7sharps

My Little Pony

Let's see... Kila, Emby, Particle Soup, Corteo, and Dis all have pretty epic sigs. Why don't you ask them, Dr. Paine?

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Let's see... Kila, Emby, Particle Soup, Corteo, and Dis all have pretty epic sigs. Why don't you ask them, Dr. Paine?

Mmmm... I probably will ^^ Good god, I have a huge collection of graphics built up xd.png

Anyway, I'm on episode 10 now (Swarm of the Century). I really enjoyed the one right before it, with Zecora... I hope we see more of her in future episodes! (And more Princess Luna, I'd love to see how they develop her)

I just finished part two of the pilot. So far, my favorite character is Rainbow Dash, but Flutter Shine is epic as well.

*Goes off to hunt for Rainbow Dash sig*

This "surprisingly good" thing is getting me intrigued. Might check this out during next week~

I'm now slightly afraid to watch it. It sounds like a drug. xd.png

But only the best drug trip you'll ever experience~

Definitely going to bandwagon sometime and make a my little pony sig as well... when I stop being lazy. xd.png

IKR? I don't even enjoy a lot of the humor or get many of the references, but there's just something about the show that makes me want to keep watching.

NO BLAME SHALL BE PLACED ON ANY PERSONS.

Zecora? Cool. I find her weird, personally; her rhyme-speak is annoying.

Nope, definitely the artists fault. x3

Haha, I find rhyme-speak hilarious. She also has an awesome voice. @_@

... now. Who here is good at making the Pony sigs/stuff?

I believe ParticleSoup was the one offering for artists before, so he might be your best bet. He'd love to see more bronies about, I think. x3

Nope, definitely the artists fault. x3

Haha, I find rhyme-speak hilarious. She also has an awesome voice. @_@

I believe ParticleSoup was the one offering for artists before, so he might be your best bet. He'd love to see more bronies about, I think. x3

I already PM'd him xd.png

I wonder if it'd look weird to have a set of Applejack signature things and a Doctor Who avatar...

ETA: I'd also like to add that the world of this show is... actually quite fascinating. I've seen so many things where something is supposed to be responsible for the sun/moon's movements, or the seasons... but it's great to see something that actually goes fairly in depth on showing that. And the fact that a place where things operate on their own (or 'normally') is... bizarre and frightening to them. The worldbuilder in me loves that xd.png And wonders if time is included in the list of 'things ponies are responsible for', and if so, is Doctor Whooves responsible? You could probably get a nice one-shot story out of working with that, even if you remove the whole 'lolhestheDoctor' thing.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I wonder if it'd look weird to have a set of Applejack signature things and a Doctor Who avatar...

I plan on having a Rainbow Dash sig and a Pokemon avatar, so it can't be much stranger than that. xd.png

I'm pretty terrible at avatars and signatures, so I can't help... my current signature sucks.

I agree with you on the world, Dr. Paine. It's really fascinating in Winter Wrap Up how the ponies themselves have to clean up winter; essentially, they create spring. It's just so cool. I also really like the mythical creatures used, from cockatrices to manticores to phoenixes.

So: it was bound to come up: who's your favorite character? Two categories here; core ponies (Spike, the six friends, the Cutie Mark Crusaders), and secondary characters (Photo Finish, Doctor Whooves, etc.).

For main ponies, my favorite is Apple Bloom, with Rarity being a close second, and for secondary characters... eh. I can never remember many. Probably Big Macintosh or somesuch.

I'm pretty terrible at avatars and signatures, so I can't help... my current signature sucks.

I agree with you on the world, Dr. Paine. It's really fascinating in Winter Wrap Up how the ponies themselves have to clean up winter; essentially, they create spring. It's just so cool. I also really like the mythical creatures used, from cockatrices to manticores to phoenixes.

So: it was bound to come up: who's your favorite character? Two categories here; core ponies (Spike, the six friends, the Cutie Mark Crusaders), and secondary characters (Photo Finish, Doctor Whooves, etc.).

For main ponies, my favorite is Apple Bloom, with Rarity being a close second, and for secondary characters... eh. I can never remember many. Probably Big Macintosh or somesuch.

Core characters: Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Pinkie Pie all seem to be the ones I like the most.

Secondary: Derpy Hooves (or, if/when she is canonized, Ditzy Doo- I've heard rumors that that is her official name, and she will be getting a part biggrin.gif), Doctor Whooves (I admit, I like him as a pegasus more xd.png), and... does Zecora count as core or secondary?

And I know! I about squeed when I saw a manticore, then they go and bring out a hydra and cockatrice! All they need to use now is a yale and my inner mythology nut will have a heart attack. It's great to see that, while this is quite obviously aimed at young girls, it's still extremely well done. The lessons don't feel forced, the humor works, the characters are more rounded than you see in most popular novels... and it's a great thing to watch when you've woken up from a nightmare that involves insanely evil, slightly sadistic aliens ._.

ETA: I'm also starting to wonder how a rp set in this world might go xd.png

Edited by Dr. Paine

Main characters: Apple Bloom. <3

Secondary: THE CARROT PONY and Zecora. <3

Lolololol, if I thought I could keep up with an RP, I'd join that. >D

Wokay, my signature is now slightly less bad. I still need to try to get something epicly adorable of Apple Bloom...

Once again, I agree with Dr. Paine; Zecora is probably my favorite secondary character.

A MLP: FiM roleplay would be quite cool.

Main characters: Apple Bloom. <3

Secondary: THE CARROT PONY and Zecora. <3

Lolololol, if I thought I could keep up with an RP, I'd join that. >D

You could be a sock pony biggrin.gif There's got to be one with a talent for making socks xd.png

So, some questions: I'm still getting through the show (on episode 18 now), but I'd like to hear theories on currently unexplained marks. For example: Derpy Hooves has seven bubbles. I've seen one fanfic that explains it (I'll provide the link if you want, but be warned: it will make you cry. And you will probably never look at the pony world the same again), but I'd like something less... soul crushing. Or Doctor Whooves- fun as the connections are, I doubt he's a Time Lord turned pony, but my current theory is either he is responsible for keeping time going (hey, we already have a pair that control the sun and moon), or makes clocks/sundials/hourglasses/time pieces of all sorts.

The little snail-mark pony (Snails, I think) is also... odd. What kind of talent would involve snails?

ETA: xd.png Well, there seems to be an unspoken rule of only one person can claim a pony for graphics, I am now calling use of Whooves x3. (Particle Soup found a lot of good ones, anyway biggrin.gif)

Edited by Dr. Paine

Due to peer pressure, I was forced to watch the pilot two-parter episode of Friendship is Magic.

I wasn't impressed. >_>; But I guess it's the show that drags you in, huh?

Bahaha, a sock cutie mark. x3

I've been wondering about those myself, Paine! I'm not good at explanations like that, though, so I was hoping others would have better ones or they'd be explained somewhere at some point, lol.

Lol, yeah, Zove. I finished the first episode like "why the heck are they so obsessed with this? o_O" . . . Then I clicked the link for the second episode to watch. ._.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Well, alrighty, then. Everyone at Bogleech loves the show. You know. Bogleech. Site of horrors and your worst nightmares. =|

I'll watch some other episodes, then, when I get time. They said these were good: Applebuck Season, or Bridle Gossip, A Pony and Dog show, Swarm of the Century, Griffon the Brush-Off, and Boast Busters.

Do you guys think those were any good?

Bahaha, a sock cutie mark. x3

I've been wondering about those myself, Paine! I'm not good at explanations like that, though, so I was hoping others would have better ones or they'd be explained somewhere at some point, lol.

Lol, yeah, Zove. I finished the first episode like "why the heck are they so obsessed with this? o_O" . . . Then I clicked the link for the second episode to watch. ._.

-nod-

Well, it's fun to come up with our own explanations x3 I think Derpy's bubbles are more to do with being... bubbly x3. She just seems like she'd be the type to be floating around, doing her own thing, like going off in some random direction to find birds x3.

And I won't be putting them up just yet, but a big thanks to ParticleSoup for helping me get on the Brony Bandwagon:

user posted image

user posted image

@Zovesta: Out of those, I'd go with Applebuck, Bridle Gossip, and Swarm of the Century.

Edited by Dr. Paine

So you just asked Particle Soup? I'm not sure I'd be capable of doing that... I'm always deathly afraid I'll be horrendously rude to artists somehow.

I bet an episode focusing on Derpy would be epic, if they combined her with Ditzy Doo.

Those are all good, Zovesta. Personally, I recommend Winter Wrap Up, Bridle Gossip, and Suited for Success for good episodes.

So you just asked Particle Soup? I'm not sure I'd be capable of doing that... I'm always deathly afraid I'll be horrendously rude to artists somehow.

I bet an episode focusing on Derpy would be epic, if they combined her with Ditzy Doo.

Those are all good, Zovesta. Personally, I recommend Winter Wrap Up, Bridle Gossip, and Suited for Success for good episodes.

He was actually very happy about it xd.png

Just finished Over a Barrel, which seems to be the latest episode uploaded to Youtube, I think the next few are just too new.

THAT IS WHERE YOU'RE WRONG, MANTIS MAN!

There's a new one called Bird in the Hoof. tongue.gif

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Ep 22: A Bird in Hoof

PensivePony (Youtube, Full)

The Minecraft forum thread has a resource of all the episodes (The forum and even that thread aren't really SFW, so I'm not gonna link it).

Also, should we work on a roleplay? I wouldn't really want to run it unless nobody else does, but we'd need a plot first; all I can think of is that some mythological creature, possibly related to winter and snow, possesses Luna the day before the ponies clean up winter, and plunges the world into an eternal winter night, and the ponies have to find the Elements of Power. Only that's a fairly easily resolved conflict, and seems too... simple. I dunno.

So... it's a fine idea to PM Particle Soup? unsure.gif

THAT IS WHERE YOU'RE WRONG, MANTIS MAN!

There's a new one called Bird in the Hoof. tongue.gif

Latest one uploaded to Youtube.

I will check again though, so who knows xd.png Okay, never mind biggrin.gif

... still want to try out a MLP rp, maybe a small one. -has had ideas on Doctor Whoof xd.png-

I've also heard Princess Luna will make more appearances in the next season. This makes me wonder something- the ponies seem to have a celebration for the longest day of the year, an analogue to human midsummer celebrations. Will we eventually see a celebration of the longest night of the year? That'd be a nice way to show off Luna again.

As to a plot... I did actually consider having Luna be a central character, maybe something working with getting her accepted by others? There could still be some lingering fear about the whole 'mare in the moon' thing. I don't know xd.png (Maybe we should take this to CPA/PM/somewhere else, I don't think this is quite the right place to discuss plot.)

Edited by Dr. Paine

Somehow I knew there was a thread for this here. I don't remember the old show..I was more from the age of Carebears and ninja turtles. After ParticleSoup informed me that one of the people who worked on Foster's (while yelling "PONIES!") actually worked on this show, I was interested. I kinda wanted to fill some kind of hole that still missed that show.

I watched the first episode and I was surprised by how smooth the animation is. the voices can be a bit cheesy, but are mostly good. The characters are definitely interesting. I didn't need to get used to the art style since I had already been exposed to it.

I have noticed though that the show is working it's magic on people ranging from the mid teens to early 20s, both male and female. This is definitely an odd show.