Cheese is wonderful. And it doesn't help that we have Cheese dragons here on the site, it makes me incredibly hungry, heh.

I guess I like cheese. I love cheese in food, like pizza, pasta and lasagne but cheese alone... eh. Cheese can be nice. Just not the really bad supermarket kind.

Sirene. With black sesame and some honey, and fresh pastries. It's heaven. wub.gif

Yes I resurrected a thread just to say that because I love it that much. Besides, this thread has to live.

Cheese is wonderful. And it doesn't help that we have Cheese dragons here on the site, it makes me incredibly hungry, heh.

I know what do you feel.

I like it well enough. My favorite is the soft shredded pizza cheese. My family keeps it out of my reach for reasons including having the cheese live more than five minutes.

I don't like cheese. I can eat it in something, but other than that.... Eww. *shudders*

Cheddar! The sharper, the better! It's the best for grilled cheese sandwiches, omelets, mac and cheese, or a simple slice with fresh fruit. Tillamook is my favorite producer for their various cheddar lines, and their Monterey Jack is pretty good too, although Vella makes a very nice dry Sonoma Jack. Parmesan is so good too, but not the nasty powders that you shake out of cans. Fresh grated is the only way to go once you've tasted the difference. Different cuisines need different cheeses to match the flavors and textures.

Cheese types I particularly like:

Cheddar

Jack

Parmesan

Cottage cheese

Asagio

Romano

Mozzarella

Lappi

Turunmaa

Gouda

Havarti

Manchego

Cream Cheese

Ricotta

Stay away from things like Kraft Velveeta, American cheese (the plastic it's wrapped in has more flavor) and especially anything labeled "Cheese food." NOT good!

I cannot not imagine life without good cheese, every day! I currently have a medium Cheddar, sharp Cheddar, Ricotta, Parmsesan and a nice bit of Gouda in the refrigerator. Yeah, I'm guess I'm cheesy! biggrin.gif

Brie is my all time favorite cheese. Something about that nice light salty flavor and how spreadable it is... Serve it on slices of sourdough and I'm in heaven. biggrin.gif

I love most other cheeses, too, especially cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan (freshly grated only), pepper jack, and ricotta.

I just remembered- Cream cheese! I love it. Expecially smoked salmon flavour.

How do you eat your cheese? Just plain, or in sandwhiches, or pizza, or whaterver?

Yes! I love cheese! Many kinds of flavors I like but Swiss cheese is my favorite. I also like to make Cheese Sandwiches. LOL! I also like Cheese Sandwich from MLP.

I never really think of it, but cheese is really a thing I must have in my diet. I don't know what it is about it...must be the flavour, lol biggrin.gif

Cheese is a favorite of mine, but there are many kinds that I have not had the opportunity to try. I usually eat the cheese by itself or as part of a larger meal, like a sandwich or with pasta.

I like cheese that's grated, likes Parmesan and asiago. Sliced cheese is just disgusting. xd.png

I don't eat dairy, and now whenever I catch it or accidentally taste it, it tastes disgusting. I once used a non-dairy cheese on a pizza, but, uh, it didn't seem to be the kind you are supposed to melt...

I love most kinds of cheese. <3 I used to hate melted cheese unless it was on a grilled cheese sandwich or on very specific brands of pizza, because the long strings (which get cold very quickly) would make me gag from the texture. It can still happen, but I'm a bit more immune to it.

I really like super sharp aged cheddar. It has a really strong flavor that tastes awesome with tuna on a somewhat sweet, nutty bread like whole grain honey wheat <3. It's also super great when you grill it.

I also like pepper jack and Gouda. Smoked Gouda is absolutely fantastic, especially with summer sausage.

Swiss cheese is gross, though. Sure it has a sharp taste, but it's also really bitter to me. The only time I ever liked it was on a grilled sandwich that also had tomato and some kind of meat (probably ham, because ham and Swiss is a common sandwich type) on it.

But if I ever have to choose one kind of cheese to be my favorite, I'd say Colby jack, since it has a mild enough flavor to go with basically anything. It's very versatile.

When it comes to shredded cheese, I'd rather grate my own, like grated Parmesan, as it melts easier since it's not in a bag with stuff that keeps it from clumping and melting too easy (I believe there's like weird stuff like cardboard or something in the bags? Don't quote me on that, though). But in a pinch, I don't mind using shredded cheese from a bag, especially if I'm needing to use a whole bag or two of cheese in a recipe.

I really don't like American cheese. It's TOO soft and processed-looking for my tastes. The flavor is okay, like really wimpy cheddar or jack cheese, but it's just not that great.

Also I really like that Veggie Cheese stuff. Well, the slices anyway. The shredded stuff tastes awful and is even harder than regular bags of shredded cheese. The sliced veggie cheese made me wary at first, since cheese that needs to be individually wrapped usually tastes gross, but it has good flavor and is a nice substitute on sandwiches. I wouldn't snack on it, though. It's still too weirdly-textured for me to want to eat by itself.

Ooh, I quite like cheese. American is one of the types that I DON'T like though, and packaged string cheese makes me feel ill as well. I quite like Feta and good quality Parmesan, and then some types like Pepper Jack and Cheddar Jack. There's this one set of sliders that I like to get at the grocery store I work at, but for the life of me I can't remember what cheese is on them. It's delicious and I could eat it all day. Same situation for some smoked something-or-other that's good on crackers... I have awful memory. >.<

I love grilled cheese sandwiches, and that's something that I will actually put American on. My parents also graduated from a college that makes good cheese in its agricultural department, so they'll order various blocks and I'll happily eat it plain.

Edited by Dimar

Your post dimar reminded me of my years at Clemson and the wonderful dairy products served in our cafeterias and sold in the store attached to the cheese, ice cream dairy section of the agricultural department. Their ice cream was fantastic, but my favorite was their blue cheese. I could happily eat it until I got sick. No sense to cut myself off when I wanted a cheese fix before I overdid it. I had some about 20 years after I graduated and it lived up to my memories.

Brie and Camembert are both scrumptious and I do enjoy havart of various types. Cheddars are good and some snack recipes call for american cheese, butter and flour with spices and make a great hot hor d'oerve in the cheese straw vein. White pizza is a great invention. No to string cheese though.

Swiss varies from brand to brand. Most of it tastes like rubber especially the smoked varieties of it and other cheeses.

I think I'll go see if we have any cheese. I am hungry, now. alot.png

No one seems to like string cheese D: It's just mozzarella, which is delicious in lotsa things, especially those mozzarella sticks or the breadsticks with mozzarella inside. <3

Well, okay, not all of it is mozzarella. I remember there was this kind of string cheese I had gotten because I thought it would be awesome...it was a "twist" thing or whatever, with two different cheeses twisted together, usually cheddar and mozzarella I think. It...wasn't that great. The cheese was really hard and dry and it didn't string like normal string cheese, which I thought defeated the purpose.

Speaking of cheese twist things, does anyone else like those Cheez-It Twisterz? >w< I haven't had them in forever but I remember really liking the "cheddar and more cheddar" and the "cool ranch and cheddar" flavors. :U

Yes, I do like cheese it twisters. I had one that had blue cheese and something and it was awesome, too awesome. I ate too much at one sitting. As you age you have to be more careful about over indulging as your metabolism generally slows down making weight easier to gain.

I like melted hot mozarella but not cold mozarella or cold swiss. String cheese reminds me of those two cheeses when cold and I just don't like he taste.

Anyone like laughing cow triangles of cheese? They are fun to eat.

I love it, but hate it too.

I liked it melted on things, but otherwise I cant stick it.

Pizzas, toasties, cheese on toast, burgers? Yes please.

Grated cheese in a sandwich? No thanks.

Maybe its the heat, idk.