EllisRocks101 =)

Cheese

Proper Farmhouse Cheese are great. The mass produced stuff sold in supermarkets not so much.

And the so-called 'cheese slices' you get in burgers and the like can't actualy legally be *called* cheese in the UK anyway.

...Cheese is nasty.

Yes, I said it. I can eat it if it's in something, like a pizza, pasta or a burger etc., but not straight out. I hate the smell and taste, and after finding out about cheese mites...Well, look them up for yourself.

I adore cheese biggrin.gif A block of mild/medium cheddar and crackers is a sure way to make me happy. ... that said, I haven't tried many different types, but I do intend to change that in the future.

Cheese, OH YEAH! You better believe it! A nice sharp cheddar is my fave, though a nice parmesan or asiago make me happy as well.

...As long as it's the right kind. wink.gif

(I agree with Tikindi here- a good amount of what one might encounter is not worth the name..)

And the so-called 'cheese slices' you get in burgers and the like can't actualy legally be *called* cheese in the UK anyway.

It's not actually considered cheese in the US either, since it's technically a cheese product...but don't tell the average US citizen that. The only "cheese" that people will eat here is the fake American cheese slices.

There is some American cheese that's considered real cheese, but I still don't like it...it all tastes like ick to me.

When I was in my animation class and we ended up with the theme "America", I took that opportunity to "kill" a package of American Kraft Singles.

The only cheese I can find in stores that has any flavor is pretty much the higher end cheese that's 11$ a pound. The best cheese I've tried was from a cheese store where most of the cheese came in expensive small blocks. I sampled every kind in that store, except the black truffle cheese because there wasn't any samples put out.

Some day I want to be able to make my own cheese. I have a cheese making book and all I need is to find a farm that will sell me fresh unpasteurized milk, and a place to make it and store it.

Overall, I'd love to be able to find a store where I can buy some home made cheese...I don't want to have to buy the expensive stuff to have any tasty cheese.

I love cheese, especially sharp aged cheddar. The only cheese I hate is American. To be honest, it tastes like plastic.

I went to a cheese store once, and I tried seven-year-old cheddar. It was amazing.

I'm quite fond of the mild sorts, like Swiss, Gouda, Maasdammer etc.

"Cheese" slices are only good as a quick cheapo pasta topping when I'm starving.

But...Cake isn't overrated. It's amazing. o3o Especially with buttercream icing. Omnom.

I swear, I feel like such a weirdo. My family goes through about 2 full blocks of cheese on a good week, just eating it straight off the block. And I cringe and shuffle away. xd.png

Depends on the cheese really. Smoked and vintage cheese is awesome, more specifically smoked vintage cheddar cheese, preferably aged past 12 months. I dislike nearly every other cheese, blue cheese is in my opinion, disgusting. The smell and the taste are just, unappealing. I'll eat mozzarella, though it seems rubbery to me, on the other hand cream cheese is okay. For some odd reason I prefer that sliced processed cheese over actual sliced cheese, it seems to melt that much faster. Though, hand me a block of vintage cheese and I'll accept it with a grin. xd.png

Ever heard of maggot cheese or casu marzu? People actually eat that stuff, well I guess it depends on your tastes. *Shudders*

It's funny how little really good cheese is available in the US. I can buy 5 year old cheddar in my local supermarket. biggrin.gif

It's still got nothing on the stuff I can get at the quarterly agricultural shows that are held locally, though. Some of that is really phenomenal. I got a lovely Cheddar with ale & mustard seeds, and also a nice vintage from the Truckle Cheese Co. last time I was there.

I love cheese in things or on things, but just plain cheese? Do Not Want. I don't know why there should be such a distinction in my mind, but yeah. The idea of eating just plain cheese is very off-putting, somehow.

Cooked in things, I tend to like lots of different cheeses. Uncooked - on crackers, or something like that - I tend to prefer white cheeses like swiss or provolone.

Eh... it depends on the cheese. I love a good gouda or cheddar, and muenster is good. But things like brie, blue cheese, american (fake) cheese, and I'd rather just not eat anything.

not by itself.

However, I'd be hard pressed to find a food (excluding fruit) that isn't made better by some kind of cheese.

Cheese is like 50% of my diet, literally. I eat it every day. I love all kinds of cheese, except for swiss and provolone. They don't have enough flavor. Although melted swiss on a sandwich isn't too bad.

But yeah. I love cheese. Why do you think I have over 30 Cheese Dragons? tongue.gif

However, I'd be hard pressed to find a food (excluding fruit) that isn't made better by some kind of cheese.

I can think of plenty. Like cookies.... and pies... and ice cream. tongue.gif

Ah and this reminds me of a certain

Edited by Trinity.

I can think of plenty. Like cookies.... and pies... and ice cream. tongue.gif

Well you can't fix perfection my friend!

not by itself.

You don't even need to exclude fruit! Apples & Cheese go really really well together. As does christmas cake for some reason.

I love cheese and I love it with different foods as well.

...and also a nice vintage from the Truckle Cheese Co. last time I was there.

Oh I love that cheese.

Really, you in the US don't have a clue about good cheese. Not your fault of course, if good cheese is hard to get hold of then you're not going to eat it too often.

My own personal faves are a good blue cheese such as gorgonzola, a good mature cheddar, smoked cheese and feta.

I love cheese. Unfortunately I haven't been able to touch it for years as it's a migraine trigger food. The craving never goes away. sad.gif