7sharps

My Little Pony

I used to watch the original, but I don't remember it... the new one is cute. But I'm not addicted like most people are. c:

I can't believe I've watched this... yet another victim falls for the ponies. dry.gif

Why is this series so good? I've never watched the original MLP before, I took glances of it when I was young but never have I sat down and watched it with my full attention... until now. Was the original series this good?

This show has somewhat became addicting to me... and now I can't fend myself into watching the rest of the episodes.

I blame you gals here with Pony pics on your Sigs and Avas. >.<

I can't believe I've watched this... yet another victim falls for the ponies. dry.gif

Why is this series so good? I've never watched the original MLP before, I took glances of it when I was young but never have I sat down and watched it with my full attention... until now. Was the original series this good?

This show has somewhat became addicting to me... and now I can't fend myself into watching the rest of the episodes.

I blame you gals here with Pony pics on your Sigs and Avas. >.<

Actually, at least half the pony avatar/sig brigade are guys...

I know I have almost 50 of the toys. ._. (No idea where they are nao)

Actually, at least half the pony avatar/sig brigade are guys...

Then I should join the club and get myself a pony Sig for myself. laugh.gif

Only have watched episode 1. I still got about a dozen more to stream (thanks for the link, Dr. Paine). I'll view the rest when I get the free time.

Started watching Pilot.

At first glance the visual style resembles Powerpuff Girls, though way less ugly, and the animation seems pretty smooth.

Does Twilight Sparkle get better? Unless she does, I am going to haaaaaate her. :B

Started watching Pilot.

At first glance the visual style resembles Powerpuff Girls, though way less ugly, and the animation seems pretty smooth.

Does Twilight Sparkle get better? Unless she does, I am going to haaaaaate her. :B

The main character? I haven't been following names, but I'm guessing it's that one. Yes, she get's better a bit. She gets her companions and pretty much has to learn what having friends is about....they can be both a curse and a blessing at times. I'm guessing that's the premise of the show though.

I am so glad that the bronies are spreading.

GO BRONIES!

Seriously, my best friend's boyfriend got us hooked on the show a few months ago. Been watching it ever since.

Edit: Lightbird, the visual style is similar to Powerpuff Girls because the art for both was concepted/done by Lauren Faust.

Edited by Kila

Aha.

Never really cared about Powerpuff Girls that much. |D

And I seriously think I'm going to like Pinky Pie. 8B

Muuuh, I'm so reminded of Winx Club |D Especially with Fluttershy. So much like Flora! <3

I am so glad that the bronies are spreading.

GO BRONIES!

Seriously, my best friend's boyfriend got us hooked on the show a few months ago. Been watching it ever since.

Edit: Lightbird, the visual style is similar to Powerpuff Girls because the art for both was concepted/done by Lauren Faust.

You are welcome. tongue.gif

I'm so glad I found this thread. I had no idea so many people here would like the show!

It is slightly creepy that the show is most popular with 20-30-year-old men. Uhh...

I was all set to dislike it, and I actually did after getting past the two-part opener, but Applejack saved it for me - her and the Apple family. I'd always loved Applejack.

Twilight Sparkle annooooooys me. Though I think she kind of got the short stick when it comes to names.

Edited by drusharte

I didn't realize the beginning two-parts were separated episodes. So I've actually watched 1 and 2. Along with recent 3. Even with these videos watched I still can't remember all of their names fully. tongue.gif

Lets see if I got this right; out of the top of my head. Main cast:

Twilight

Pinky

Apples

Rainbow

Rarity

Fluttershy

*prepares to be derped at*

I didn't realize the beginning two-parts were separated episodes. So I've actually watched 1 and 2. Along with recent 3. Even with these videos watched I still can't remember all of their names fully.  tongue.gif

Lets see if I got this right; out of the top of my head. Main cast:

Twilight Sparkle

Pinkie Pie

Applejack

Rainbow Dash

Rarity

Fluttershy

*prepares to be derped at*

Fixed the first few, though most of what you put were acceptable as shortened versions (Applejack is usually shortened to AJ).

Edited by Dr. Paine

I remember the old shows and films... I don't know the new ones now.

I played with the toys when I was little. I really enjoyed watching.

But I guess now I'm too old for it xd.png

I have to watch it again and again when being with my little cousin together...

Well thanks to you guys I've now started watching it. I've actually laughed quite a few times, it's a cute show. I absolutely adore Pinkie Pie, she is just hilarious.

I was actually never really into My Little Pony when I was little. I remember having a few of the toys but I didn't really play with them too much. I was more into Barbie. tongue.gif

Edited by tikigurl91

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha, man, I am quick on the uptake.

/just now got the Dr. Whooves/Dr. Who thing

What I like about this new series is that the characters are WAAYYY different then they're last-generation counterparts.

Rainbow Dash used to be a british earth pony

And Pinkie Pie used to be a reserved terrible singer.

Fixed the first few, though most of what you put were acceptable as shortened versions (Applejack is usually shortened to AJ).

Silly Paine, that's not how you spell Pinkie Pie.

----> FOREVER!

Edited by Alpha1

Thanks, Dr. Pain. But I still wont refer to them by their full names. =]

Got episode 4 streamed down.

Macintosh; ha, clever. laugh.gif

Just that one highlight I wanted to point out.

Thanks, Dr. Pain. But I still wont refer to them by their full names. =]

Got episode 4 streamed down.

Macintosh; ha, clever. laugh.gif

Just that one highlight I wanted to point out.

McIntosh is actually a type of apple, which he and the famous Mac computers were named after biggrin.gif They just can't call him 'Big Mac' because of McDonalds....

Got to episode 6 today, loved the Ursa Major/Minor bit. x3

McIntosh is actually a type of apple, which he and the famous Mac computers were named after biggrin.gif They just can't call him 'Big Mac' because of McDonalds....

Ah, okay. I heard the name and thought the writers were trying pull a fast one. o.o

I guess it's just me. dry.gif

Still liking the episodes but 2 things what dislike about them.

First and foremost; the theme song. GOD! How much I can't stand this! Really. I don't know about everyone but I for one absolutely loath this part the most. It just makes me want to- *head bangs against a wall* Couldn't they have come up with something completely different?

Second and in relation: Pinkies singing! And just when I thought the theme wasn't enough. >.< *Pinkie bursts into song* NOOO! Anything but that! I'd rather listen to her excessive nagging than listening to her torturing sirens she calls singing. I'm not hating on Pinkie(deep down I really like her) it's her singing that must perish.

I do appreciate music, it's just the singing I can't bare to hear.

Everything else I'm OK with. Characters, plot, design, all great.

Well, keep in mind, this is aimed at little girls, of course there's going to be an obnoxious theme song and singing out of nowhere.

Personally, Pinkie's songs hit and miss with me. I did enjoy her song in Bridle Gossip (and hearing Fluttershy sing it was hilarious), but the others... ... eh. Don't like 'em, don't hate 'em.

Yea, I should had guessed sooner. xd.png

I just hope nothing in brain snaps while I'm going through these episodes. ._.

Ep. 5 watched, the Griffon one.

Pinkie had me going at the ending. I really thought she had something devious brewing in her mind. And just when I was having a different perspective over here. Oh well. laugh.gif