7sharps

My Little Pony

Funnily enough the animation is why I *don't* like it. I imagine I might quite enjoy the story, and possibly some of the characters, but I simply can't stand watching that style of animation for more than a minute or so. And I have tried.

I can totally understand. I can't really stand most american-based animation because of their lack of detail or fluidity. Batman: The Animated Series pops to mind as one that I like the story of, but can't stand the animation.

Because it's My Little Pony. And America is a macho society.

My parents have absolutely no right to tease me about occasionally watching MLP:FiM when I feel that an episode might be decent. Why? Because my aunt still loves Lizzie McGuire and my mom watches Anpanman.

No. Right.

And yet they still like to snicker and joke that I love the show.

O' course, the weird thing is, I don't even like the show as much as you guys seem to. >_>; It's pretty good, not that great, but it does have a few good moments. Spike, Gilda, Discord, and Rarity are great, but I don't care that much about the other characters. Can't really figure out why so many people like it, hm...

Guys give me some insight

I enjoy the story and the lessons learned. I enjoy the nerdy humor tossed in for the older audience. the music has gotten better and so has the animation (it got more detailed throughout the seasons, like their manes and tails bounding more when they move).

Yeah, the lessons are cheesy and cliche but that's kind of the point. Older audiences have already learned those lessons (hopefully), and they're like a refresher course on being a good person in general.

But I really love how the show portrays different ways to be a girl. Girlie, nerdy, bubbly and fun, tomboyish, athletic, etc. And it says that it's okay to be whatever kind of girl you happen to be.

The fact that it's a nostalgia trip doesn't hurt, either.

I just heard Pinkie's "Smile, Smile, Smile" song and I have to say, it's grown on me. The first time I heard it, I didn't like it at all. Too bubblegummy for me. But, I just heard it for the second and third time and I have to say, it's a pretty great song. Total opposite of "This Day" but in a good way!

So the answer is that it's just pretty much charming for you guys, huh?

Yeah, you should know by now that I don't dislike the show because it's a corny kid's show *LONG STARE AT AVATAR*, I just plain don't find it appealing. I guess there's only so much baby cartoon that I can take in my life. ;P

Haha, true, the lack of likable characters, IMO, is part of the reason why I'm not really a fan.

Thanks for the opinions, though. <3

I actually think everyone is likeable. I have my least favorites, but I still like them all. I think an interesting thing about the show is that the characters really do tend to grow on you the more you watch them.

Well, I finally worked up the nerve to listen to a reading of 'Cupcakes' a while ago...

good gosh, I love pinkie pie at least 30% more now.

Happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday dear Jo!

Happy birthday to me!

Here, have some cake.

user posted image

user posted image

Yes, I went through with my plan for a rainbow dash cake. Unfortunately I was not at school so I didn't get an entire MLP themed birthday party. No pin the tail on the cranky doodle :<.

Awesome cake kiffren!

Puts my friend's MLP party to shame... that was just fancy dress.

OMG, that's adorable, kiffren! Happy (late) birthday!

I want that cake now. 0_0

~~

I finally got my order from Mighty Fine/We Love Fine!

The T-Shirts are great~! The printing is wonderful! But a warning, if you're a girl, order a size larger then you normally would. For some odd reason, three of the four girls size shirts are borderline small size (I ordered Medium). One of my shirts, however, is the correct fitting size. The Rainbow Dash one that I ordered only came in Men's Sizes and I should have ordered a small on that. It's very comfortable, but it's huge. My only problem with it is that the "Dash" part doesn't show up very well on Light Blue, unlike what the picture displayed. I should have gotten Dark Blue. Also, the girl's shirts have a lot less material then the men's making them See-Through. It's fine if you wear a tank top underneath, though. This isn't very uncommon for T-Shirts anyway. Anyone ever notice that Women's shirts are always made with less material? It's very annoying.

Anyway, I got a lot of really cool goodies!

It came with this massive bag with Steampunk Hello Kitty on one side and Steampunk Rainbow Dash on the other! I'd say it's around 3 feet tall! It's really neat! I was hoping it would have a flat bottom so I could store clothing or books in it, but it doesn't. That's OK, it's still REALLY cool and I can find use for it. :D

I also got a Steampunk Fluttershy sticker (Really cool!), a Blind Bag Pony (one with Pinkie Pie) and a Derpy Hooves Keychain! The keychain is really sturdy and hasn't scratched a bit being on my keys.

Overall, it's been a really cool website. If I take away the fact that it took a month for me to get the order, then it's not bad at all. The size thing was my fault (I should have ordered a size bigger to begin with, something I do regret not doing) so I really have no complaints.

Edited by MysticTiger

OMG, that's adorable, kiffren! Happy (late) birthday!

I want that cake now. 0_0

~~

I finally got my order from Mighty Fine/We Love Fine!

The T-Shirts are great~! The printing is wonderful! But a warning, if you're a girl, order a size larger then you normally would. For some odd reason, three of the four girls size shirts are borderline small size (I ordered Medium). One of my shirts, however, is the correct fitting size. The Rainbow Dash one that I ordered only came in Men's Sizes and I should have ordered a small on that. It's very comfortable, but it's huge. My only problem with it is that the "Dash" part doesn't show up very well on Light Blue, unlike what the picture displayed. I should have gotten Dark Blue. Also, the girl's shirts have a lot less material then the men's making them See-Through. It's fine if you wear a tank top underneath, though. This isn't very uncommon for T-Shirts anyway. Anyone ever notice that Women's shirts are always made with less material? It's very annoying.

Anyway, I got a lot of really cool goodies!

It came with this massive bag with Steampunk Hello Kitty on one side and Steampunk Rainbow Dash on the other! I'd say it's around 3 feet tall! It's really neat! I was hoping it would have a flat bottom so I could store clothing or books in it, but it doesn't. That's OK, it's still REALLY cool and I can find use for it. biggrin.gif

I also got a Steampunk Fluttershy sticker (Really cool!), a Blind Bag Pony (one with Pinkie Pie) and a Derpy Hooves Keychain! The keychain is really sturdy and hasn't scratched a bit being on my keys.

Overall, it's been a really cool website. If I take away the fact that it took a month for me to get the order, then it's not bad at all. The size thing was my fault (I should have ordered a size bigger to begin with, something I do regret not doing) so I really have no complaints.

YOU GOT THE DERP!! <3 I wanted one, but didn't want to spend that much money. I did get a blind bag and sticker and bag though. Steampunk AJ and Rarity blind bag. Did you also get the squishy welovefine heart keychain thingy?

YOU GOT THE DERP!! <3 I wanted one, but didn't want to spend that much money. I did get a blind bag and sticker and bag though. Steampunk AJ and Rarity blind bag. Did you also get the squishy welovefine heart keychain thingy?

Yes! I got the Derpy Hooves! I might take a picture later, but she's really cool. n_n

No, I didn't get a squishy heart keychain. ;-;

*slowpoke-mode activated*

Cake!! So awesome and cool cake with Rainbow Dash! Ooh.. Envy, envy...

An MLP thread? ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh /)^3^(\ Hi guys! It seems like everyone's been dealing with the wait for Season Three pretty well~

Well, I finally worked up the nerve to listen to a reading of 'Cupcakes' a while ago...

good gosh, I love pinkie pie at least 30% more now.

hahaha i know right I wasn't that big on Pinkie Pie until I read it, and now I at least somewhat like her. xd.png

Awesome cake, dude. Just awesome.

My friend told be to 'grow up' after I told her I was a brony. smile.gif I told her that people in their thirties like my little pony and that she should grow up. biggrin.gif

Pegasisters and Bronies of DC Unite! There needs to be more of us to share the awesomeness with. :3

And, your friend sounds like a rather mean person, FlowerOwl. I'm sorry she was so rude to you! D:

However, I think personal interests shouldn't be age-specific. That stereotype that you can only like things at a certain age is outdated and stupid. No one calls an adult childish for reading Harry Potter, despite it being a book directed towards kids. Likewise, no one should call someone childish for liking a cartoon directed towards kids.

If a 6 year old can like Jersey Shore, then I sure as hay can like My Little Pony.

I feel really irritated when people just label bronies as a horde of "neckbeards". They tend to seek out the weirdest parts of the fandom and use it as evidence, and it really sucks :/ I've seen so many awesome (and perfectly normal!) people who are bronies all around the internet, and it's a shame that they get overshadowed because the few basement dwellers are a better fit for non-bronies' stereotypes.

THERE'S A DERPY TOY? Shut up and take my money.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG*PANT PANT*

my mom ordered me a FRICKING CUSTOM PONYYYYYYYYYYYY~

*dies*

(and the only reason I can stand the wait for season 3 is because I have my zuko- I MEAN KORRA...)

Edited by kiyye