Sign in to follow this  
mjhsucks

Deviant ART

I mostly just fave things on dA. I might upload something soon, I don't know yet. I can only do a few artistic things, like photography and some painting.

I've somehow managed to avoid the pr0n-and-tits side of DA the last couple of years. o___o Is it really that rampant? But then, I stick to viewing the art of the people I watch and that's about it. XD Probably for good reason. How very sad... :<

For me, it's a neat and pretty way to organize and upload my art. ^^ It's a great networking tool for my adoptables, too. *shrugs* So I guess I can't complain about it. C:

I've lost a lot of faith in DA. Post a pair of tits and it gets a view/fav overload. Lame >_>. Everything is art+tits on there now. Just look at the DD's.

Only way to actually get noticed is to do fan art. That's about it. Which is sad. I've dropped to that level recently. v_V

Anyway that's not the reason I've lost faith in the site. Art theft is rampant on the site. Submit anything half way descent and it's stolen immediately. Not only that but reporting something is about useless. I don't even know why they have the dAmn button there. All they do is tell you to go file a ticket, and they'll get back to you half past never. Then you have to be the owner of the stolen art otherwise theirs nothin anyone can do about it. They don't even do anything if it's the weekend (wtf). Meaning you can steal all the art you want over the weekend and then take it down and never get in trouble with the admins or mods. Let alone once you file the ticket it's a 4 day waiting process for a mod to come check out the situation >_>. It should just be a "report deviation as stolen, give them a link at what was stolen, mod looks at the dates, and deletes the newer one" plain and simple. Nope not even close. If something of yours is stolen Expect 6-8 days before anything happens. It's like they don't even care.

Your only hope is to post a blog (given that people even watch you or your stuff) and tell people about it, so they can go and harass the thief to take it down. If they don't, don't expect much from the site and assume the worst ... yeah it's that bad.

All the reasons I don't go anymore. I use it simply now to upload my images and use it as a portfolio. I keep comments turned off. I'd use Furaffinity for the same thing, but people freak out about it and the "adult" content there. I've seen much more adult content on DA. Putting on the adult content on does little good on DA, since people put it on for ridiculous things and vaginal photographs go unchecked without one. The site was nice to use a few years ago and it's gone downhill ever since.

Furaffinity is a much friendlier site and contrary to popular belief, there are all forms of art there. They even have, gasp, a category to upload music to.

Sign in to follow this