7sharps

My Little Pony

I'm proud to call myself a Brony (yes, I'm a girl who uses that term, I'm a tomboy. Deal with it.) ...Ahem~

I reeeeeeeeeally hope that Equestria Girls movie is NOT what Season 4 will be like. I haven't seen it yet, and it won't bug me if I don't but, honestly, their human forms reminded me so much of Monster High and other doll-based shows that it was an automatic turn off for me.

The only MLP series I ever liked was Friendship is Magic, because of the stories and the characters and the ponies look sooooooo much better then previous gens.

I've been a fan of MLP:FiM since X-mas of 2011. Watching all the episodes helped me get trough a NASTY cold I had. (I think it was something worse then a cold, based on how sick I really was) Watching all the episodes up to date really made me feel bad that I had previously said it was stupid because gen 3 was such a horrible flop.

I've seen all the episodes to date and can't really point out a single favorite episode because 90% of them were awesome.

If I had to choose I'd go with "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" Mainly because of the obvious reference with the costume. It's a near perfect match to Darkwing Duck's. They even have a matching fedora.

Considering Sabrina a.k.a Sibsy was working on the Darkwing Duck comics at the same time as being a story-board artist for the show I'm not surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if that was on purpose for DWD fans.

One last thing that bugs me, I'm guessing it was a rumor that Fluttershy was going to turn into a Dragon in one episode?

Equestrian girls.....ugh, I want to puke.

I wonder what Lauren Faust thinks about both new Twilight and Equestrian girls..

Equestrian girls.....ugh, I want to puke.

I wonder what Lauren Faust thinks about both new Twilight and Equestrian girls..

with great disdain most likely, if not disgust that HER creation has been pretty much slaughtered ¬_¬

Edited by teslakana

So I ended up watching Equestria Girls with my niece (she insisted). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it certainly wasn't on show standards. Honestly it was kind of dull and very predictable.

I were a brony in 1 1/2 years..me and my boyfriend were really obsessed xd.png I drew tons of ponies jumping around on my schoolbooks, on every piece of paper i came across and i had around 23-25 ponies standing in my bookcase and mlp was the only thing me and my bf were talking about...but the season 3 finale ruined it for us both.

If you don't mind my asking, what exactly about Season 3 made you dislike it THAT much? I mean, even the Princess Twilight thing, which I still don't agree with but I have gotten over it after some headcanon-therapy, didn't make me want to quit the show. So, i'm curious what made you feel so strongly against it.

Last week I went into a store to grab a couple blind bags. ((I am obsessed xd.png)) And guess what was on the shelf next to them. Equestria Girls dolls!!! They are so creepy, they look like Bratz dolls...

Last week I went into a store to grab a couple blind bags. ((I am obsessed xd.png)) And guess what was on the shelf next to them. Equestria Girls dolls!!! They are so creepy, they look like Bratz dolls...

xd.pngxd.pngxd.png That's so funny

So something tells me, based on all of this wincing feedback, that my sisters and I are really going to enjoy Equestria Girls. Why? Because we love watching horrible things and making fun of them. xd.png

I'm a bit startled by the announcement regarding Season 4, though! Season 3 felt like it was trying to be a series wrap-up to me and I expected it to be over.

I've gotten away from the fandom over the past year or so, because it had gotten big enough that drama finally hit big time, and because I was often getting dragged into political discussions that had literally nothing to do with the show but that were just making me mad at everyone I knew in the fandom. If there's a Season 4, though, I might check back in. Just in case.

I'm a bit startled by the announcement regarding Season 4, though! Season 3 felt like it was trying to be a series wrap-up to me and I expected it to be over.

Hasbro isn't foolish enough to let something go that has pulled in so much money just yet.

I finally managed to get ahold of the newish FiM comics! I'm really enjoying them, especially all of the background gags that get put into them. xd.png

I also recently bought two shirts; one with Chrysalis and one with Fluttershy. I proudly wear them around campus, and to be honest I'm just grateful that my mom let me buy them. Despite the fact that I used my own money and am a college student in charge of my own clothes, she was hesitant. My parents aren't a pony-appreciating pair. Ooh, accidental alliteration.

Next week Season 4 starts!

We get to deal with Twilight Princess now, but hopefully that won't change the show much.

(other than, I don't know how to be a princess boo hoo)

I am insanely excited for Season 4 u don't even know

It's going to be interesting to see how Twilight reacts to being a princess, after all.

Not the best season opener, but I am intrigued about the keys. It'll be interesting to have a continuing plot throughout the season.

Love Discord and glad Zecora got some screen time!

Haha, I have to wait until someone puts the episodes up on Youtube before I can watch them. (No TV here.) xd.png I'm super excited though!

Edited by Dimar

I thought it was the best season opener so far xd.png Not going to spoil anything else, aside from just... I loved it and I am super excited to see where the season goes <3

From what I've seen of the season trailers, wherever they're going with the the storyline seems absolutely BRILLIANT.

And it'll be interesting to see the depiction of Celestia's and Luna's history. I'm looking forward to watching it!

Wow, I didn't even realize it came out! Thanks for the link! ♥

They changed the opening slightly... For some reason Twilight can just zap her wings on, apparently, as they're not there and then they are. I like the inclusion of Luna. OMG DISCORD IS IN FLUTTERSHY'S HOUSE IN THE OPENING.

EDIT: I really enjoyed the episode. It looks like they're taking the show in more of an adventure-like storyline instead of the 'message of the week' storyline. I approve.

Edited by MysticTiger

Wow, I didn't even realize it came out! Thanks for the link! ♥

They changed the opening slightly... For some reason Twilight can just zap her wings on, apparently, as they're not there and then they are. I like the inclusion of Luna.

Sad Twilight is sad. =(

Aha, I didn't notice that, I assume animation error.

Did you also notice Discord in Fluttershy's window during the credits?

Spoilers

I was a little freaked out when they made it look like Luna was behind everything again, because I was like, Luna no, you are good now! But then when I realized it was in the past, it was like, this is sweet alicorn battle.

Though I'm kind of surprised that Celestia was so quick to banish her. She didn't try to reason with Luna at all. She was just like, nope banishment.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I was a little freaked out when they made it look like Luna was behind everything again, because I was like, Luna no, you are good now! But then when I realized it was in the past, it was like, this is sweet alicorn battle.

Though I'm kind of surprised that Celestia was so quick to banish her. She didn't try to reason with Luna at all. She was just like, nope banishment.

I agree. There wasn't even a hesitation, really. I'm assuming because of time restraints with the episode that we didn't see more. That twist with Discord at the end was really well done, I thought, although the episode didn't seem to make a big deal about it.

Speaking of Discord, considering he's in the opening credits now, and since the elements of harmony have been returned to the tree (and no longer in the mane six's possession) I wonder if he is going to make more regular appearances in the show now.

(Not opposed to this provided he maintains his lovable chaotic personality)

I'm glad to see that Discord is making use of loophole abuse (as we pretty much all figured he would). It means he can still be naughty without breaking his promise to Fluttershy.