Kanaye

Crochet/Knitting/Needlework

You should always add the new ball when you have at least two loops on the hook.

Go through stitch, yarn over with old yarn, come through the stitch, yarn over with NEW yarn, pull through both loops on hook. Voila, new ball added. Continue on with new ball.

It's a lot neater if you add the new ball at the end or beginning of a row, then you don't have to sew in two ends in the middle of your work, where everyone is more likely to notice it.

Ah, at the end of the row, thanks.

Almost everything I crochet is in the round, where there is no real end of the row, so I didn't even think about making sure to join there.

I love round crochet,

and just all kinds of crochet.

I love to make things using scraps of yarn... hats, vessels, all kinds of stuff.

Yes, Kanaye, Yarn, glorious yarn - to me, more addictive than books. lol

I picked up crochet last Christmas and gone out and made amigurumi plushies. I've made a few for myself that are mainly Pokemon and now I am my My Little Ponies.

Those are cute!

I have half done on both the scarves I have been working on for Christmas and a good ways done with the afghan. lol Its hard work but the finished product is so worth it!

Thank you.

I can't quite figure out the sleeves and it is driving me nuts.

I've been working on one, just one sleeve since about 11. It is 2:12 now and I still haven't figured it out.

Kanaye, your sweaters are coming out cute! Got to get those needles clicking!

Perhaps Friday?

rolleyes.gif

Silvormoon - your kimono is lovely!

My latest piece - my first attempt at a shaped hat with knitting. I started with circular needles, then went to 4 double ended needles. Kind of crazy. I made it for a special little two year old. Just finished it night before last.

Christmas hat

biggrin.gif

Hello

I crochet and knit a little.

I have made a couple things crochet but every time I make something it isn't even on the edge.

I am sorry I don’t have any pictures.

Thats a cute hat!

Its ok if you dont have pictures. I have the problem of uneven edges until i realized i wasnt going through the right loop to make it nice and even. I had to redo the start of a scarf and now its nice and even.

Crochet is one of my most beloved hobbies!

Sadly, my hooks are all in storage and I never manage to find good yarn, they're too expensive ;-; I have made some nice things though, like a plushie for my brother and a shawl for my mom.

I've forgotten how to knit, so I'm thinking of sewing this cat plushie instead:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jiji-the-cat

It's super cute. :3 

it's so cute

I'm almost done with my current needlepoint project!

But the remaining steps require backstitching using metallic threads, and the metallic strands are fighting me : (

It feels like I've been working on my sister's sweaters forever. I'm almost done with one though!

Baby Sweater 1

I hate the sleeves, but I can't do any better.

Aaaahhh!!

I really want to learn how to knit and/or crochet. I've been wanting to teach myself for a while, now. I just spent about an hour looking at patterns on Ravelry. xd.png I got a nifty idea for a gift for my boyfriend on Valentine's Day; if I can teach myself to knit, I found a simple pattern for hearts. :3

In any case, I've done some cross-stitching before and really loved it. Don't have any pictures, but I cross-stitched a poem and a pretty border onto a pillow. ^.^ I saw someone cross-stitch some of the DC dragons before, which also seemed pretty awesome.

ETA: I also really wanted to start making felt softies after seeing patterns designed by the Shishi Girl on deviantArt. ^.^

Edited by Diem Adrienne

Aaaahhh!!

I really want to learn how to knit and/or crochet. I've been wanting to teach myself for a while, now. I just spent about an hour looking at patterns on Ravelry. xd.png I got a nifty idea for a gift for my boyfriend on Valentine's Day; if I can teach myself to knit, I found a simple pattern for hearts. :3

Lion Brand Yarn has a video "how to knit" tutorial.

http://learntoknit.lionbrand.com/

You must register to access free content (option to receive newsletters more or less weekly, but you can decline and/or unsubscribe, and they are not spammy though they do contain sale announcements from time to time). I've been registered on their site for years and have never received spam related to my use of the site.

They also have a pdf tutorial, but I can't find the link right now dry.gif

... they have given me permission to share it (I included it on a CD handout for a historical knitting class I taught for the SCA a few years ago) -- hit me up via e-mail and I'll attach it by return e-mail, if anyone is interested...

That awkward moment when you run out of this really nice yarn and you don't know whether to cast off (thereby ending up with a useless too-short scarf) or put it away on the off chance that you might run across some yarn of the same kind later.

#knitter problems #using old yarn problems

I think I'm just going to undo it all (lolWHUT???) and learn another stitch with it.