EllisRocks101 =)

Cheese

Yes, of course I like cheese. The area where I am from is known for its cheese making. ANYWAY, my favorites tend to be the sharper kinds, like a good Parmesan or a aged cheddar. NEVER tried blue cheese, but... something seems wrong, to my mind, with eating moldy cheese. Just me, though... TO each their own.

No one seems to like string cheese D: It's just mozzarella, which is delicious in lotsa things, especially those mozzarella sticks or the breadsticks with mozzarella inside. <3

I don't like neither mozzarella or string cheese. D:

Hard Parmesan type cheeses are the best.

Yes, of course I like cheese. The area where I am from is known for its cheese making. ANYWAY, my favorites tend to be the sharper kinds, like a good Parmesan or a aged cheddar. NEVER tried blue cheese, but... something seems wrong, to my mind, with eating moldy cheese. Just me, though... TO each their own.

There are quite a few cheeses that use bacteria and mold, actually. Some only have it on the rind, while others like blue cheese have it throughout.

Besides, all cheeses are just milk that has been spoiled in a controlled way. :P Even vegetarian cheese uses a fungus in the place of rennet, an enzyme found in the stomachs of mammals that's used in most cheeses (some use lemon juice or vinegar instead to curdle the milk).

Cheese is a wonderful gross thing <3

There are quite a few cheeses that use bacteria and mold, actually. Some only have it on the rind, while others like blue cheese have it throughout.

Besides, all cheeses are just milk that has been spoiled in a controlled way. tongue.gif Even vegetarian cheese uses a fungus in the place of rennet, an enzyme found in the stomachs of mammals that's used in most cheeses (some use lemon juice or vinegar instead to curdle the milk).

Cheese is a wonderful gross thing <3

This is so true. I love blue cheese, and will happily eat it in a salad, but it looks absolutely disgusting. I mean, it has hair on it. Clumps of blue hair. Who would ever want to eat something that has hairy mold? *shudders*

That being said, I like most cheeses (especially string cheese, mozzarella is a favorite of mine). On sandwiches I prefer Provalone or mozzerella, or occasionally Munster, but I love cheddar and Swiss too. I can just eat plain cheddar. I'm not a fan of feta -- too salty. And I really don't like more mild cheeses like American. Parmesian I can only eat on spaghetti and other Italian dishes.

HawktalonOfRiverClan Posted on Mar 30 2014, 02:49 PM

This is so true. I love blue cheese, and will happily eat it in a salad, but it looks absolutely disgusting. I mean, it has hair on it. Clumps of blue hair. Who would ever want to eat something that has hairy mold? *shudders*

In all of the times I have seen Blue cheese I have NEVER seen blue hair or hair on it. Who knew? Do all blue cheeses like Gorgonzola have it too?

We eat bee vomit, so why not mouldy cheese? LOL. I love a really good blue cheese, but I'm quite picky.

Yay for yummy bee vomit!

I am a lover of cheeses smile.gif

Muenster is currently in the fridge (used to call it "monster" cheese) and making a candle out of recycled cheese wheel wax.

Yay for yummy bee vomit!

I am a lover of cheeses :)

Muenster is currently in the fridge (used to call it "monster" cheese) and making a candle out of recycled cheese wheel wax.

There actually is stuff called "monster" cheese, but it's not munster. Usually it varies wherever you are because various cheese places have something they call "monster" cheese. The place my grandmother goes to in Wisconsin has monster cheese that is essentially four different squares of cheese all combined in one large square. I think it's cheddar, Colby jack, some other jack cheese, and something like provolone. It's fun to snack on. c;

scrolling through General discussion and saw this cheese topic and was overcome by a wave of longing for some camembert or brie on wheat thins with grapes and a glass of wine or a margerita. Yummy.

I like many kinds of cheese. Cheddar, Provolone, Swiss, American, Gouda, Feta, and many others. I can't name them all, unfortunately. The main reason I like cheese is due to the wide variety of flavors that each type of cheese has.

I stopped today to drool over the cheese display at the Harris Teeter Grocery store. I wanted some cheddar cheese with Horseradish and also a box of laughing cow blue cheese. They are still in the store. I want them.

I eat blocks of American Cheese

Nothing else but the block

Oh yeah, cheesecake is nice too, although I can't eat real cheesecake without lots of whipped cream...

I don't like sharp or exotic cheese at all, and MOZZARELLA IS SOO GOOD no seriously I'm eating half a block of it right noe

Yes, I like cheese, both the cartoon character from "Foster's home for imaginary friends" and the food item. My favourites are feta, parmesan and Swiss cheese. biggrin.gif

I am a Wisconsin lady...need I say more? I love cheese. I live just down the road from a cheese factory, their string cheese and cheese curds are the best. At Culvers I always opt for the cheese curds instead of the fries =)

Love cheese to the point of absurdity. I just pile and melt mozerella on top of anything I don't want to eat, and the issue is resolved.

I LOOOOOVE CHEESE. Parmesan to be exact. No, wait, parmesan in Italy to be exact. <3 I went to Italy the past year and their cheese was WONDERFULLLLLLL. I'm not as quite fond of American cheese though. Mozzarella is great however. biggrin.gif Pepper jack's awesome too. To put it all together, I just LOVE cheese.

I do not understand. Why do people say they like cheese but in comic illustrations, when someone stinks they would describe him as smelling like cheese?

For me, I like white cheese. I dislike quickmelt and chedar cheese.

I love cheese so much. tongue.gif My favourites are brie, smoked gouda, and goat. I've also tried some very delicious nut cheeses!

Edited by sparkle10184