7sharps

My Little Pony

MLP: FiM has subtle humour and characters that can be appreciated by adults. I think that in this case saying that it's for kids means that you're too old for the kiddy part but not mature enough to appreciate the rest of it. :b

Then again, that goes for a lot of fantasy franchises.

Edited by lightbird

I only actually watched half the episode and could barely focus or make out what they were saying because when I'm tired and have played Portal too much, I can't comprehend stuff like normal. I probably only understood the kid part anyway.

You probably don't understand...

So maybe I do like it, I just really haven't really watched it yet.

I just know myself to generally not sample shows/books/anything when I'm tired or distracted. :b

Sure, if you generally don't like it, then you generally don't like it. It's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine when someone says that something is only appropriate for certain groups of audience, especially when it's a nod to childishness.

Edited by lightbird

O_O

Just when I thought Pinkie couldn't get any more crazier. She takes it up to a whole new level and goes completely MAD.

I couldn't help myself but to leave a grin on my face seeing Pinkie in her demented state. I just love seeing a goody-goody character turning bitter and insane. >:]

AUGH

AUGH

MUST FINISH WATCHING 15 EPISODES ON YOUTUBE BEFORE THE WEEK IS OVER SO I CAN TRY TO WATCH THE SEASON FINALE ON TV

-flails-

(I'm currently watching Winter Wrap-Up. The part where Rarity has spent the entire time trying to fix Twilight's nest and bursts into tears made me laugh so hard I had to watch it again, because I suffered a similar reaction upon trying to think of a reasonable, semi-realistic interpretation of My Immortal.)

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Wait there was always a show o.O I didn't know that. I have, what, 21 My Little Pony toys from when I was five, and right after MLP became ugly (since I STILL didn't know there was a show then, I mean the toys. They dont have hair anymore, and the heads became big, AND WHERE DID REFRIGERATOR PONEEZ GO?) I stopped playing with them (They became killer ponies when I brought them back from the basement)

I stopped caring a long time ago about whether or not something is childish, or what the target audience is. If I like it, I like it, simple as that.

'Nuff said.

It's easier when you don't live with two trollish teenage brothers who found out about you watching it because your mom told them. After promising not to. )X

But actually, I've found that the more open and less ashamed I act of watching it, the more and more feeble and ineffective their mocking becomes. For instance, it used to bother me when my oldest brother would walk up and stare over my shoulder and read the descriptions in as mocking and silly a voice as possible with the sole purpose of making me uncomfortable; now, I offer to take off the headphones and let him watch too, at which point he skedaddles. :3

Edited by Carnivorous M.

That was a kipping scary episode. o.o;

Oh, dear... I want to see the newest episode now, but I'm worried that it will remind me of Cupcakes. -traumatized eyetwitch-

Oh, dear... I want to see the newest episode now, but I'm worried that it will remind me of Cupcakes. -traumatized eyetwitch-

Oh, it's not THAT bad.

Pinkie just gets a little attached to inanimate objects for a couple minutes.

Cupcakes?

Has anyone else noticed that we (as viewers) have never been to Rainbow Dash's house before? blink.gif

We're practically in Twilight's Tree-house most of the time, been to Rarity's Shop and seen her fine works, had somewhat a sleepover at Fluttershy's Cottage home, partied at Pinkie Pies sugarcoated house, and visited Applejack's Barn house every now and then. But no tour to Rainbow Dashes living quarters. sad.gif

This came up to me as I watched the 'Party of One' episode and when Pinkie Pie was dancing at the footsteps of her friend's home (but for Rainbow Dash's case, inside the basket of a blimp. laugh.gif). But then it hit me, we have never seen the inside of her awesome sky house. *tries to peek inside and falls off*

EDIT: Wording

Edited by Sombreon

Cupcakes?

It's a horrible, horrible fanfic in which Pinkie Pie tortures Rainbow Dash to death. With the implication that she's done it to many other ponies. I only read part of it, and it almost made me cry because it was so sick. If someone ever tries to link you to it, run away.

And wow, I've never noticed that. First she has no pet of her own, and now no house? Whazzap wif dat? O_o

Edited by Carnivorous M.

O_o

Guess that's a good thing that I'm very cautious when choosing fanfic to read. Unless I want to experience something along the lines of "I asked for it".

Not going to read it.

Edited by lightbird

Eeeeh, I'm definitely gonna skip reading that one lol. I learned my lesson with "Agony in Pink" ._.;

Half of me is curious in reading those kind of fics. But my other half fears the dark insanity that awaits me in reading those fan made pony fics. @_@

...Should I, or should I not....

You shouldn't. Definitely shouldn't. I've never read Agony in Pink, but I imagine it's about that bad. :X

SO. What are you guys' guesses as to what will happen in the season finale?

I'm half insane anyway. I've seen things that have scared me for life. No going back now. My soul is broken and nothing can break it any more than it is. I might just read those fanfics someday. Someday...

I swear there was an episode where we've seen Dash's house. The one with the griffin, no?

I swear there was an episode where we've seen Dash's house. The one with the griffin, no?

Yeah we have seen it... Just not on the inside.

And that one episode where we had a sky tour to her city(not sure what's it called) but again we didn't get to see her home. dry.gif

I actually read cupcakes and wasn't really affected by it. I've read enough crap that I'm pretty much immune by now. Freaky? Definitely. The worst thing ever? Heck no. It wasn't exactly an enjoyable story though. It's just another bad fanfiction.

*sigh* I caved... but I wasn't successful. I tried Cupcakes... but I couldn't read it to the extent.... No matter how much I tried. I am forever cursed with PTSD. dry.gif

Not sure if I should be damning my PTSD or thanking it.

Was able to read the first few paragraphs but as I got the gore... my mind wouldn't let me continue. Instead of reading it, I just skimmed through it and by the looks of it, the events broadens until the end.

Yea, this is something I should keep away forever.