Kanaye

Crochet/Knitting/Needlework

went a little nuts for valentines , what started out as a few squares for a CAL( crochet a long) ended up as a Valentine Lapghan -- the border is "rambling Rose" wink.gif

and if you are interested in making a blanket for the Linus project

Bernat is having a knit /crochet along starting on the 28th( that is when they will make the patterns available:)

http://www.bernatcares.com/Project_Linus_CAL/

you might have to register with them , e-mail and password, but I have never gotten spammed , just patterns and announcements - and of course they want you to buy yarn, but you can opt out .

I am not fond of ripples myself, but since these are small I may try--

Oh! Nice lapghan! I like the colors! I can never have enough patience to do small squares. Plus I'm so disorganized, I'll lose them as soon as I make them.

I do Project Linus. There is actually a box in my library.

*looks at the blanket she has been working on since September for them*

I can't do ripples. I tried about 6 different times and it just won't work for me.

The one I'm working on right now, is a square, double, single,single, double. And then I stopped doing the square, switched colors and started bordering it, a lot.

But as I'm working on my sweater ( I finished one of the cuffs, YAY!) and a blanket for a friend, I haven't gotten back to the Linus Blanket.

So many projects, so little time.

Very nice, Klinneah!

"Crap!" Moment: almost done with a 6" section, only to run out of yarn before the last row of said section and need more yarn, and not have access to any at that particular moment. dry.gif

Aww, Niece BD! I hate when that happens!

I am working on the second slipper of a pair I am making for my Mom.

Black with a purple cuff. I hope she likes them.

Then I need to finish the bottom of my sweater and then start working again on the teal and black granny blanket.

I'd like to knit, but currently I do plastic canvas.

Does plastic canvas count in this? Since it is needlework.

Yep! It counts. All needlework counts. Welcome.

I've actually been learning to crochet wire. I've made 1 and 1/2 bracelet. I ran out wire so I didn't get to finish the second bracelet.

I've also been working on another granny square blanket. I now have the main square, I just need to add a foot or 2 both the top and bottom, go around the entire thing twice and I'm done.

Gunna take a while.

How is your hubby's blanket coming, Niece BD?

Edited by Kanaye

It's strange, but I teach more people to crochet than knit, and I knit better than I crochet. I love making things for other people, and even if I didn't have someone in mind when I started, I'll hand it off.

My current project is a computer bag worked in honeycomb brioche stitch, which started off as a PAIN, but it's really quite mindless once I figured it out.

Pictures will come when I finish.

I needle felt with my goat's hair, embroider, counted cross stitch, and me and my mom are learning to crochet at the fiber mill in a few weeks. Oh, and I sew(hand and machine)... Made some hats and a leetle scarf on a loom with like a crochet hook. lol

Someone please pinch me to finish my baby cousin's hat.

EDIT: Finished, now I just need to start my grandma's hat. ._.

Edited by rainpeltstar

I taught myself to knit a few years ago after my mom's failed attempts at teaching me to crochet. So far I have knitted a scarf, three baby blankets, a toy turtle, and a toy goat. I'm currently working on a afghan for my fiance. Been working on it for about a year now. We live in a smallish town right now so everytime we go to WalMart, I've forgotten to get the yarn I need to finish it. I also do cross stitch and am working on a picture of wolves in the woods.

I'm running out of the green I need for my blanket, so I'm going to put that aside for a while and make myself a sleeping mask.

I used to crochet a bit a few years ago but I've lost interest.

I only have this dragon hat...thing to show you guys.

Welcome everyone. Goat hairs? That sounds awesome.

You made that, Cybele?

I would be working on my friend's blanket but I am sick and I am sure he doesn't want me crocheting in my cold germs.

It's bad enough I keep crocheting in Aladdin hairs.

Yup. In one day. My mom gave me some tips on how to make it but other than that it's 100% made by me biggrin.gif

Wow, I picked a good time to get back on the boards and such. I've been crocheting for years, I tried to teach myself to knit off one of those kits, didn't work too well, may get back to that. I've got a blog where I'm talking to no one (but don't care) about the updates on the stuff I'm making and doing. http://aisafghans.blogspot.com/ I've got pics of the 2 projects I'm in the middle of.

Hmm, a blog about crocheting. I could start one of those, even though I am bad bad bad about updating. I'm actually your first follower, Ais.

I'm still sick so I haven't been able to lay a finger on my friend's blanket. *groans pathetically*

I chrocheted a six foot blue multicolored shaw with tassels using the single sticth and a 8 foot green multicolored shaw with double stiched ends. Together they took me three months.

Can anyone show me a good site for knitting off the needles all I have managed to make with them are scarves, socks, and hats.

What are you asking? How to cast off? So you have a completed project?

http://www.ehow.com/how_4764_cast-knitting.html

This is how I did it. Easy to follow steps. I was able to do it and I can barely knit. Dunno why I keep trying.

EDIT: If that was not what you were asking, then please explain so we can at least try to answer.

I'm hoping by Tuesday I'm able to get back to my crocheting. My hand's feel so empty.

Edited by Kanaye

Hmm, a blog about crocheting. I could start one of those, even though I am bad bad bad about updating. I'm actually your first follower, Ais.

I'm still sick so I haven't been able to lay a finger on my friend's blanket. *groans pathetically*

Thanks, I noticed when I got home and signed it I was like, huh? Well, I don't update all that often, though I'm trying to do better, it more depends on how much stuff I get done. That and right now it's on the back burner, getting married so most time is spent working on things for that, though need to bump it back to priority or my mum'll never get her blanket. I may work on it a bunch today, was on the Wii fit yesterday and darn, I think I really went over what I could handle.

I know I am double posting but I really wanna show what I've been doing, so I am just gunna post.

I bought a beautiful finger-weight baby alpaca yarn and I wanted to do something with it and so I found a pattern for a scarf.

This is what I have done so far. I hope you all like it.

http://diamondleaf.deviantart.com/art/Lacy...f-WIP-201460647

I wonder which is harder, knitting or crocheting....anyway I have been knitting for nine months now and I still don't have enough patience to finish a scarf.

Knitting or crochet - I would say that knitting is harder for me, because I only know the knit stitch, whereas with crochet I can do single, half-double, double, triple, and then special stitches where the pattern calls for it.

I wonder which is harder, knitting or crocheting....anyway I have been knitting for nine months now and I still don't have enough patience to finish a scarf.

I knit for a long time , but eventually I switched to crochet because it is faster biggrin.gif

"Difficulty" is about the same for either, and more a function of the complexity of the pattern than the technique itself wink.gif