TJ09

2011-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I've never had a sick hatchling.

I also managed to get 1 '09 Valentine's egg and 1 '10 Valentine's egg from the abandoned area.

I'm happy. cool.gif

Edited by Skitty8

);

Can someone give my one?

I can give another back that is on my scroll.

I will do it better next holiday, or next, or next......

dry.gif

Whenever your eggs get sick, you have to fog them and wait until the text about the sickness disappears. Even when that happens, wait a few minutes before unfogging them.

...Were the eggs only here for one day?

oh please tell me it isn't so i would much love to have one but alas yesterday was a ...very big meany not once was i able to get to a computer.... :'( </3

Really adorable sprites this year around, the adults must be beautiful, and this time they're female. I can't wait for when they grow up!

I don't usually consider freezing a Holiday dragon as I like to share the love, but these hatchies are so utterly adorable, I'm thinking about doing so. I probably won't, but they are gorgeous and so huggable smile.gif

Is it just mine or are these girls some big attention hogs? I got mine within the first hour of release, they have never been sick, and they have more than enough views to start hatching yet haven't got a single crack in them.

I'm glad I got two, but one has died! (too many views maybe!)

Now I'm afraid the other one will too... mad.gif

And its too late to get another, this is why this game often frustrates.

Edited by Steampunk

WHAT. THE. HECK.

I bred some Valentine dragons yesterday (A 2009 and a 2010), and now the eggs are GONE! blink.gif WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED???? THEY WERE THERE YESTERDAY AND NOW POOF!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Not this year actually. I think there was a period of at least four hours in the morning where the site was down .-. So, this event was less then 24 hours.

I mean, unless TJ extended it into the early hours of today. I'm not sure if he did.

OK - but that too was the same for everyone.

@ dragonflames - you are up to your limit of 2 of each (one adult and one hatchie) so they would have autoabandoned.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

So wait people...your telling me that you were busy TWENTY-FOUR hours and couldn't come on for 5 minutes to catch or have someone catch for you? Also, what about the other people outside the US? I don't see them really having a problem with the server being in EST.

People will be willing to breed these eggs next year, don't worry. Plus, if you have friends that have them or you know people here, they could breen you 2nd gens. That's better than nothing IMO.

TJ09 can't please everyone, it's just how things work here. I suggest in the future if you know it's a holiday, set your clock, get a friend, or set aside a few minutes to catch the eggys. biggrin.gif

Oh well, I was able to snag some for myself at Midnight and helped others. I hope everyone had a great Valentines day with their loved ones and for the people who got new eggs, congrats!

That's right. Sometimes life throws a kink in the works that doesn't allow us to have the pleasure of doing what we want to do. Instead, we are forced to do things that keep us from coming online and experiencing fun.

In 2010 I missed the egg drops for Valentines Day and Halloween and it wasn't because I went to parties or celebrations. I finally have 2 of those Vampires. The first one I managed to nab off the AP the night before Halloween. The 2nd I finally made myself just this month. Yesterday morning I managed to nab one 2010 Valentines Day egg. I had hoped for a 2nd one but it didn't happen. So instead of begging or complaining, I just waited a year to get them and hoped a lot. I'm not a member of any of the groups here so that wasn't an option.

Now I'm disabled and have a LOT of free time online, more than most people, but still sometimes I have priorities that come before what I want to do.

That being said, I'm surprised that with the messed up drops, TJ didn't extend it for awhile so that those that weren't able to get any eggs during that time could.

@dragonflames

You can only have 2 of each v-day species. So if you already had two adults, the eggs auto-abandoned.

You need to learn how to take care of sick eggs/hatchies. There is a wealth of information in the Help section. They are curable, normally. Special ones to keep an eye on are holiday, rares and new dragons as they get more views than others.

I'm really glad I put off doing homework to get online and grab myself some of these eggs. The hatchlings are by far my favorite out of any previous holiday hatchling. And I love the little roses by the wings. Roses are my favorite kind of flower. <3

@dragonflames

You can only have 2 of each v-day species. So if you already had two adults, the eggs auto-abandoned.

Actually I had an adult and a hatchling of each.

Thanks for telling me....*Sigh*

Hummm mine are haveing the same iusse and I normaly put them in three diffrent hatchieres. *puzzled look pokeing my eggies*

WB

Actually I had an adult and a hatchling of each.

Thanks for telling me....*Sigh*

Same diff - total of two - see my post above.

I had hoped for a 2nd one but it didn't happen. So instead of begging or complaining, I just waited a year to get them and hoped a lot. I'm not a member of any of the groups here so that wasn't an option.

To people who were hoping to catch older Valentine's on the AP, they're still flying through occasionally!

To people who were hoping to catch older Valentine's on the AP, they're still flying through occasionally!

YES! I have been checking since I got up and was hoping... once again... that someone was breeding late and they did! I just got my 2nd 2010 Valentines Day egg and now I'm happy. smile.gif Hope is a good thing!

I bred my 2009's yesterday and carefully chose who to breed with. While normally I try to keep the lines clean, I picked one of my inbred White Dorkfaces so that the line would carry on. I do hope the new owners will name them appropriately. cool.gif

A piece of advice to people who don't want their '11 eggs to die of sickness:

If you don't mind waiting and watching views build up slowly, I find sticking mine on DDF (Daily Dragon Fix) and DDF alone builds up my dragons' views slowly but safely over a couple of days. By the time I get to 4 days they'll have built up a nice little ratio of V/UV/C.

I think it's a safe option if you're away from your computer for a few hours, as I've never had an egg or hatchling sick by being there.

</buttingin>

I'm glad I was able to snag one of the '11 eggs. One was all I wanted, a single CB to breed next year for my second

Putting them in only one fansite instead of many usually works for me... Still, i do have enough free time at work to keep an eye on them so they don't get sick ^^

*yay for lay down bosses that allow you to fool around over the internet biggrin.gif*

OH GOD! After seeing hatchlings.... not sure if I should freeze or not.

*keeps refreshing*it.wont.LOAD >:| i wanted to check on my eggies before I leave...