TJ09

2011-02-13 - Contest Prizes

At last! Congrats to all the winners of both the prize dragon eggs and the honorable mentions. Can't wait to see all the hatchies. biggrin.gif

Congrats to all the winners on their eggs! When I first clicked Epic, I'm thinking "A gold?" Then it was "A really shiny gold!" The silver looks good too. I have to see a bronze. It amazes me how many clicks they already have; Abby has 278! It's good they can't die.

Like others, I hope to get these dragons' offspring!

I know that the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize dragons are guarded against death by softshell, but is it safe to assume the HMs are, too? I don't want to stick my Holly in all the click sites and then have it die. >.<

I've seen them all, they are amazing!!! I cannot wait to see the adults ;D And I want one so bad ohmy.gif Can't wait until they start breeding. Getting them is going to be an interesting experiance xd.png

I know that the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize dragons are guarded against death by softshell, but is it safe to assume the HMs are, too? I don't want to stick my Holly in all the click sites and then have it die. >.<

yes, ALL prize dragons are safe :3

I guess it's time to make friends with all the winners, huh? ;D

But yeah, much repeating of stuff that's already been said, would like to see the winning trees, can't wait for the eggs to hatch, etc.

But... I do wonder. Will the hatchlings match the egg itself, or are they just gold silver bronze to represent prizes? It'd be awesome if the dragons don't match at all so they're a complete surprise.

I think TJ said all of them would be protected, but no guarantee.

I guess it's time to make friends with all the winners, huh? ;D

But yeah, much repeating of stuff that's already been said, would like to see the winning trees, can't wait for the eggs to hatch, etc.

But... I do wonder. Will the hatchlings match the egg itself, or are they just gold silver bronze to represent prizes? It'd be awesome if the dragons don't match at all so they're a complete surprise.

According to TJ's first post they will be alternate gold and silver dragons and bronze will be a new metallic. So I would assume that they will match the eggs and be different sprites entirely from the current metallics. wink.gif

It's fantastic that the eggs have all those cool codes and that the winners are showing them.

In the far future all people who will have a gold prize will belong to one of five 'clans' biggrin.gif Like 'Lexy', 'Epic' and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if people name the offspring after the original dragon, and started a spontaneous lineage, like the Dorkface biggrin.gif

According to TJ's first post they will be alternate gold and silver dragons and bronze will be a new metallic. So I would assume that they will match the eggs and be different sprites entirely from the current metallics. wink.gif

This is so exciting, I love alt sprites smile.gif

Although the introduction of Bronze as a new species is a little surprising.

I could not imagine naming one of these beauties 'Dorkface' xd.png Oh man. lol. But I can just imagine some of the wonderful lineages we're going to be seeing soon enough :3

Alts? Would it be possible to breed a regular gold and get it or is it like a separate species kind of variation? If that made any sense. tongue.gif

Stupid Question = =WHERE CAN WE SEE THEM ?? PLEASE

blink.gifunsure.gif

Go back a few pages, there are links posted throughout the thread :3

Alts? Would it be possible to breed a regular gold and get it or is it like a separate species kind of variation? If that made any sense. tongue.gif

Who ever confirmed these were alts?

If you're thinking of the tree contest post, he said let's call them 'gold/silver/bronze', not that the species ARE Gold/Silver/Bronze.

And even if that were the case, no. If so, there wouldn't be much of a reason to have any of them except the bronze breed, and he said they will all be breedable and produce more of their type.

The OP from the decorating contest said:

# The first, second, and third place winners will each receive a variant of a never-before-seen dragon. Let's call these variants gold, silver, and bronze. First place gets the gold variant, second place gets the silver variant, third place gets the bronze variant.

# Gold prize dragons can breed more gold prize dragons, silver can breed more silver, bronze can breed more bronze. There will be no limits on how many of these dragons you can have.

Now, theoretically, if you stretch it, this could refer to a type of alt. However, as it stands, there is nothing to support any theory other than that these are three variants of a brand new breed that might happen to be metallic. And that, right now, is just a possibility, it could be a very misleading egg. Or they only have some metallic markings.

Also adding that I have not seen ANYTHING to support the idea that these are, in any way, alts of Golds and Silvers, nor that breeding Golds and Silvers could possibly produce one of these eggs.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I thought they were ALL variations on the same, never-before-seen dragon?

I thought they were ALL variations on the same, never-before-seen dragon?

That's what I thought... hm...

Hmm, there seems to be a bit of confusion stemming from semantic misinterpretation...