7sharps

My Little Pony

I think we have had five episodes so far.

I loved the last episode, especially the song.

I have a feeling that the CMC will not get their cutie marks until the last season. I could be wrong, but it would be nice to see the three of them get their marks together or at least pretty close in time.

I think we have had five episodes so far.

I loved the last episode, especially the song.

I have a feeling that the CMC will not get their cutie marks until the last season. I could be wrong, but it would be nice to see the three of them get their marks together or at least pretty close in time.

I would love to see the CMC get their cutie marks this season or next. I was getting a little worried that they weren't going to get any focus this season. unsure.gif

I've seen the trailers for Power Ponies. I have never wanted to see an episode so bad.

I'll have to look it up - because I'm beginning to wonder if I've "out grown" the show or what. Most of last episode just annoyed me. Rainbow Dash letting Harshwhinny dull her excitement for life? Rainbow Dash letting Harshwhinny's words hold her back as a coach and actually fail to praise young ponies? (Thank goodness RD stepped up in the last part of the episode and knew just what to say to Scootaloo.) Scootaloo completely ignoring her friends and letting two ponies KNOWN to bully her and her friends into driving them her friends the ground working so hard and nearly taking over the show? I'm glad someone mentioned the disability aspect of the whole plot because I wasn't thinking of it like that (was thinking of it more as be yourself) and that saves Scootaloo for me. Because overall - just bleh otherwise.

The Daring Doo episode I felt was just kind of odd and out of place.

The first episodes were okay, even though Discord has always annoyed me, but at least the characters were in character and the plot was very MLP-ish.

And jumping on the train of my-goodness-CMC-are-getting-their-cutie-marks-at-some-point-right?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I fully believe that if the writers have some kind of warning that the show is coming to an end (rather than just being canceled), the CMC will get their cutie marks.

I don't think they'll get them before the last possible moment though. After all, how could they still be the CMC once they have them?

I'll have to look it up - because I'm beginning to wonder if I've "out grown" the show or what. Most of last episode just annoyed me. Rainbow Dash letting Harshwhinny dull her excitement for life? Rainbow Dash letting Harshwhinny's words hold her back as a coach and actually fail to praise young ponies? (Thank goodness RD stepped up in the last part of the episode and knew just what to say to Scootaloo.) Scootaloo completely ignoring her friends and letting two ponies KNOWN to bully her and her friends into driving them her friends the ground working so hard and nearly taking over the show? I'm glad someone mentioned the disability aspect of the whole plot because I wasn't thinking of it like that (was thinking of it more as be yourself) and that saves Scootaloo for me. Because overall - just bleh otherwise.

The Daring Doo episode I felt was just kind of odd and out of place.

The first episodes were okay, even though Discord has always annoyed me, but at least the characters were in character and the plot was very MLP-ish.

And jumping on the train of my-goodness-CMC-are-getting-their-cutie-marks-at-some-point-right?

I don't think you've outgrown the show. The problem is, a lot of the writing staff has changed, leading to major changes in writing style. It's extremely noticeable. I didn't think it was noticeable last year, but I think they looked at all the criticism that everyone was spouting and tried to "fix" it this year. Which always leads to more problems. They did say the series was going to try a more plot-centric story, which would be great if they followed through, which they haven't.

ALL of the characters are annoying me this year, which is really frustrating. Fluttershy most of all because I was always able to relate to her character. But, now, it just comes off as rude half the time she speaks or really cowardly, which she was usually scared but not a coward. Rainbow Dash has been exceptionally obnoxious as well. Twilight is the only one I have no problems with most of the time. Especially since Rarity, Pinkie and Applejack have been basically non-existent.

Discord annoyed me this season simply because he was shoved in. There literally was no point for him to be there outside of the flashback scenes.

I do hope that the CMC get their Cutiemarks this season. All at the same time would be nice.

I like this latest episode. The song was adorable too <3

Oh, and then there's this. Taken as a screenshot from the latest episode.

Is that Dr. Whooves and Rose I see?! (Dem references <3 )

user posted image

draganot: Oh my sonic screwdriver! Rose and the Doctor <3

what is happening to my Fluttershy?! She's really weird this season... I want my sweet, shy Flutter back sad.gif

what is happening to my Fluttershy?! She's really weird this season... I want my sweet, shy Flutter back sad.gif

EXACTLY! Fluttershy is not acting like Fluttershy.

(And i'm a Doctor/Derpy shipper, personally.)

I don't think you've outgrown the show. The problem is, a lot of the writing staff has changed, leading to major changes in writing style. It's extremely noticeable. I didn't think it was noticeable last year, but I think they looked at all the criticism that everyone was spouting and tried to "fix" it this year. Which always leads to more problems. They did say the series was going to try a more plot-centric story, which would be great if they followed through, which they haven't.

ALL of the characters are annoying me this year, which is really frustrating. Fluttershy most of all because I was always able to relate to her character. But, now, it just comes off as rude half the time she speaks or really cowardly, which she was usually scared but not a coward. Rainbow Dash has been exceptionally obnoxious as well. Twilight is the only one I have no problems with most of the time. Especially since Rarity, Pinkie and Applejack have been basically non-existent.

Discord annoyed me this season simply because he was shoved in. There literally was no point for him to be there outside of the flashback scenes.

I do hope that the CMC get their Cutiemarks this season. All at the same time would be nice.

Mmm, okay. I somehow missed that there were new writers.

I can't even comment on Fluttershy because the last time I remember her doing anything was with Discord. rolleyes.gif

~

Tbh, I'm really tired of the cutie mark thing being dragged out when their personalities are pretty clearly developed at this point. Perhaps just give one of them their mark and see how that plays with the dynamics of their friendship and them trying to work out just two of them being CMC before they realize the one with the mark can still help the others out and hang out with them. Or something.

Well, that just happened. Then the thing with fluttershy o_O.

Oh well, claimed 4 of the 6 power pony names and I got The Maneiac and Maretropolis.

2 of the names would've been taken before the episode anyway. Radiance and zap (I think, could never hear it well enough :/ )

Another saturday where I could barely hear the episode. My parents always decide to have conversations AS LOUD AS THEY CAN during my show. The one time a week I actually ask for the TV dry.gif

Otherwise I liked the episode except the fluttershy thing was like..... yah...

And I agree fluttershy is not acting like fluttershy. She's supposed to be shy, not constantly scared and cowardly. Old fluttershy would have stood up for her friends regardless instead of hiding behind a mailbox...

What's sad is it's just the show. I've been reading the comics (finally caught up now that I have a paycheck again) and all of the ponies act like the ponies we know and love.

Maybe they should get the people writing the comics to write the show.

Another saturday where I could barely hear the episode. My parents always decide to have conversations AS LOUD AS THEY CAN during my show. The one time a week I actually ask for the TV dry.gif

Otherwise I liked the episode except the fluttershy thing was like..... yah...

And I agree fluttershy is not acting like fluttershy. She's supposed to be shy, not constantly scared and cowardly. Old fluttershy would have stood up for her friends regardless instead of hiding behind a mailbox...

What's sad is it's just the show. I've been reading the comics (finally caught up now that I have a paycheck again) and all of the ponies act like the ponies we know and love.

Maybe they should get the people writing the comics to write the show.

It gets annoying. My mom does the same thing. I had to rewind around 24 times just to get all the names right. As soon as the names are being said she speaks loudly on her phone sleep.gif why do parents have to be so thick at most times.

The worst part is being an adult "child" I can't yell at them to be quiet because I'll get back the "you live here for free blah blah blah" response.

Still though I love all the nods to comics in this episode. It was fun (other than fluttershy which was really freaky)

I thought Fluttershy being an expy of the Hulk kind of worked. We've seen what happens when she gets mad/annoyed before. They just took her secret weapon and ran with it.

I'm glad that they aren't leaving the old castle to rot. I wonder if it is going to have some further relevence to the plot?

Finally, an episode I really enjoyed. I thought the characters were all pretty much back to the way they were before. Yes, Fluttershy was being a coward again but I think that was for the sake of the plot and not actually just straight out bad writing. And it was kind of redeemed when Fluttershy fought back. The moral of this story was a good one, too, unlike most of the previous episodes. I absolutely loved the powers each of them had. This is an episode I would have liked to see a two-hour special of. It just had so much potential. Even most of the jokes were decent.

Clearly they're fixing up the old Castle for Princess Twilight. I think she just doesn't know it yet. It's technically in Ponyville, after all.

Finally, an episode I really enjoyed. I thought the characters were all pretty much back to the way they were before. Yes, Fluttershy was being a coward again but I think that was for the sake of the plot and not actually just straight out bad writing. And it was kind of redeemed when Fluttershy fought back. The moral of this story was a good one, too, unlike most of the previous episodes. I absolutely loved the powers each of them had. This is an episode I would have liked to see a two-hour special of. It just had so much potential. Even most of the jokes were decent.

Clearly they're fixing up the old Castle for Princess Twilight. I think she just doesn't know it yet. It's technically in Ponyville, after all.

... WOW I can't believe I hadn't thought of that xd.png But yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I really loved Power Ponies. Green Lantern Rarity was /fantastic/, and I loved Flutterhulk xd.png

By the way, anyone else excited about WEIRD AL FINALLY GETTING TO BE ON THE SHOW?!

... WOW I can't believe I hadn't thought of that xd.png But yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

By the way, anyone else excited about WEIRD AL FINALLY GETTING TO BE ON THE SHOW?!

I'm kind of surprised to hear a lot of people didn't think about that. x'D

THAT WILL BE AMAZING! I can't wait to see what they'll do with him. They better not waste him on some 4 second cameo or something.

THAT WILL BE AMAZING! I can't wait to see what they'll do with him. They better not waste him on some 4 second cameo or something.

I'm very interested to see what happens. I personally think it's going to be more than a 4-second cameo. x3 Tweets from Amy Keating Rogers and Meghan McCarthy have shown signs that the episode might have a song in it. And the episode synopsis talks about Pinkie's new party rival, so I can see it being Al. Not sure about all of this, so don't put too much faith in it, but I'm hopeful. :3

The Flutterhulk thing didn't seem too weird to me at all. It was obviously a reference to The Hulk that they were going for with the superhero theme, and we've already had her show anger with "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!", so yeah. xd.png

edit: omg my posts keep getting eaten when I submit them. I really hope this isn't causing magical double posting

Edited by Dimar

There is a song confirmed for that episode, so... YAY! I'm super excited to see what they're doing to do with his character. I hope for fun lulz all around.

All I can think of is this:

Edited by MysticTiger

I liked today's episode. I think fluttershy was acting more fluttershy.

Also Flutterbat!!! I loved it.

Still didn't care for rainbow dash, she was being obnoxious again.

The song was a little weak, but overall I liked the episode.

Also, the fangs still being present on fluttershy... think that will come back later or just a cute little nod to the bats?

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I wasn't too keen on the song either, but the episode was great happy.gif

I think the tooth at the end was a little nod to the bats/those horror movies that show a 'it's not over' bit at the end. That said, Flutterbat was pretty cool. Wouldn't mind seeing her again lol.

I kind of wonder if the Stare hurts the animals in some way? Fluttershy always seems reluctant to use it and if it was just some kind of paralysing thing without actually causing harm I figure she would be more ready to use it when need be. But if it is painful (however slighty) that would explain why she dislikes using it so much.

The song was okay. I think it trying to feel like an old school Dracula-like theme, which it did, but it went on a little too long without a good catch. And the beat was slightly boring as well. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't catchy fun either.

Pinkie Pie singing "Fruit Bat Roundup" to the tune of "Winter Wrap Up" was fun, though.

Applejack making a horse sound, omg. lol

The fact that Fluttershy's "stare" is turned into a magical ability is kind of weird... I don't know how to feel about it. But, Fluttershy turning into a Fruit Vampire was adorable.

Pinkie Pie's Mane is alive?? LOL

The overall episode was great. Really, there's nothing I can complain about here. All the characters were good, no one was left behind like previous episodes, the story was fun and the moral was a good one.

Ironically, I haven't had time to watch MLP because I'm too busy updating my MLP ask blog.

But I managed to watch Bats and I thought it was pretty interesting. Flutterbat was the cutest but the whole bullying scenario between the other ponies and Fluttershy was new but relatable. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

I enjoyed the most recent episode too. I liked the song in a few places, but I agree that overall it wasn't particularly impressive.

But what I was thinking during the whole ep was that the vampire fruit bats reminded me of Gremlins...

user posted image

user posted image