why is hate necessary?

Edited by MysticTiger

Kirby, Pokémon, Legend of Zelda, Warriors, My Little Pony, just to name a few.

I am a huge huge huge huge HUGE Kirby fan. I love reading fanfiction and looking at art that relates to the Kirby series. *cough*Falsparisbestknight*cough*

I'm in the process of making a decent SSBB-MLPFiM crossover fic for my dA. But I may abandon the project if I don't find time.

Really side-eye judging the people who sent Josh Dallas (Prince Charming/David from OUAT) hate because he posted a fan image with Captain Swan in it. Like, no. Stop, you all are terrible people.

Edited by MysticTiger

Superwholock. Directioner. Lost. LOTR and the Hobbit. MLP-FiM. Legend of Zelda. Pokemon. Okami. MANY MORE.

The Tunnels Series.

Fandom Population: Me. ;-;

I have never met anyone who's even heard of the books before I mention them, let alone anyone who loves them as much as I do. They're just so deliciously dark. Big, wordy books, so that might put people off, but I love all of the detail put in and aaaah. The books start off kind of slowly but they chug along gathering speed until SUDDENLY FREIGHT TRAIN OFF A CLIFF or that's how I feel about it.

So much character growth and feels.

Such feels.

The closest I can get to finding other Tunnellers (which is a name I have just now procured for my fandom as it had no name before because THERE'S NOBODY IN IT) is to reading positive book reviews. </3

Will and Elliot OTP for life.

Although Bartleby x Colly is best giant hairless cat romance.

BUT THE FEELS

SO MANY FEELS

NO ONE TO SHARE THE PAIN AND THE JOY AND THE SORROW AND THE GLEE AND THE HORROR AND THE SQUEE AND FEELS WITH

AAAAAA

If I were to say all the fandoms, we'd need another whole forum.

But the one that I've been in for years is the Hetalia fandom, that's for sure.

I got so many ships, I got ships on ships. My OTPs however, are and will always be UsUk, GerIta and SpaMano.

I will ship these forever D:

So yeah this was my reply the last time I got here.

But now... I joined another fandom.

And that is.

HOMESTUCK.

And I already have so many ships there.

It's a huge list, as huge as Nepeta's shipping wall I could say so I'll just write muh OTPs.

Rose x Kanaya (first. yuri. pairing. EVER)

Tavros x Gamzee

Karkat x Dave

Kankri x Cronus

Eridan x Sollux

Edited by Vaati

The only fandoms I was active as a fanfic writer were FFVII and Ouran Highschool (years ago and in German) and since Summer 2011 Team Fortress 2 (in English, regardless of my English skills, but some fandoms simply don't sound good in German), but I'm falling out of love with the fandom recently. It has been a long time, had been both fun and annoying, and I've definitely learned and gained a lot from that time smile.gif

In general, I think fandoms and creating fanart (written or drawn) are great opportunities for people from everywhere of all ages to be creative. We can write/draw, compare, get feedback, learn to deal with good and bad feedback, we can share our love for worlds and character we adore.

I apologize for sounding old, but when I was a teen there was no internet to share. We had our friends from school and the neighbourhood, which was great, but also limiting. Of course we can (and should) write/draw for ourselves, but it's more fun and more rewarding to show our works to others who love the same things.

Yes, there are many horrible fanfics/fanarts, but considering how young many creators are this can be forgiven. If they keep their minds open and understand that creating art is also work, and not just sitting down at midnight and feeling artsy and overwhelmed with Weltschmerz, their skills might reach a point when they are 20 us internet-less teens from the days of yore hadn't reached before our 30s.

Mistakes have to be made or people don't learn. Writing and drawing is a craft, and rarely anybody starts as really good. With more potential than others, yes. But talent and potential are worthless if not cultivated and improved, and it's simple: improving by doing.

Well, Rule #34...

I love it. Others love it. Others don't.

Some like comedy, some like gore, some like action, crime, mystery, fantasy, horror... the naughty stuff is just another genre.

Everyone should write/draw what they fancy and are interested in, and personally, I see only one limit: glorification of a few things like racism, absue of all kind, sexism.

I'm not saying those themes shouldn't be drawn/written, not at all! The only thing I put down my foot and say "stop! Artistic liberty goes only SO far!!" is when these themes are glorified or portraied as harmless (I think most of us shippers know enough examples in the #34 genre... the A is abused => suddenly realizes his pain fetish => fells hoplessly in romantic love with the abuser => happy end).

All right, I'm talking to much, I'm sorry ^^ It's such a nice, complex topic, but I try to come to an end:

Fandoms are a wonderful playground for first creative steps, to find and push the own limits, to cultivate skills and the own potential, and can be a great stepping stone for those who are skilled enough and not too afraid to outgrow being a fandom-artist.

As for TV tropes... I'll shamelessly brag and say that I grinned like a smug idiot when I saw that two of my fics show up there. But one of them is my first English one ever, and especially the beginning show a dozen examples of bad writing. So I'm not too sure what to think of the quality of sites like tv tropes.

uhh i used to be vocaloid and tamagotich but not anymore i'm glad to say. i've steered more into anime??

like pokemon, animal crossing, homestuck, dangan ronpa, dramatical murder, that kinda stuff.

i've also written a lot of homestuck fanfiction on my tumblr that's pretty popular :9

Edited by Matmetchi

Just read today that the main actor (Tyler Posey) from Teen Wolf is getting death threats because he doesn't ship one of the popular crack ship pairings. This is NOT okay. That's disgusting fandom behavior.

I read (and write short pieces of) Touhou Project fanfics (yuri of course).

But it's always hard to find ones for the pairings I like.

As for rule 34...I did write a piece last month. dry.gif

Superwholock and Homestuck are fandoms that I find annoying, so I have both of them blacklisted on Tumblr.

I'm quite fond of certain anime, TV and book franchises, but I'm not active in any fandoms right now besides apprecating fanart, so not gonna talk much about them here.

Andy Beirsack, Bvbarmy, Slipknot (Maggots), Divergent, Hungergames.. I probably forgot 50 and will have to edit..