7sharps

My Little Pony

You're lucky, AlternateMew!

I bought about 10 Blind Bag Ponies for myself. I figured I could come back for more. There was two boxes after all.

Turns out, there's some Bronies around me because both boxes were empty three days later. And my Walmart hasn't restocked. D:

BUT BUT BUT, HASBRO has said we'll be seeing THREE Waves of Blind Bag Ponies in the US this year! I'm hoping to see the Wave with Princess Cadence and the Wave with Big Mac! biggrin.gif

So not fair! They don't have blind bags in Canada...but the other day I found out Superstore has an entire My Little Pony aisle! I just stood there gaping at it...right in the middle of the aisle...I got some weird looks from some mothers and small children, but whatever biggrin.gif I plan on buying some when I'm not with my parents (they're the only people in my life who dont know I'm a brony tongue.gif)

On another note, the season finale was awesome! I downloaded all the songs, I reall like "This Day Aria" just like everyone else...though I don't quite understand its name...uhhh lol

Another awesome thing was my Sonic Rainboom (yes mine, my friends actually began calling me Rainbow Dash...which confuses my parents, because of the reasons I told you earlier) I went straight up and performed it in only 2 seconds flat! Double Rainboom maybe soon? Perhaps smile.gif

-Dash

I plan on buying some when I'm not with my parents (they're the only people in my life who dont know I'm a brony tongue.gif)

Is this like a running theme or something? I'll tell anyone else I'm a proud brony/pegasister, but I try to tone it down in the face of my mom. She already complains that I lat 'those mindless games take over my life'. Imagine if she knew how much of a brony I am. Pony music, pony drawings, pony jargon, pony... everything. Pony, pony, pony. "Don't let a some dumb TV show take over your life!" Phht. Stick a hoof in it, this is actually giving me faith in humanity. rolleyes.gif

I'd like to say, I bucked the trend of hiding it from my parents... my mom just picked up a new coloring book for my brothers and I, and says she owes me one blindbag because there were none last time she was near them.

I converted my entire immediate family to being fans, or at least enjoying it to some degree.

user posted image

Is this like a running theme or something? I'll tell anyone else I'm a proud brony/pegasister, but I try to tone it down in the face of my mom. She already complains that I lat 'those mindless games take over my life'. Imagine if she knew how much of a brony I am. Pony music, pony drawings, pony jargon, pony... everything. Pony, pony, pony. "Don't let a some dumb TV show take over your life!" Phht. Stick a hoof in it, this is actually giving me faith in humanity. :rolleyes:

My parents know I'm a hardcore pegasister with friends who are pegasisters and bronies. I'm 21 and they frankly don't care. My dad shakes his head, but he doesn't say anything because he knows I'm into the whole nerdy subculture and love the revamps of cartoons from my childhood.

And when my mom teases me I just tell her that I'm watching a show that preaches love, tolerance, respect, and friendship and she usually shuts up because she can't really say something negative about those morals.

My mom knows I draw ponies and has seen my rainbow dash toy, but I don't think that either really know anything about MLP: FiM. I'd like to just keep it that way. >.>

My parents both know I love MLP, and I'm the one that made my sister a pegasister. |D My dad kinda hates that I like it so much, but my mom's fine with it, and even watches it with us sometimes.

My parents just laugh and shake their heads. They say there's a lot worse things I could be doing with my life at 22 than watching a cartoon.

I totally got ponies from my niece for my birthday biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Nig...g/hollypony.png

Nice! I totally need to set aside some money to get a pair of duplicate unicorns. I want to do a custom, but not on one that I only have one of. I'll probably use Rarity for that, a white coat is likely the easiest to work with. Unless there's a unicorn with a green mane...

Eh, since my mom already ranks on my gaming and has voiced her opinion of 'They killed it' after 5 seconds of the animation, I don't want to know how she'd react if she knew. Things work better for me when she doesn't know. rolleyes.gif

I'd love to make it to a RL meet-up, actually.

I've got a bunch of old Gen1 ponies slated for customization if I ever find the time for them.

My sister left them behind when she moved nine years ago and we came across them last summer.

Only a few were in any kind of shape to keep, the rest had typical play signs of shredded hair and marker stains and such.

*Justification for modding gen1 ponies*

I saw that hasbro actually sells blank ponies on their website, I thought that's cool they approve of customization.

If anyone lives where the Meijer stores are located, they started getting in Blind Bag ponies! Unfortunately, they're a $2.50 compared to $1.98 at Walmart. :/

As far as a closet Pegasister goes, I guess I am. I haven't outright mentioned anything about it to my mother (as I don't really mention ANYTHING I like for fear of endless teasing) but it's kind of impossible for her not to know at this point. I mean, she pointed out my Rainbow Dash keychain on my keys (and soon to be followed by my Derpy Hooves Keychain from Mighty Fine). She had to have noticed my Lilly Blossom Blind Bag pony standing next to my Bamboo Tree and the massive amount of Blind Bag Ponies sitting on my shelf. Not to mention, the giant MLP calendar with Pinkie Pie's face on it on my wall is kind of hard to miss. She hasn't outright said anything, but i'm pretty sure she knows. At least I think. It's hard to tell if she pays attention or not.

Also, anyone order any MLP merchandise from Mighty Fine/We Love Fine? I just ordered myself five T-Shirts. I know i'll be getting the Derpy Hooves Keychain, but someone else mentioned you also get a Giant Reusable Bag, a Poster, some stickers and a Blind Bag Pony? Can anyone else confirm this? I love free goodies and if this is true, that would be AAWEESOME. :3

Encase anyone was curious, these are the ones I ordered:

http://www.welovefine.com/2269-sweet-apple-cider.html

http://www.welovefine.com/2266-lost-in-everfree.html

http://www.welovefine.com/2257-phd-in-adorableness.html

http://www.welovefine.com/2226-queen-chrysalis.html

http://www.welovefine.com/2116-rainbow-contrails.html

I wish I would have waited a little longer, then I would have probably chosen these as well or swapped with one above:

http://www.welovefine.com/2287-archershy-flutterbow.html

http://www.welovefine.com/2277-snuggle-muffin.html

I'm excited to see them. I own one Chococat Might Fine TV and it's really comfortable. And LONG which I appreciate, being a tall girl. You have no idea how much it sucks being a 6 foot tall girl as far as clothing is concerned. x_x

I also have to say how funny it is that, as a child, I was more interested in toys that were more of the boys demographic (Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Power Rangers, Zoids, etc). But, now, as an adult, i'm more interested in toys of the female demographic (Collector Barbies, My Little Pony, Hello Kitty, etc). Weird how that worked.

Edited by MysticTiger

O.O Almost got caught this morning. I couldn't find a t-shirt to wear, so my mom went down to look in my drawer (where my Mcdonalds Pony Toys happen to be hidden). She said "Man, this is so messy, I'm going to clean it up." And then I just ran in and shouted "NO I'Ll do it later." She gave me a weird look, but left. I moved them...But man that was a close call!

She probably thinks you have strange, possibly illegal, objects in there. Since you brought attention to it, you know she'll probably search there when you're not home, right? At least she'll find Ponies and be relieved that it's not drugs. LOL

....PONIES. MY ANTI-DRUG. ;D

Still waiting on my Mighty Fine T-Shirts. Wow do they take long to print. o_o;

I'm just going to assume they're backed up because of the release of the contest winners.

Nobody in my family knows im a brony (I <3 Scootaloo) but my mom's new cable allows me to search shows, can't wait for my next day home alone, MLP:FiM in beautiful 1080p

I'm a closet pegasister too. (Except at school, where a lot of computer majors are bronies/pegasisters.) Instead of being teased by my parents, which is what it sounds like is the reason a lot of you guys keep it quiet, for me it's that I'd be lectured for not growing up. I get that enough from them about the books I read and the fact that I'm a gamer. At least they let me do those things, since I'm spending my own money, but that doesn't mean I don't hear about it. So liking MLP... Yeah. That would go over so well, even if I've got Facebook friends with pony profile pics.

I don't get merchandise 'cause there's other stuff I'd rather spend money on, but there is one pony t-shirt I'd want if I could:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCultur...hirt-120711.jsp

Edited by Dawnwing

I pretty much was like "Hey, I'm watching ponies on netflix, remember when I watched that show in the '90s when I was a kid and it was awful" and we all laughed about it.

I get teased about it (mostly because my 8 year old niece is obsessed too and thinks I'm the coolest aunt ever for also being a fan) but that's pretty much the extent of it (and it's playful teasing, not hurtful teasing).

Some of those mighty fine shirts are really awesome... I want some of them but $25 is a lot of money for a shirt...

Why all the closet Pony fans? /curious

I don't know any of my friends that really like cartoons (except Pokemon), let alone MLP... It doesn't come up in conversation and I don't bring it up.

user posted image

I'm a semi-closet brony because I already have little respect, if I lose anymore respect I might just poof of the face of the Earth

I'm so proud of myself. My poni drawing skills have... become 20% cooler than before ^^

Taking requests and drawing via livestream!

Some of those mighty fine shirts are really awesome... I want some of them but $25 is a lot of money for a shirt...

There's a lot of codes out there for 10-30 percent off and every once in a while, they'll have a specific shirt, half off. I don't normally spend this much on clothing either, but... I had to. The ponies compelled me.

*pops in*

I'm a new fan of MLP FiM.

Didn't take me long to watch all of them.

But, zzzzzz........

Why all the closet Pony fans? /curious

Because it's My Little Pony. And America is a macho society.

My parents have absolutely no right to tease me about occasionally watching MLP:FiM when I feel that an episode might be decent. Why? Because my aunt still loves Lizzie McGuire and my mom watches Anpanman.

No. Right.

And yet they still like to snicker and joke that I love the show.

O' course, the weird thing is, I don't even like the show as much as you guys seem to. >_>; It's pretty good, not that great, but it does have a few good moments. Spike, Gilda, Discord, and Rarity are great, but I don't care that much about the other characters. Can't really figure out why so many people like it, hm...

Guys give me some insight

Edited by Zovesta

but I don't care that much about the other characters. Can't really figure out why so many people like it, hm...

Well, you won't like it as much if you don't like the mane six, obviously. ;D

But, from what i've heard, the main reason people like it is because of Animation and Storytelling. Music is another one that pops up.

I like it for a mixture of everything. I love how bouncy the animation is, I love the stories, I love the characters, I love the music (for the most part), I like the references they make and I love the cuteness factor. It's just kind of the thing I really love to love. Like Kittens. :D

But, from what i've heard, the main reason people like it is because of Animation and Storytelling. Music is another one that pops up.

Funnily enough the animation is why I *don't* like it. I imagine I might quite enjoy the story, and possibly some of the characters, but I simply can't stand watching that style of animation for more than a minute or so. And I have tried.