TJ09

2011-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Lately when Holiday sprites release, the artists have been allowed special sprites. Just watch the artists to see if theirs hatch special or not =)

You can also trade for one after the fact. I've seen several being offered up on the trade thread.

And if there are artist's sprites enjoy watching everyone scramble in hopes of getting an offspring. wink.gif

*has scrolls bookmarked and stalks*

Edited by Sir Barton

I had no idea people could get them for you; doesn't that involve giving your account information, or has that changed now?

I'm not really mad, just... disappointed. xd.png It sucks not being available this certain day every single year; I really love the Valentine sprites, they're my absolute favorite.

Also, are the spriter's ones different colors, or different poses? o.o

Mines hatched! ~8D

Mines hatched! ~8D

Nice.

Not gonna use EQ on mine though.

6 more hours until mine hatch as well. ^o^

EQing a holiday dragon? D:

I've never had a single success, I would never risk that.

Mean thing to do during drops - snag, EQ to kill, snag more. Or do the dead eggs count?

Edited by RheaZen

I'd never earthquake mine xd.png too risky to lose during the holiday

Definitely, especially since there's only 6 more hours to wait, for those of us who got them in the first wave smile.gif

ETA: Dead eggs count now.

Edited by Drakrono

Mines hatched! ~8D

But one of your eggs is dead. sad.gif

My eggs are softshelled, but they'll live through it.

Mmff, poor eggs. They're so sweet, but most of their kind have died.

Oh well. Mine survived, so I'm happy. ^^

Is it me, or does it seem like Valentine eggs are always particularly delicate?

I never had a Christmas egg get sick, but I always have to keep an eye on my Valentines.

Earthquake?

Yeah, it was an EQ.

Mmff, poor eggs. They're so sweet, but most of their kind have died.

Oh well. Mine survived, so I'm happy. ^^

DIED? Don't people Incubate their eggs? I think that helps with SS and I almost always use Incubate.

Naw. I removed mine from the hatcheries so they will do well till they hatch. biggrin.gif

I'll put them back sometime tomorrow when I'll be able to watch them.

I always always always fog holiday eggs and hatchies when I'm not online, even if they're not sick. That way nothing can happen that I'm not there to fix!

Mine'll hatch in five hours! ^_^ Can't wait to see that adults.

I MISSED AN EGG DROP!?!?!

*sobs*

Every holiday, deary. Well, most of the Hallmark ones, at least. You should be able to get some second-gens next year, don't worry too much...

I found these eggs particularly delicate. I managed to breed my first 09 and 10 Valentines(caught this year) when they matured which was a buzz but I had to watch them like a hawk and fog them to get them there.

I was happy I could send some eggs out for other folks to be happy the way I was when I managed to grab some.

I am fighting the urge to hover over the eggs and watch their progress. First time I have ever had eggs bred on my scroll that I didn't keep.

This was fun and I like the new eggs.

cool.gif

*gulps* I seem to have the most problems with Valentine dragons when it comes to soft shell/sickness. I've had to fog my eggs a numerous time compared to any other eggs before.

I took a gamble last night and stuck to my usual routine for hatching eggs. Needless to say, I woke up and saw one of my eggs had developed soft shell while I was asleep. Not taking a risk again. =p

Is it me, or does it seem like Valentine eggs are always particularly delicate?

I never had a Christmas egg get sick, but I always have to keep an eye on my Valentines.

There seemed a pandemic of SS plaguing the Ribbondancers as well, so I feel like all the Holidays are really fragile.

There seemed a pandemic of SS plaguing the Ribbondancers as well, so I feel like all the Holidays are really fragile.

Its not exactly this, all the people that dont get one or have not gotten one start to look in fansites which causes the people who already got one have sick dragons, or so I believe.

Funny. I don't have issues with holiday eggs and I'm one of those people who load their eggs up with views. Of course I spend far too much time on line and can watch them but I think the only holiday egg I've ever fogged was my Holly and that was only when I went to bed because other people's horror tales made me worry about it.

I don't think that the eggs are really any more fragile then other eggs. I think the issue comes from people being over excited to see them hatch so they post them to fan sites early. Couple that with all the added traffic the fan sites get because everyone wants to see them hatch (and help them hatch) and I think you have the reason behind sickness in holiday eggs.