Kanaye

Crochet/Knitting/Needlework

I started knitting a few years ago (just for fun) and I kinda gave up on it lol . There's a bag in my closet with a bunch of yarn and 2 unfinished scarves . I keep telling myself I'm gonna finish them by this winter, but that hasn't happened yet !

Anyone know of any really detailed fantasy creature cross stitch patterns?

I've already started working on a scarf for the winter months - only a foot and a half long and I'm already almost out of that lovely wool that my mom got from the neighbor. D:

ETA: Oh, and I did finally finish that sleep mask. It works great! I do have a pattern, but it came out of Crochet! magazine and I don't know whether I should post it here.

Edited by klinneah

*raises hand* I do a little knitting and doll making off to the side. But I'm out of yarn at the moment so I can't

I am currently working on a pullover. Or a "Sweater-shirt-thingybobber" as I called it two days ago.

I only have 4 inches and it needs to be like 30.

I can do it!

I accidentally left all my yarn and stuff at home when I moved into my dorm, so my mom has to ship my scarf and blanket WIPs all the way to Kansas.

Go me.

ACK! That's not good, Klinneah!

That is so something I would do.

That shirt/sweater/thingy-bobber I was talking about, well, I got to about 16 inches, tried it on, it was HUGE on me.

So, I went to my knitting place and was all, HELP!

And so she told me to do something that would removed 56 stitches.

I did so, went up a few more rows, tried it on again, still huge. I mean 14-inches-too-big huge.

I had to rip out the ENTIRE thing.

*wilts*

So, I started over again and I have 10 inches. *sighs and gets back to her knitting*

Well, my mom mailed my stuff to me, so I have my supplies...and I went to Walmart and bought more colors.

I'm starting on a scarf. First block of color is black. Should I go with red or yellow? (Red would make it school colors, yellow would be Hufflepuff...)

Why not red, black and yellow?

You could do, black, red, black, yellow, black, red ect.

want to know something funny?

I found this thread by accident, whilst looking for a dr who thread to tell them I was crocheting a fez in celebration of the new series xd.png

Wow, there IS a thread for crafters after all! Are you all also on Ravelry? I have the same user name there in any case as here smile.gif

Hey there guys, Im an avid crocheter, knitter and plus other needlework things.

Glad to have found some fellow lovers of the art.

Im starting to try and make Amigurumis.

Anybody heard of them?

I'm working on a olive green/black 1872 bustle dress. For that I made the undergarmets, the corsage, the pettycoat and corset cover, the first underskit and the heavy underskirt and a 1972 pollonaise with kimono style sleeves.

I'm also working on a sky blue Civil war ball gown for my mother, currently I'm working on embroideries for the underskrit - white and green flowers on cremecolored cotton.

Uhm other than that, I'm working on about half a dozen needlepaintings.

That's about it wink.gif

Griffinpuff scarf WIP. Title says Griffinclaw, because I'd forgotten that Ravenclaw was blue and silver bronze, not blue and black. -derp-

I've actually finished that red section and started on the next black section since posting that picture.

Edited by klinneah

I'm working on a olive green/black 1872 bustle dress. For that I made the undergarmets, the corsage, the pettycoat and corset cover, the first underskit and the heavy underskirt and a 1972 pollonaise with kimono style sleeves.

I'm also working on a sky blue Civil war ball gown for my mother, currently I'm working on embroideries for the underskrit - white and green flowers on cremecolored cotton.

Uhm other than that, I'm working on about half a dozen needlepaintings.

That's about it wink.gif

That sounds like a whole lot of work! I assume you are sewing it all, not knitting it all yourself?

Both of the dresses sound awesome, you'll have to show us pictures so we can all oooh and ahhh.

~*~

Im starting to try and make Amigurumis.

Anybody heard of them?

Welcome, Siryuki!

Yep, there's a girl who crochets and sells them and then donates the money to one of the charities, like the Haiti fund or something. I want a Hiei one! *sniffs*

~*~

Klinneah: Are you doing the red and black and yellow?

And you can edit your deviant art post and rename it.

~*~

I am currently in the middle of two knitting projects.

I am still working on the in-the-round shirt/sweater/thingybobber.

I am also working on a shrug of my own pattern.

I actually purled! I am so proud I can actually now purl! *dances with the finished back of her shrug*

Now I have to print out the pattern I made for the two front panels, bring them to my crochet knitting group and make sure they will actually work before I do all that purling and have to rip it out.

Edited by Kanaye

WIP 2 Look how much I got done in 24 hours!

My phone doesn't take very good pictures and the colors are all washed out. The first picture was a much better representation of the true colors.

WIP 3. Still the colors are bleh. The red is much brighter IRL and HOLY - how did I not notice it getting wider?

Edited by klinneah

Wow, there IS a thread for crafters after all! Are you all also on Ravelry? I have the same user name there in any case as here smile.gif

How did I not see this earlier? Yes, I'm on Ravelry. I'm also the same username there.

~*~

HOLY - how did I not notice it getting wider?

I was going to ask you if you knew it was getting wider when I first saw WIP2. But then I'm like, "It's probably just the angle of the pic. ACK! I'm late for work!"

If you are doing the same number of stitches, the width is changing because your tension is changing.

It happens to me when I listen to one audio book and then go to another. One will be all OMGHESGOINGTODIE! and the other will be Hmm, this is interesting.

On the first one, I'm all tense cause come on, he's going to die! and the other one I'm all relaxed.

Mandy's Blanket

Perfect example. If you can see, the top of this blanket (where my hand is) is laying mostly flat but the bottom has like a fold. The bottom of this was 2 1/2 inches longer than the top. It does happen, it's not just you.

Edited by Kanaye

I made one wool cat ear and still have to do the next half. But I only have round looms so it came out kinda deformed.

I tried a round knitting loom once, it was way too tight and only served to annoy me.

Do you not want to learn to knit/crochet?

If you can use that loom thingy, good for you. I can't.

WOW! This is a pretty neat thread ....pun intended biggrin.gif

I quilt, knit socks, do floral beadwork on velvet or wool but right now I'm doing counted cross stitch pictures of my dogs:

This is the first one I finished, it is of my 5.5# smooth coat fawn and white Chihuahua, Whispy, at a UKI Agility match:

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/g...e/Whispy13a.jpg

The second one I finished is of Pinny, 4# smooth coat fawn and white Chihuahua and her brother Twig, 5# smooth coat red sable Chihuahua

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/g...edemailsize.jpg

I'm currently working on this one of Cally my old Chihuahua, in-house Service Dog:

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k483/g...sekwe/Cally.png

It is the photo that I uploaded to http://www.stitchyourphoto.com/ and from which the color pattern is made.

I ordered a bunch more patterns so I can do all the critters with whom I've shared my live over the years. I get the color pattern, $7 including shipping.

Starry

Those are so stunning, Pinch. I'm crafty but there is no way I could even contemplate something like that.

*applauds* user posted image

I made two blankets, though my first one is at my Mom's house because it's for my sister.

The second one is my very first all granny square blanket and I'm very proud of myself.

I thought having to do all those tiny squares would drive me crazy. But instead it went very fast.

So fast in fact, that I started a second one.

What's a good width for a scarf? I started on a second one and I think it's too wide (about 8-1/2 inches/22 cm).