TJ09

2011-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

Just noticed: each year V-day dragons become more and more fairy and childish. Valentines'09 were done as absolute dragons, their shape was playful, but somehow aggressive, and their color was dark pink. Sweetlings were much more peaceful, soft and light, as Valentine Lights (or teen's Valentine). New Rose dragons are even more soft, light and sweet, resembling a Fairy Pony more than a real dragon (at least, that's what can be said about a hatchling). I wonder is it intentional, and does it mean the community becomes younger each year?

On the other hand, we got the Black Marrow dragons this last Halloween... Those are definitely less cute and cuddly than the previous year's Pumpkins.

It's kinda hard to call from the hatchling how the adult will look. I didn't expect the '09 Valentine to be as pointy as the original was when I first saw the hatchling. I'm gonna wait to see the adult before worrying about the 'fairy pony' look. :3

Another highly successful holiday. I believe this means I am now fully caught up on all the holidays. Just need one more Holly, and I have some ideas in mind for that. biggrin.gif -sighs happily- Finally I'll be able to have more relaxing holidays, and no more extensive lock/unlock plans. /is so relieved... and then thinks about Halloween '11 and groans

are sweetlings always normal if you joined after the cb release or could my scroll be programmed as a sweetling alt thingymagig

The black Alt sweetlings were given to people who lost their Cave-grabbed eggs due to a site glitch which caused them to auto-abandon.

They're no longer available.

Edit: SockPuppet Ninja. ninja.gif

Edited by Stromboli

The abandoned page does not block the cave during holiday's. If you aren't seeing eggs, you missed the drop. As five minute drops go fast, be sure to start refreshing for them around a minute beforehand.

It's hard to make judgments when you haven't even seen the adults yet. We will never make everyone happy with any dragon. There are those that got alts that didn't like them as much as the regulars and wished they could have opted out of the alts.

I doubt it is the community becoming younger each year, but that we get new talent each year and TJ gets more and more sprites each year. VDay is usually known as a "cuter" day, so what's wrong with a "cuter" dragon?

~

A note to everyone: concrit is fine, however being rude against sprites are not. The spriters for this dragon worked very hard on them and did a terrific job! :3

Yes, you're right. I will wait for adults to make my personal final judgement.

I am sorry, if any of my words did offend the spriter, I understand all the hard work done for all of us, so even I personally dislike it, it doesn't mean anything. Still, the sprite is very well done, and obviously very well thought over. So, I beg everyone's pardon, if I sounded rude.

Do the new ones have a name yet, I'm thinking Cherubs, since they're all fat and squishy. xd.png

If anyone needs help with theirs, I'm here. ninja.gif

Oh MY GOD I WANT!!! But I just got home from work and knowing my LUCK.

I ain't going to get one T.T

do we got any characters that can catch me two lovelys please?

Do the new ones have a name yet, I'm thinking Cherubs, since they're all fat and squishy. xd.png

We won't know the name until the hatchlings mature, but I think it's got to be something to do with roses. What with the flower on the egg and the mature hatchling description making note of the flower blooming, along with all the sweet smell descriptions... yeah. :3

ETA: PS, are the drops still solid Valentines?

Edited by Stromboli

We won't know the name until the hatchlings mature, but I think it's got to be something to do with roses. What with the flower on the egg and the mature hatchling description making note of the flower blooming, along with all the sweet smell descriptions... yeah. :3

ETA: PS, are the drops still solid Valentines?

Rose Cherub? C:

Looks like I must be out of luck this year! Tried a bunch this afternoon, but the thing was reloading so slow. Now I have seen none in the cave, Are they finished? unsure.gifblink.gif

Rose Cherub? C:

Maybe. :3

The S1 hatchling was adorably chubby and squishy looking. ^-^

Edit: Sannois - Nope, we're just between drops right now. There should be more at the top of the hour.

Edited by Stromboli

Looks like I must be out of luck this year! Tried a bunch this afternoon, but the thing was reloading so slow. Now I have seen none in the cave, Are they finished? unsure.gifblink.gif

They'll likely be dropping for the rest of Valentine's here on the east coast. (It's almost 9 PM here.)

The hatchlings kind of remind me of grown horse dragons, except pink, and cuter.

has anyone seen any of the valentines leetle trees that are supposedly being released?

The leetle tree sprites people had were changed to a tree with two birds on it. The leetle trees arent dropping now.

Edited by moneyman

No it refills every five minutes smile.gif The cave CAN run out of eggs, just wait for the next drop!

On the dragons topic: I love them, they are so fluffy!!! Fluffy dragons are awesome!! biggrin.gif And so are others, but it's epically fluffy!!!!! I think it's the only super fluffy dragon so far happy.gif If the adult isn't fluffy, then I will freeze it! wink.gif

OMG it's a pony!!!! *squeeees!*

Okay okay, I know it's not, but awwwww so CUTE!!!

I know PINK is supposedly the color of Valentine's but I wonder if the spriters would ever create a Valentine's dragon that's another color.

Not that I'm complaining or anything like that, in fact, GREAT WORK spriters, for giving us pretty pretty dragons, it's just that pink is kinda...predictable, for Valentine's tongue.gif

There were the alts last year... Those were pretty. Though, some of the people who recieved alts complained that they weren't "traditional" Valentine's Day colors. You can never please everybody.

However, I for one love the sprites I've seen thus far. They're gorgeous! Obviously very well thought out. Very creative too. I can't wait to see the adults! Thanks so much to the sprites and TJ and all those who made this release possible.

The leetle tree sprites people had were changed to a tree with two birds on it. The leetle trees arent dropping now.

so what, they change with the season/holiday?