7sharps

My Little Pony

I don't care if Twilight is now an alicorn. To me, Pinkie Pie will always be best pony.

/PinkiePiePride

Besides, I have ADHD. So me and Pinkie can relate. happy.gif

Saw Equestria Girls.

It was actually pretty good, but the ending was a letdown.

AppleJack will always be my favorite of the mane-six, unless something happens to change my mind.

Oh wow, TheDarkCynder, you're actually one of those lucky people who had a theater with it playing near you. Congrats, I have yet to see it and probably won't see it until it's leaked openly or when it actually releases in the fall. I have months of avoiding spoilers to go. In the end I'll probably end up ruining it for me.

Unfortunately there's no theaters near me playing it...

I don't care if Twilight is now an alicorn. To me, Pinkie Pie will always be best pony.

/PinkiePiePride

Besides, I have ADHD. So me and Pinkie can relate.

Yeah, wooh! Of course Pinkie is the best laugh.gif

Unfortunately there's no theaters near me playing it...

Yeah, wooh! Of course Pinkie is the best laugh.gif

Agree. Pinkie is my fav as well.

I found it online and I'm watching it now smile.gif The video's not very good quality, a little fuzzy but I can cope!

EDIT: Finished it! It was a lot better than I expected.

Edited by sparkle10184

Hasbro was walking on hot coals with this film, but the overall content made it enjoyable, even if you don't like the plot in my opinion.

Yeah, I saw it.

*drags cigar*

It was good.

But not my kinda thing.

I watched it. My verdict: some parts were good, some parts were very cringe-worthy, and it was tolerable until the last 15 minutes or so. Logic really flew out the door at the end (although the whole movie didn't have much logic period).

I really liked seeing background ponies, especially Vinyl Scratch, and Sunset Shimmer had awesome hair. I also ROFLed at Trixie with the vending machine. But I didn't like Flash Sentry; I have issues with love interests.

Soo... not too bad, but not my cup of tea. The animation on the humans kind of bothered me, but then again MLP is the only cartoon I watch so I'm not used to watching animation.

Hey guys, I figured out the

in regards to Equestria Girls. =P

I watched it. My verdict: some parts were good, some parts were very cringe-worthy, and it was tolerable until the last 15 minutes or so. Logic really flew out the door at the end (although the whole movie didn't have much logic period).

I really liked seeing background ponies, especially Vinyl Scratch, and Sunset Shimmer had awesome hair. I also ROFLed at Trixie with the vending machine. But I didn't like Flash Sentry; I have issues with love interests.

Soo... not too bad, but not my cup of tea. The animation on the humans kind of bothered me, but then again MLP is the only cartoon I watch so I'm not used to watching animation.

Ditto on the logic part, Rainbow Dash could have caught up to Sunset Shimmer in a snap, also I'm surprised no one flew into the mirror after Sunset in the first place.

Also Sunset Shimmer has to be a master hacker or something, either that or the mane six have horribly predictable passwords. Which is saying something considering pinkie.

Does anyone know what Sunset Shimmer was even supposed to be at the end? Also her apology. "I'm sorry I didn't know there was another way." Another way to what? Taking over that realm and Equestria? '_' Thank goodness this is just a cartoon made for children, but I think that kinda underestimates a child's thought ability.

Also yes, Flash Sentry. I do not approve. Mainly because it's another guard X princess story, as well as the affections on Twilight's side seems strange. Hot guy with an open mind who plays guitar and has a fancy for Twilight. Do we know anything about him other than these things and that he and Sunset Shimmer used to date? How'd Sunset Shimmer get him to date her? Why was Flash Sentry interested in her in the first place?

Who knows.

But yes. This is a show/movie for children. I got into the series because of the fans, and I find I prefer the fanbase more. This are just my opinions on the movie, it's a meh, interesting but without much logic, but then again these are talking magical ponies, what am I expecting? Possibly the explanations a studious unicorn mare can give me and the limitations and consistency of the first season. Love and Tolerance. I tolerate more than love what they've done, but I can still be interested in it.

I'm sure most of you will read it anyway.

Also that video is quite accurate.

Edited by Limn

Equestria Girls was... a mess. They had some really neat ideas and some overused by still good ideas. But, then they stuck it together with this mediocre, predictable storyline. The animation was on par with the show, although there were some awkward moments where I thought "this expression looks really weird when it's not on a pony". I know we're supposed to already know the characters, but I would have liked a little more introduction as well. It's like "oh here's fluttershy, now here's pinkie pie, now here's applejack, etc". It just ran too quickly for the time it had. And the ending was just poorly written. There was no suspense at all. And for a show that had the amazing Canterlot Wedding Episodes, the Pilot episodes, the Discord episodes and, yes even the Crystal Empire episode, there really is no excuse for that.

One thing that really bugged me was it seemed like the whole heart of the original show was missing. There was no lessons to be learned or "magic" of friendship. Twilight Sparkle just deus ex machina'd the friendship drama and they're suddenly all BFFs. What was the point of having them hate each other in the first place if they were just going to get back together so quickly?

The writing reminded me a lot of the Season 3 Finale episode. Good ideas, poor execution.

Equestria Girls was... a mess. They had some really neat ideas and some overused by still good ideas. But, then they stuck it together with this mediocre, predictable storyline. The animation was on par with the show, although there were some awkward moments where I thought "this expression looks really weird when it's not on a pony". I know we're supposed to already know the characters, but I would have liked a little more introduction as well. It's like "oh here's fluttershy, now here's pinkie pie, now here's applejack, etc". It just ran too quickly for the time it had. And the ending was just poorly written. There was no suspense at all. And for a show that had the amazing Canterlot Wedding Episodes, the Pilot episodes, the Discord episodes and, yes even the Crystal Empire episode, there really is no excuse for that.

One thing that really bugged me was it seemed like the whole heart of the original show was missing. There was no lessons to be learned or "magic" of friendship. Twilight Sparkle just deus ex machina'd the friendship drama and they're suddenly all BFFs. What was the point of having them hate each other in the first place if they were just going to get back together so quickly?

The writing reminded me a lot of the Season 3 Finale episode. Good ideas, poor execution.

and not to mention that they made a RIDICULOUS show-off out of 'flash sentry', anyone tries that IRL they'll proably get their guitar shoved up their censorkip.gif and turned into a human popsicle xd.png

Edited by teslakana

Woot, I'm so excited! Thanks for the post, Cynder; I saw the announcement online today but was busy and immediately forgot. biggrin.gif

Equestria Girls was a disaster and a horrible hot mess imo. The inclusion of the boy made it all shot to heck. It was very predictable and the storyline is used by everyone and their grandma. The villain was too much Trixie (even the showboating and the voice was similar) and not creative. Her design is too noisy... the animation itself was fantastic and I liked the designs, but the story was a wreck. I liked the first... Idk.. 20 minutes? Mostly when they were still ponies, Twilight being an adorkable derp, and then it got shot down when they introduced THE LOVE INTEREST. Like wow, really? They needed that? When has that ever been an issue or a focal point in MLP? The only one that ever thought that was Rarity and it was /in character/ of her. Twilight? No. OOC. Sigh. The movie could have been way way better than what it was. I'm glad its a flop though.

As for season 4, I don't really have my hopes too high. There better be a Rarity episode, more Scootaloo love (they need to be creative with her, I'd rather her /not fly/ and it be something she'd be proud of in the end (having a disability doesn't make you weak or less important and embracing it to show others you're a great person) would be best. I'm intrigued by the end of the season 4 clip and hope it turns out as good as the story board looks.

AFAIK, season 3 didn't happen. I'm still lukewarm to the idea. ._. Ever since Faust left, the show has gone down the tanker in regards to originality and heart that the original season 1 had.

the animation itself was fantastic

I beg to differ.

Frankly, what killed the movie for me were the bland designs. Come on, guys!! I know we gotta stay super cutesy animu because that's what the ponies are, but you guys could have at least made some slight differences! Jaw lines! Noses! Body types! DIFFERENT CLOTHES?! ANYTHING, PLEASE.

Edited by Zovesta

user posted image

Why do only Twilight and Rarity have elements on? just noticed that. ono

everyone's going mental about the release date, and i'm here wondering how MANY seasons there are going to be...

I were a brony in 1 1/2 years..me and my boyfriend were really obsessed xd.png I drew tons of ponies jumping around on my schoolbooks, on every piece of paper i came across and i had around 23-25 ponies standing in my bookcase and mlp was the only thing me and my bf were talking about...but the season 3 finale ruined it for us both.

Well...Hasbro took the only thing I enjoyed in my dark period of life..I'm thinking about to put my ponies up on Ebay or something...I'm trying to tell myself that brony-period is over but deep inside of me I'm still one...:/