mjhsucks

Deviant ART

Well, I'm a member of dA and I like it, but there are some people who don't think the same. What are yalls thoughts? ninja.gif

It's nice, but homophobic to yaoi.

o.=.O DA is? Huh. Mebbe it's just the parts I visit, but yaoi is amazingly common and popular. Which I'm happy about. xd.png And thankfully gets little hate.

But, I suppose it's just a matter of where you go. There're always gonna be people who hate on your stuff if it doesn't interest them, or if they find it weird. There's a reason I have a (mostly) secret alternate account for certain material, ahaha...

Overall I like DA. Great place to find some amazing art, and to meet some people who you share interests with.

I'm KageSora on DA, too (big shock, huh? /sarcasm, lol)

o.=.O DA is? Huh. Mebbe it's just the parts I visit, but yaoi is amazingly common and popular. Which I'm happy about. xd.png And thankfully gets little hate.

GOD yes.

You know how DA doesn't let any kind of sex art on it right? You'll find plenty of art on it with a bit of searching that has lesbianism or heterosexual art depicting graphic sex scenes, but you try and find any male x male on there.

It's been a problem on the site for a long time now.

I don't get involved with the community (besides a few groups) and I don't draw anything sexual, so I've not had any problems.

I will stay in my bubble, thxvrrymuch :>

I don't get involved with the community (besides a few groups) and I don't draw anything sexual, so I've not had any problems.

I will stay in my bubble, thxvrrymuch :>

I've gone WAY beyond any 'bubble' and it gets so many faves and the mods dont care :'D Its amazing laugh.gif

GOD yes.

You know how DA doesn't let any kind of sex art on it right? You'll find plenty of art on it with a bit of searching that has lesbianism or heterosexual art depicting graphic sex scenes, but you try and find any male x male on there.

You know, one day I think that dA will go up against the mods and take over the world. tongue.gif would be quite easy to d so

GOD yes.

Ah, yeah. Mmm, I remember reporting a picture for something that very clearly fell under their categorization of pr0n, but since it was a drawing of a hot chick, I got a message "lol, not pr0nz. srry." in response for the report. :|

Ah, yeah. Mmm, I remember reporting a picture for something that very clearly fell under their categorization of pr0n, but since it was a drawing of a hot chick, I got a message "lol, not pr0nz. srry." in response for the report. :|

Are you serious?? xd.png Thats awesome. I hate it how dA think naked chicks are art but if its a naked guy..

"OMG PR0NZ. BUNNED FUREVER"

Eh, yes, dA is quite sexist on this respect.

Also, I hate it how cute crap always gets on the front page, even if it's not so well executed. Speaking of which, one of my Latvian friends there actually has become hugely popular over last year... if you've seen black huge-eyed kitties floating around front page, you'll know whom I mean. Thing is, that guy used to paint much nicer, more developed paintings, and whenever I mention this to him on Skype, he always goes like "Yeah, but I don't have time for this", and I always go like "BS, you're just being a lazy sell-out".

... I'm always stumbling across guys making out or being Ready For Lovemaking on dA. Where are you guys at? >_>;

It does matter a lot where you go on the site. I've run across various depictions (both real photos and drawings) of all the different sexually intimate situations between male/male male/female female/female.. and a lot of times this happens out of nowhere. I'll go onto a random user's art page be all like " OMG a cute little bunny!!" turn the page, and Bam, a drawing of a naked chick with a lollipop.. The funny thing about it, is although it has the age warning blocking the pic, it will have a seemingly innocent title like " Alice discovers Candy Land" ( I totally just made that one up as an ex. xd.png ) so I'll click the pic anyway 'cause I'll think it's just gonna be alittle cleavage.. but you never know what your going to find.. lol

... I'm always stumbling across guys making out or being Ready For Lovemaking on dA. Where are you guys at? >_>;

Yeah, I see that a lot, too, but the problem is that if they actually show anything pr0n-related between two men it'll get reported and removed immediately, whereas if it's two girls having sex (very graphically) or if it's a straight couple then it'll be ignored.

The hotter the female depicted the more likely to be ignored it is if reported.

Basically, while you can find a lot of stuff that's male-male on DA, enforcement of the rules against what they define as "pr0n" or even underage characters is highly sexist, and much more likely to be ignored (or, in the case I mentioned, they will blatantly lie and say it's not pr0n when it very clearly is, according to their definition of pr0n) than if it's got male-male content.

Yeah, I see that a lot, too, but the problem is that if they actually show anything pr0n-related between two men it'll get reported and removed immediately, whereas if it's two girls having sex (very graphically) or if it's a straight couple then it'll be ignored.

That's just how it is now adays: straight people are socially acceptable and gay people are not. (not my opinion!!!! >.<)

and Lesbians are ok, cause it's hot to see two chicks make out and more. At least that's what a (obviously male) friend told me last sylvester. dry.gif

And that shows that DAs mods are guys. Homophobic males. It's not a crime but I think it's sad.

Just like the obsession with lesbians... They just hope it could end in a threesome with two girls. As if real lesbians would let them join in... *cough* pathetic *cough*

I don't care if it's maleXmale, malexfemale or femalexfemale... as long as it's well drawn and not just an obvious attempt to get faves for naked skin.

But to get back to the topic: I've been a member for like... one and a half week.

And I think it's a pretty good site. The people seem nice, there are some good artists around.

I just noticed that they are a little lazy with comments. Faves yes, comments... no.

It's a little frustrating but I guess that's like every other forum where you can post pictures, stories or anything else.

...know that from other forums, too.

And I have a little question:

I got an invitation to the group Photographic-Medium on DA and I'm unsure if I should join or just click the 'No'-button.

It's the first invitation I got but the person who sent it to me didn't even leave a comment on one of my pics and in the description it looked like I was only invited because they want to form some sort of 'super group' and want to get as many as possible to join them.

I don't want to be part of a group that isn't even interested in what I do... at all!

Could somebody help me please? unsure.gif

If you're not interested in a group, then simply don't join it.

Super groups differ from Groups by having a subscription to extra functions, not member count, same way as subscribed members get extra functions in their profiles, browsing preferences etc.

I like it biggrin.gif

I'm Kageyoake. (Don't get me mixed up with KageSora, alright? I THINK I joined there before here xd.png Anyway, it's what the name of an old character of mine, Shadowdawn, would be in Japanese tongue.gif)

There's a link in my signature tongue.gif

And I don't click anything with the warning thing - the exception being if a friend posted it like one time and tells me what it is first tongue.gif

I'm still waiting for the day I'll get banned for depicting children in a sexual manner.

... I draw chibistuff. And my chibis never have clothes on, and sometimes they have omggenitalsomg. A few times I've posted male/male sex with them for the communities I'm in.

Luckily, I'm so underground nobody has hated on me enough to report me as a pedoartist - yet.

edit: Right, my official stance on DA? Lately, it's been a pile of crap. All the female genitalia spread in front of your face when you log in, all mod-approved, and the stolen graphics...

....... and then the bias towards male erotic art?

Yeah, I don't really like the site. At all.

Edited by Kiraine

edit: Right, my official stance on DA? Lately, it's been a pile of crap. All the female genitalia spread in front of your face when you log in, all mod-approved, and the stolen graphics...

....... and then the bias towards male erotic art?

Yeah, I don't really like the site. At all.

This is pretty much my opinion of DA as well. I rarely go on the site, only a every couple of months to clear out my inbox. I only have an account because several on-line friends are there.

Most of it's okay but the mods need to do their job. There are several people that a deliberately rude to people on there (more often then not becasue they don't agree with them) and then they go and brag about it. The mods don't do anything to those people that are asses to literally everyone. The only seem to ban art stealers, which drives me crazy. Why just ban them? Why not the people who's gallery consists mostly of screen shots of people they've pissed off? :/

Edited by Icepelt

This is pretty much my opinion of DA as well. I rarely go on the site, only a every couple of months to clear out my inbox. I only have an account because several on-line friends are there.

I third it. I used to like DA, used to love it, when I first joined. Then I began not going much. Upon returning It's changed completely and I don't like it anymore. I post my drawings there still, but only because not everyone wants to move to Furafrinity. Everything has comments disabled except for my scraps...which I need to work on. I was told it's rude to not reply to comments, and 99% of the time there's nothing much to reply to. I would rather have a harsh critic stop by rather than someone spaming "awesome". So comments are turned off all together. I've also removed as much as possible from my front page. I'm still there (kinda) and only delete messages or look at the stuff of the people I watch. And I have a very small amount that I actually watch. DA also serves as a site I can upload my portfolio too, so I will still keep using it. DA also has a habit of fixing things that aren't broken.

So I stick to Furaffinity now...which is completely different from what I imagined it would be. The community there is very friendly and there's a wide arrange of art. Anthros seem to be the bulk of it, but there is plenty of other art and music.

@KageSoraKageSora: Wow....that's very unprofessional. More reason for me to leave.

Also if people are looking for an alternative, try ConceptArt, especially if you look for critiques. Though I've been told some of the people don't know what they're talking about, it still seems much better than DA.

Somehow I always end up with a headache and feeling annoyed when visiting.

I don't have my own dA and I don't plan on getting one.