7sharps

My Little Pony

Ah hell, what did I get myself into?! I shall never go thread lurking in the Visual Media again! T-T Curiosity killed the cat, and now all I can do is yell "GIVE ME MORE DAMN PONIES!" while banging on my keyboard.

You guys cursed me, and now I can't stop watching... X_x I don't think there's a cure for this addiction...

Ah hell, what did I get myself into?! I shall never go thread lurking in the Visual Media again! T-T Curiosity killed the cat, and now all I can do is yell "GIVE ME MORE DAMN PONIES!" while banging on my keyboard.

You guys cursed me, and now I can't stop watching... X_x I don't think there's a cure for this addiction...

-pats-

Don't worry. At least you're among friends.

So, question for everyone, especially those who didn't think they'd be into the show: Why did you start watching? And when was the moment you realized you were there to stay?

I started watching for Doctor Whooves, I thought it'd be funny. During the first episode, that one line of Applebloom's- 'Aren't you gonna stay for brunch?' sealed the deal.

So yes, everyone can blame an adorably sad looking Applebloom for convincing me to continue watching xd.png

-pats-

Don't worry. At least you're among friends.

So, question for everyone, especially those who didn't think they'd be into the show: Why did you start watching? And when was the moment you realized you were there to stay?

I started watching for Doctor Whooves, I thought it'd be funny. During the first episode, that one line of Applebloom's- 'Aren't you gonna stay for brunch?' sealed the deal.

So yes, everyone can blame an adorably sad looking Applebloom for convincing me to continue watching xd.png

I was watching a walkthrough of God of War on youtube and miscliked the box (why MLP had a box under the related video section on GoW I don't know). At first I was going to turn it off but I was bored and let it run for the lulz. I then realised I was there to stay when I found myself clicking for the next episode.

I wish doctor whooves was a unicorn. His magic would function as the doctors sonic screwdriver would. *only dreaming*

Well I officially love this show now. I watch at least 2-3 episodes every day. It's just too awesome. tongue.gif

And Pinkie Pie is still the coolest. xd.png

ETA:: Pinkie Pie is so awesome that when I went looking in the toy section at Walmart yesterday for MLP toys, Pinkie Pie was the only one sold out. I was so sad. xc

Edited by tikigurl91

I figured I'd find this after seeing all the MLP sigs. :3

I've always loved MLP, but I never watched the old show. I had a few ponies that I had to get rid of as a child (broken or whatnot. D: ), but a few years ago, whenever someone asked me what I wanted for a birthday/Christmas gift, I would immediately say, "A purple pony!" just because I didn't know what I wanted. Eventually, my mom got me a purple MLP for my birthday (this was... at least five or six years ago.) So after that, I just changed to saying, "A pony!" anytime someone asked. Sure enough, next year, a friend got me another MLP. Hurrah.

Then I bought a MLP coloring book for myself to practice coloring styles.

I didn't even know about the new FiM until I saw someone post

, a mashup of FiM clips and the audio from the Starcraft 2 trailer. AWESOME!

Anyway, I've been hooked since then, and have gotten a friend of mine hooked as well. :3 Last episode I've seen, however, was Over a Barrel.

I also have the Winter Wrap Up song STUCK in my HEAD...

ohmy.gif

That is probably the most epic thing I have ever seen. Beautifully done!

Wow, just....wow. O.O That video truly makes MLP 20% better. xd.png

It's been a week since I've first started watching the FiM series and currently I'm half way done with the episodes; viewed 'Suited For Success' yesterday. So 14 episodes streamed and gradually being overrun with more fillies as my sanity drops.

What started me into watching the shows? The superb vector art and design that portrays the ponies. I mean, the original MLP art just didn't appeal to me because they all look so chubby and much of an eye sore. But as I found one image of the current pony design, it caught my attention and I just went "Whoa, are these the ponies?" In truth, I didn't further look into it as I thought it was some sort of fan art. About month or two has passed and soon enough I was seeing more of these adorable art spreading around the community so I just had to see what was all the fuss about. I lurked my way through forums, into the MLP threads, and fell right into a filly trap. Forced against my will Overwhelmed with the much cuteness that I took whatever dignity I had and muster myself into watching the first pilot episodes. From there, everything just went down hill; to pony land. That 1 episode has done its job. Excellent design, great characters/personalities, interesting plot, which lead me into part 2, and ending with a blue beauty. <3

And this is where I'm at.

EDIT: Misspellings

Edited by Sombreon

That...is the most amazing thing I've ever laid eyes on. x -x It's so FREAKING AWESOME. <333333

Anyone wanna make me a Princess Celestia Sig/avatar? xd.png

Oh, and where is "Doctor Whooves" from? I don't recall it being mentioned in any of the episodes...

; ^;

Why did you start watching? And when was the moment you realized you were there to stay?

Ah, about a week ago, I think. I was curious about all the signatures and what all the hype was. First episode was just awesome, so I didn't stop xd.png Nightmare Moon and Princess Celestia were just too awesomesauce~

I present to you, A CHALLENGE! Draw yourself as a Little Pony.

Eh, I'm attempting it, and thought you guys might find some enjoyment out of doing such as well. Heard the awesomeness of this show a few months back on a different forum. Moderator there started a war of ponies and etc. Haven't yet watched all that many only because I fear getting hooked.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/Swa...neponymaker.jpg

^ That's with the doll-maker one, since I can't do digital art for my life. :/

Anyways, I was surprised that the options they had got it so close to my original design, which is:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/Swa...on/img004-1.jpg

The scanner didn't get her color quite right... it's supposed to be this dusky dark blue with almost a greenish tinge to it (that wasn't planned, but the black over the blue colored pencil turned it that way, and I quite liked it.) Her mane/tail is supposed to be silver, as are her "shoes", but the ribbons around her legs are supposed to be a dark indigo, as is the last layer/row (dunno what they're called) of feathers on the underside of her wings. Those spots are supposed to be stars, by the way. >> And I messed up on her cutie mark on her flank xd.png

Anyways, since I'm a big fan of Princess Celestia, I used her body type and yadda yadda. I have a whole back story to Princess Heavina Starshine (the name makes me giggle...), and she's the pony that puts the stars in the sky while she delivers dreams to sleeping ponies C:

And she's also going to be engaged to Princess Celestia. >>

If anyone who's good at digital art wants to make a picture of her for me, I'd really love that~! xd.png Hehehehe~

xd.png Ahahahahahaha, Rainbow Dash.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

The drawing looks a lot like Luna to me but it's still great nonetheless. <3

The digital art.... </3

Hilarious video. xd.png Rainbow Dash just became more awesome.

Speaking of which, I have claimed Rainbow Dash for the time being.

I can't believe how amazing this show is; everything I know about TV tells me this show should suck, but it's one of the best shows I've seen in a while. (Damn you Lauren Faust for confusing my conceptions of Television with your epicness.)

Aside from the cheesy, impromptu songs, and replacing of "one/body" with "pony" "in every/some/no/anyone/body," it really is great.

...Sorry if that's hard to read.

user posted image

Heck yes.

Edited by Yzarro

I think I made it different enough from Luna... Luna is a dusky purple and lighter blue, while Heavina is a dark blue and silver, and traces of dark indigo. ^^; Plus, they are kind of similar. For my story, Heavina was the one who helped Luna/Nightmare Moon escape from the moon, since Heavina is theoretically "the stars".

x3 Hehehehe.

I like Heavina's design! You draw really well, too. biggrin.gif

I found the pony maker a long time ago and completely forgot about it! It's pretty cool. Here's my random pony. ^.^

ETA: And not random as in I hit the random button a lot (which is totally what I'm doing now).

Edited by Diem Adrienne

Oh wow, she's gorgeous o: I'm so tempted to make an army, now xd.png

I just wish they had an option for wings! Would have made Heavina ccomplete D: (Well, that and she needs the stars on the underside...)

^^;

Yeah, a few have.

Here are some of my own quick creations that I took a liking to x3

Vanity

Dovesong

Sherberta

Dazzle Bolt

^^; It's addicting!

I'm rather sad now. I just finished watching all of the episodes online. Now I actually have to wait a whole week to see new ones. DX

Although tomorrow is a new one. I'll be working when it comes on but hopefully they will have it online by tomorrow night.

I wish doctor whooves was a unicorn. His magic would function as the doctors sonic screwdriver would. *only dreaming*

Well, seeing as he's already shown up as both an Earth Pony and a Pegasus, iunno why he can't be a Unicorn too :U

Sickens me to see so many sigs and avatars featuring dumb colorful ponies. Haven't we grown up at all...Seriously, being on a site that is with mostly girls is one thing but this...this isn't right.

/end rant

Have you actually watched the show? =o

It's not for everyone. There's nothing wrong with that. However, many do like it and there's nothing wrong with that either. Just a little fun. :3