Sign in to follow this  
Cavedragon49990

Phobias/Paranioa

Earwigs.

Leenked

Nasty, nasty things. I keep imagining they're just waiting for me to go to sleep, so they can crawl inside my ear, me waking up in the morning being deaf in one ear, and its rear pincer snapping at any attempt to remove it by pulling.

It would keep digging its way in, nibbling at the insides of the ear, and eventually perforating the ear drum..

..yeah.

It doesn't help that the Hungarian name for them translates to Crawls-In-Your-Ear. I had the fright of my life when I woke up, late at night with one of them on my pillow, right next to my head.

Earwigs are cute though ;-;

Good parents even :3

Edited by NixAyum

I don't really fear anything else than these. I have no problems with spiders, snakes, heights, dark or anything like that, but I simply can't stand those huge bugs. I know they are completely harmless, but when one of them got inside our house last summer I locked up in my room and didn't come out until my friend had killed it.

I am afraid of any kind of bugs, pretty or not. I really hate answering the phone unless it is my mom or relative...

I one fell off the monkey bars and broke my collar bone, and it was my RIGHT one and I was right handed DX. I am also afraid of ghosts (don't laugh please....) and being alone in the dark unless I am sleeping. I also get the creeps that someone is always behind me waiting for the moment to get me *_*;

So those are my basic fears

I read the first few posts, and I think I will keep watch for Earwings now... but other than that I am not afraid of anything else. Not afraid of heights (I have always wanted to fly xd.png) sudden loud noises (proved at the science center, my parents and sis screamed), I just don't really like clowns, but I might have a fear of dying a bad death like car/airplane/transportation accident...creepy, or suffocation. Dad is afraid of dog attacks, mom is afraid of accidents like me, and my sister is afraid of everything. I hope I get rid of some of these sooner or later...

Edited by Alice55blue

I have always been extremely afraid of hypodermic needles (See Trypanophobia). Whenever I go to the doctor I make my mom promise I won't get a shot, and currently I am overdue for 3 vaccinations because I refuse to get them. However, the procedure to me is highly painful - despite people telling me it isn't; in my case they're wrong. Currently my fear of needles has transformed into a debilitating fear of all medical procedures.

My boyfriend had his wisdom teeth removed Monday, and I had to use a nebulizer (sp?) Wednesday for a chronic cough. These together caused an extreme mental breakdown.

Does anyone have advice for a fear of medical treatment? I feel like doctors are going to hurt me, and I don't trust the devices they use. My breakdown made me realize that I may need serious help in overcoming this.

Bugs. Especially roaches. Roaches die drowning in pools of Spectracide when I see them. Most bugs I ever see in my house do, actually...I can stand things like ladybugs and butterflies as long as they in no way touch me. Just..no. No bugs touching me. EVER.

Big jumping dogs. I like big dogs, but it kinda scares me when they jump on me.

Breaking a bone.

Pain.

Paranoia of being alone in an uncluttered space. Weird, I know. I just...I get paranoid that someone's watching me/going to kill me when I'm alone in an uncluttered space. I guess I'm a little bit agoraphobic. .-.

We have pretty much the same fears/phobias/whatever x-x

I go absolutely bonkers around insects. No idea why. And by bonkers I mean if there is a bug on or around me I flail, get shivers, and either run or try to kill it.

Pretty sure I can say I have a phobia of insects.

Same...

And then my brother or mom tries to put a bug on me or make me hold it and I freak out and wont let anyone near me for 15 minutes to an hour x-x

Edited by NakedSchnitzelFace

I don't really fear anything else than these.

Don't worry they can't hurt you at all. When I was 6 we used to catch them by the leggs and put them in little bug keeper things

Insects. All kinds of insects except ladybugs and flies. Never used to be afraid of them until I had a nightmare where there were bugs crawling all over me.

For the rest I'm afraid of the dark and getting out of bed at night. Which is actually the reason for buying a bed with drawers underneath it when I needed a new bed. It was a bit more expensive but at least now I'm not lying awake for half an hour going: "You're being ridiculous, there's nothing underneath your bed, now get up and go use the bathroom."

I have an irrational fear that I will bite my own tongue off. Seriously, that's what scares me most about a potential car crash-- not breaking limbs or paralysis or crushing all my organs-- biting my tongue off. Any time I get nervous about something I curl my tongue way up into the back of my mouth, lol.

I think my dad used to repeatedly tell me that would happen, though. Along with things like running with a lollipop meant you would trip, land on your face, and impale the stick through the roof of your mouth and die. O.o He was kind of a sick censorkip.gif.

Pentheraphobia- Fear of Mother-in-laws (Parents-in-laws too)

Don't worry they can't hurt you at all. When I was 6 we used to catch them by the leggs and put them in little bug keeper things

If it's a real phobia that probably won't help.

Earwigs.

Leenked

Nasty, nasty things. I keep imagining they're just waiting for me to go to sleep, so they can crawl inside my ear, me waking up in the morning being deaf in one ear, and its rear pincer snapping at any attempt to remove it by pulling.

It would keep digging its way in, nibbling at the insides of the ear, and eventually perforating the ear drum..

..yeah.

It doesn't help that the Hungarian name for them translates to Crawls-In-Your-Ear. I had the fright of my life when I woke up, late at night with one of them on my pillow, right next to my head.

Aww come on, I'm nice once you get to know me...

Edited by NixAyum

im afraid of making people making people mad at me, and i hate being isolated, which can explain the daily hours i spend on the internet... xd.png

Mountain tops. Where I can fall. Or even just see a loooong way down. The second one only for mountain tops, but the first for anything. I can't go to the top of the mountain on ski trips because I am subconsciously afraid of falling down, even though if I fell it would not be a straight-drop-to-death, but more of a tumble-and-hit-tree, on my head if I'm unlucky. I'm not afraid of other high places though.

I coincide. Keep them in links, please. This is a phobia thread for Pete sake. ._.

*is Insectophobia*

I have a friend that terrified of white liquids... like milk.. or ranch..

Its fun to tease her about it ;]

Not to sound cruel or anything but there's nothing fun about mocking fears to anyone. Especially to one called "friend".

I am extremely terrified of those dolls that open and close their eyes and also of the ones that talk. I also have a very personal fear of being alone, needles and hospitals.

Not to sound cruel or anything but there's nothing fun about mocking fears to anyone. Especially to one called "friend".

Quoted for truth.

So true...

People find it absurd or funny that I am afraid of babies. I've been squeamish around them since I was little though. Also, people don't care. It's "unnatural" to be afraid of them. I am sick and tired of people saying "they can't hurt you" or "you were one once too". Do people not realize that fears are mostly illogical anyway? Most of the can't hurt and stem from early experiences usually.

People find it absurd or funny that I am afraid of babies. I've been squeamish around them since I was little though. Also, people don't care. It's "unnatural" to be afraid of them. I am sick and tired of people saying "they can't hurt you" or "you were one once too". Do people not realize that fears are mostly illogical anyway? Most of the can't hurt and stem from early experiences usually.

Spiders are the same (with obvious exceptions like black widows). They can't hurt you. And instead of the once being one it's your 100 times bigger than it.

I DON'T CARE!

I'm also deathly afraid of calling anybody I don't already know. If somebody I don't know calls and I accidentally answer I'll talk like nothing's wrong but after I hang up I curl up and cry.

I'm fine face-to-face and the internet but over the phone scares the crap out of me.

Sign in to follow this