mjhsucks

Deviant ART

I personally live on the website~

I haven't really submitted anything for a long time but still...

Speaking of witch, clickey for my DA:

user posted image

Well I think dA is fine on some levels. I personally stay out of the forums due to some people randomly spamming my page with chain letters.... and trolling.

I live on the art sharing portion of it. The yaoi/yuri, nude, and other sorts of romance stuff I really don't care about since it doesn't chaff at my shoulders. It's all a matter of making art and making love. Not too many people are comfy with the concept of it, namely a big handful of deviants, which explains why most of dA are homophobes. To hell with them.

It's art. Not to the ones viewing it, but the one making it.

People who don't seem to have much skill need more attention. dA is all about growing as an artist. But nowadays people tend to follow the next trendsetter and DD makers, or just people who have like, 1000 times more skill than the little guys who get beaten up over how much their art "sucks". Just kills them....and they end up quitting dA.

The thing I don't like about dA is that it is so hard to get noticed if you aren't already a professional. I'm trying to break into the art business, but getting enough exposure to people who can actually pay for or want to buy is hard. Sometimes people are also rude and tell you they don't think your art is good enough to sell.

Speaking of selling art, my dA page is linked in my sig, and I have an art thread here. I do commissions, and any support is welcome.

I'm also on FA as well.

^ this

My only other problem with DA is that there always seems to be a picture of somebodies crotch on the front page. OTL

Edited by changeling007

The thing I don't like about dA is that it is so hard to get noticed if you aren't already a professional. I'm trying to break into the art business, but getting enough exposure to people who can actually pay for or want to buy is hard. Sometimes people are also rude and tell you they don't think your art is good enough to sell.

The key is to try to interact with the community. Join some groups, write critique and well-versed comments, and more people will look at your work. I've seen a lot of wonderful artists who don't get much exposure because they just post-and-run.

I used to love DA, but it just gets worse and worse. I mean, art thieves, people embedding viruses into their pics (Happened to a friend of mine who clicked on two Cynder pics), virus outbreaks in the ads (Vista Total Security 2011), lazy mods, and everybody is just throwing lemon parties with their art.

I like deviantART, and I'm on there almost every day. User, yes. And the same username I have in here.

Some of my friends don't like dA because you can't upload p*rn art in there. ö__ö

I'm in there partly BECAUSE of it. Because I'm bored to try to upload art into - for example - FurAffinity; if it's not p*rn you don't get ANY comments. But if you draw p*rn there will be many comments. It's wrong. I think p*rn is not what the art is about.

So yeah, I like deviantART, very much. It has good layout, it's not too complicated to use and it's just fun to be around.

Edited by xxAlbinoravenxx

I don't mind DA. I'm not very good at keeping my art updated there though, so I really miss out on any drama there. :b

The only reason I really use it is to keep up with my girlfriend and some of my online friends.

I like Deviant art. Been a member for... maybe coming up to 2 years now? I've met a lot of great artists and nice people. =3 It really helped me get back into drawing. I've been on a bit of an art spree lately, actually(for me that is, I studied graphic design in college but barely picked up a pencil since - until last year, after signing up)

I don't think it's very anti-yaoi, I've seen plenty on there, but only mild stuff. But I don't like yaoi or yuri or go looking for any other graphic stuff like that, so I wouldn't know. I do know my friend was complaining about something like that before though (That like, some stuff that was just for the sake of 'look, nekkid ppl!! And lady parts!!' rather than art was up there and on the front pages)

I stay away from any inappropriate art, so I don't really mind. I've had an account for like 2 months.

I've had my account for almost two years now, and it is more accepting of straight and lesbian censorkip.gif even though it should not even be there in the first place. If I looked it up, I could easily find some anime chick wearing nothing and a full view of all her parts, but not once could I find a naked man, not even if nothing was showing, because that it immediately labeled as censorkip.gif while the girl isn't. I'm fine with nude art and everything, but when it's a girl winking at the camera, naked and not even good quality that's a problem.

People are also always hacking into others accounts and deactivating them, and while I understand it's easier to help the popular artists first, probably because they get hacked the most(?), there are other people who's accounts are getting deactivated.

But overall I think its a good way to communicate and make friends, some of my best friends I made because they commented on profile and said something about South Park or Homestuck. The groups are also enjoyable if its something you take interest in and isn't just because they invited you to get another member. I like it as a whole honestly.

To be honest, I wished the DA community was better than it currently is.

Whenever I dig around, I find that good, high quality original art is trampled and ignored for "UGUU ANIME" or "FANART SO HAWT XDD," "NOODIE GIRLS XDD Huur it's taken with a cell phone camera, but it's art not p0rnz u pervs, btw ur sexy XP" or "OMG WOLVES SO COOL * - *."

It's quite disheartening to know that people value bad quality fanart over high quality original art, but I guess that's just the way of the world.

I don't bother uploading my realism or painted works on DA because I know that no one there cares for them.

All I put there is what people expect to see; anime-ish works, furry, and "HAWT SECKIE @ w@" drawings.

C'est la vie.

Edited by Valexi

I love Deviant Art. But I mostly post my photography. And I've always thought they needed to censor more. Because I can respect a good artistic nude portrait, they should not get rid of nudes but there are users using it as a censorkip.gif site or for other lude things in the photography section. I don't want to see no ones VJJ or Winker. dry.gif Also I feel like the really talented people are not getting the recognition they deserve. Fan Art has invaded all the popular postings and its keeping a lot of people from out there its a real bummer.

But I really love my account and I've made a number of pals on the site so it get a thumbs up from me.

Edited by KatPower

I joined months ago,but my computer wouldn't let me load art.I just figured it out.I mostly like photography,but you gotta be careful 'bout whattcha search,so I stay in certain areas of da......

I'm a member, but I don't post anything. I just wanted to be able to favorite some pieces of art.

I joined ten days ago, mostly because I got my first camera and I want to upload and share my photos and get some feedback and advice about photography as well. Regarding the posts here, however, it seems I'm not going to get much feedback. tongue.gif But I'm still in the phase of exploring the site so I'll wait and see if I really do like it. smile.gif

Here's my profile. LucidAlchemy

Edited by Agleka

I joined ten days ago, mostly because I got my first camera and I want to upload and share my photos and get some feedback and advice about photography as well. Regarding the posts here, however, it seems I'm not going to get much feedback. :P But I'm still in the phase of exploring the site so I'll wait and see if I really do like it. :)

Here's my profile. LucidAlchemy

To all those who are saying that you don't get much feedback on dA.... you have to get involved in the community to get noticed. Or post notable work. Or both. dA is a big site so you can't expect to just post and run and get tons of feedback that way.

Join common interest groups, post your work there, ask for critiques (there are groups for criticism as well), give some in return etc.

I really enjoy DA, but more to view other's art than to post my own... I love seeing the diverse mediums, though I do find stuff on the most popular page can be repetitive sometimes (not that the work isn't talented). My favorite part though is being able to contact the artists and commission them easily ^___^

DA is a way for me to post my crap and find people who like stuff like me.

likehomestuck-coughcough-

I'm ArtDemise on there. Which correlates beautifully with my quality.

I do agree that the context of 'ban or please use the censor' has been blurred though. Some stuff I see I think 'dude, please censor?'. I've solemnly sworn to censor stuff (including stuff with lots of nasty language; overlooked much by the community) if I get the drift it needs a censor.

I go into rage and art depression from DA sometimes. :/

I've lost a lot of faith in DA. Post a pair of tits and it gets a view/fav overload. Lame >_>. Everything is art+tits on there now. Just look at the DD's.

Only way to actually get noticed is to do fan art. That's about it. Which is sad. I've dropped to that level recently. v_V

Anyway that's not the reason I've lost faith in the site. Art theft is rampant on the site. Submit anything half way descent and it's stolen immediately. Not only that but reporting something is about useless. I don't even know why they have the dAmn button there. All they do is tell you to go file a ticket, and they'll get back to you half past never. Then you have to be the owner of the stolen art otherwise theirs nothin anyone can do about it. They don't even do anything if it's the weekend (wtf). Meaning you can steal all the art you want over the weekend and then take it down and never get in trouble with the admins or mods. Let alone once you file the ticket it's a 4 day waiting process for a mod to come check out the situation >_>. It should just be a "report deviation as stolen, give them a link at what was stolen, mod looks at the dates, and deletes the newer one" plain and simple. Nope not even close. If something of yours is stolen Expect 6-8 days before anything happens. It's like they don't even care.

Your only hope is to post a blog (given that people even watch you or your stuff) and tell people about it, so they can go and harass the thief to take it down. If they don't, don't expect much from the site and assume the worst ... yeah it's that bad.

Edited by Lunchbox