TJ09

2011-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day

I think they mean "Roses are Red" (rard) and "Violets are blue" (VaBl).

But I'm not sure. Usually his codes are clearer. o.O

Oh that would make sense xd.png

Is it true these are only dropping today? If so...then...I'm glad I got mine last night lol.

Finally got an egg. I abandoned a Canopy dragon for this, so it had better be good.

(Note, I had a Sweetling, a Spitfire, and a Water (to breed a Shallow Water) as well as the Canopy. Was the Canopy the best one to abandon?)

Yes they are amazing (coming from a guy xd.png) And I think canopy was the best to get rid of considering they are common

@ koopascave, that would have been the one I would have abandoned. I'm glad you got a V-egg! Canopies are commons, so you should have no problem catching another at a later point. V-day eggs are only for one day.

(Note, I had a Sweetling, a Spitfire, and a Water (to breed a Shallow Water) as well as the Canopy. Was the Canopy the best one to abandon?)

The water might have been best, it is common. Or maybe the spit fire, depends on your point of view.

Edited by frostmourne

I was on last night when they started to drop but too many people and too much lag for me to catch. The site was down this morning when I got up. This hourly drop was able to catch my quota.

I don't know if those are your eggs/hatchies TJ09, or whose

but just so you know, there sick, the ones on the first page

Yay! I just got two of the new eggs during the hourly drop!

They're beautiful; I've gotta hand it to the spriters. :-)

By the way: Here's a tip, if you're having problems getting one, with lag: once the cave loads, click auto-refresh (F5), then click an egg just as it begins to appear on the screen.

Another tip to getting eggs faster and easier. I had my first 10 by about 2:30AM, and that was with time to wait for people to set up passwords and getting logged in and out and all that. What I did was this:

First, go to preferences and disable Java, and disable loading images automatically. Then I went back to the cave entrance. Hover your mouse over one link. Use the F5 key to refresh. As soon as the load bar at the bottom of the screen is full, click. DO NOT wait to see a confirmation screen. Immediatly refresh and click again. Keep doing that for a few minutes straight, then check your scroll. It was taking about 30 seconds to get both eggs this morning using this system. I hope this helps anyone having trouble.

I don't know if those are your eggs/hatchies TJ09, or whose

but just so you know, there sick, the ones on the first page

They're TJ's eggs, and they're always sick. He'll revive them if they die, don't worry.

Ahhhhh, people, seriously? There's a holiday drop so obviously the best thing to do is block the cave with abandoned eggs, right. Remind me to be on your side next time. *le sigh* I am just frustrated is all...

Lovely eggs and absolutely /adorable/ hatchlings!

Already have my two--can't wait to see the adults. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I managed to get two, I had a streak of luck.

It's easier to catch on the five minute drops over hourly drops, IMO

oh my gosh. im still waiting for one of my eggs to hatch so i can be able to get my second '11 egg!!! It has to hatch soon or i'll have to drop my pb egg. ohmy.gif

Just noticed: each year V-day dragons become more and more fairy and childish. Valentines'09 were done as absolute dragons, their shape was playful, but somehow aggressive, and their color was dark pink. Sweetlings were much more peaceful, soft and light, as Valentine Lights (or teen's Valentine). New Rose dragons are even more soft, light and sweet, resembling a Fairy Pony more than a real dragon (at least, that's what can be said about a hatchling). I wonder is it intentional, and does it mean the community becomes younger each year?

Oh the hatchies are the cutest! Like My Little Ponies! *Hmms* Mah leetle poneh, mah leetle poneh, I comb and brush her haaaair..... smile.gif

oh my gosh. im still waiting for one of my eggs to hatch so i can be able to get my second '11 egg!!! It has to hatch soon or i'll have to drop my pb egg. ohmy.gif

sad.gif i would be happy to just be able to get two.

Just noticed: each year V-day dragons become more and more fairy and childish. Valentines'09 were done as absolute dragons, their shape was playful, but somehow aggressive, and their color was dark pink. Sweetlings were much more peaceful, soft and light, as Valentine Lights (or teen's Valentine). New Rose dragons are even more soft, light and sweet, resembling a Fairy Pony more than a real dragon (at least, that's what can be said about a hatchling). I wonder is it intentional, and does it mean the community becomes younger each year?

I completely agree with this

I agree that the dragons are definitely getting cuter, but this is also a very cutesy holiday. The Halloween and Christmas dragons didn't seem to be getting cutesier. If anything, the Halloween dragons got much tougher looking this year (there was nothing tough or scary looking about the Pumpkin dragons) so I would not say the site is getting younger. When people think of Valentines day, they think of flowers, chocolates, spun sugar and pink. The dragon caters to that expectation perfectly.

I Love these new dragons I have horses so im very happy that they have the Horse look to them, there is only one other dragon that has that. Thank You Dolphin they are beautiful! wub.gif

Edited by majors

I know PINK is supposedly the color of Valentine's but I wonder if the spriters would ever create a Valentine's dragon that's another color.

Not that I'm complaining or anything like that, in fact, GREAT WORK spriters, for giving us pretty pretty dragons, it's just that pink is kinda...predictable, for Valentine's tongue.gif

omg i managed to get 2 of each V egg including the sweetlings. im so proud of myself/ lol so hard finding them... esspecially considering how many other ppl are trying to get them<.< /still happy

wow i really love the hatchlings, shame i don't freeze event hatchlings. Wasn't really thrilled about a rose dragon when i first saw the eggs but after seeing the hatchlings i'm looking forward to seeing the adults now